Got my first CEL! Lol

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2024, 06:39 PM

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts
W222, Porsche 958
Got my first CEL! Lol

Whats up everyone

SO for about a month? a couple of times at slow speeds I've had the CEL pop on which I would shut the engine off and back on and it would go away but today it stayed on so I pulled over checked the codes and got a couple and when I got home went on FCP Euro and bought )8) new ignition coils. I've done a lot of preventive maintenance it's what I do with all my cars but Ignition coils was the one thing I haven't done although I've had them in my FCP saved cart for months now lol

here's a photo from my code reader ill have the coils replaced next week - when I did the spark plugs last year my mechanic replaced the coil boots at the time so i'll have him do the coils this week. I actually have an appt with Mercedes service next week since ive owned the car for 1 year exactly last week and I just want them to look over the car and check everything out throw it on a lift look it over tell me if there's anything wrong or needing attention in the near or future.

That's all i got to say lol
Attached Thumbnails Got my first CEL! Lol-img_0987.jpeg  
Old 02-02-2024, 08:16 PM

Received 96 Likes on 57 Posts
2019 S560 4MATIC Sedan
Hard to believe that the coils are aftermarket now. (at least for my 2019 S560) Unavailable from Mercedes as a new part. I wonder where they get their warranty replacements from? Would be interesting to know what the last year they used these in production.
Old 02-03-2024, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W222 S560, 991.1 4S, Rivian R1S, Honda Odyssey!
Same thing happened on my 911. All of a sudden I got a million warnings and the engine had reduced power and ran rough. got her home, called up my Indy and he said sounds like coils. A week later I swapped them out and no errors since
Old 02-03-2024, 01:24 PM

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts
W222, Porsche 958
Yup exactly what happened - if say i was waiting to get a car wash while sitting still it would trigger and you would feel the slightest rough idle and I knew it was the coils and then yesterday leaving work happened but while driving and you felt the little more roughness i pulled over plugged in the OBD - boom coil

3 a.m this morning I woke up went on FCP Euro and purchased a set of (8) they'll be here Tuesday .. might do them myself but i'll end up bringing it to my local mechanic job doesn't require anything special.