Radars keep malfunctioning - looking for ideas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2023, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S560
Radars keep malfunctioning - looking for ideas

Hey!
I have W222 and I did two modifications to it: I put AMG pack (not S63 package, but retrofitted the AMG line) as well as lowered the car by installing lowering module (the one you plug into the wires under the seat - happened to be "recommended" by then).

My radars (with blind spot detection) keep turning off right after startup (I see red triangle on each mirror for 1s) and I have three dismissible yellow warnings from each system on the dash. I did calibration at my mechanic but they keep getting an error after few days or several hundred kilometres. I replaced radars to make sure they were working correctly, but that didn't have any effect.

The car is wrapped with 3M vinyl wrap. I heard people having similar stories and removing wrap helping, but I didn't confirm this.

I am wondering whether the module can be the culprit here, causing some issues on the wiring or confusing radars by the way it affects the height signal from the sensors. I don't know how it works, maybe you've seen that type of module before, but it plugs into the wiring under the drivers seat.

I am about to remove it, but I wanted to ask if you had anything like that before. I recently started noticing that occasionally, the rear sun shade would unfold by itself and I had to fold it by pressing the button. Strange.

Last edited by grabbou; 09-25-2023 at 02:32 PM.