S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Is there a way to remove wireless charger in the center console?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S560 W222
Is there a way to remove wireless charger in the center console?

Hi all
I’m a new “used” owner of a 2020 S560.

The wireless charging tray eats up valuable storage space and it appears to be useless due to heat issues. Besides I’d love to reclaim the storage space in the center console (as it takes up all the space being installed at the top).

Thank You all in advance.
Old 04-30-2024, 05:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W213, W222
I was about to do the same but not sure what to put there instead of that...
do you have rear AC? i mean controls of ventilation. probably yes when u are talking about storage space... i can help you disassemble the part of the console but there is a question what you want to do, you can just take out the charger which leaves you with a hole there and things will fall down inside the console or you can find the original bottom of the console without charger which i find not easy bcs i didnt find it as a part alone only with the whole console.
Old 04-30-2024, 09:09 AM

S560 W222
Thank you for the response.
I do have the rear AC Climate controls behind the console.
I am assuming you pulled out the wireless charger and there was no "console storage box" beneath the charger itself ? I was afraid of that.
Is it just an empty box with wiring ? I am surprised MB doesn't have the box available as a part.

I have to stop by my MB Dealer to pick up some floor mats within a week - perhaps I can ask a few of the staff and see if they have some ideas.

Did you pull the wireless charger out and leave the empty area ?
Old 04-30-2024, 10:12 PM
VII

Received 90 Likes on 69 Posts
2016 S65, 2014 SLK55 (Previous 2013 SLK350, 2008 CLS63, 2006 E350, 2006 CLS500, 2005 C230K)
There is no space to be had if you have rear AC, unlike other vehicles the S class has fully independent rear climate control which means there is a whole heater case with blower in there.
Old 05-01-2024, 05:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W213, W222
I had the whole tunel out bcs of instaling video in motion module.

You are looking at it in wrong way its not about the charger box, you need to change the whole bottom of the storage box to get what you want... but you need to find one for facelift bcs prefl had another usb panel.. it was larger bcs of video connections (at least in mine second it is like that). If you find bottom from a car without wireless charger you will get a real space there. this one what we have now is also in angle (i dont know how to say it but i mean that in the front is "deeper" than in back) the bottom without charger is flat on both sides

And the thing why you need the whole bottom of the console, is that you can remove the whole charger but its just charger its not any other box there... after removing the charger you will be left with a hole in the bottom and there is already the AC and the rest of the tunnel so just taking it out doesnt make sense...

hope you understood what i wanted to say if you want look at it by yourself i can create you a little manual for that but probably i need to disassemble it on my car for that so just dont want do it without a reason

Last edited by dunaj6; 05-01-2024 at 05:59 PM.
Old 05-02-2024, 08:17 PM

S560 W222
Originally Posted by dunaj6
I had the whole tunel out bcs of instaling video in motion module.

You are looking at it in wrong way its not about the charger box, you need to change the whole bottom of the storage box to get what you want... but you need to find one for facelift bcs prefl had another usb panel.. it was larger bcs of video connections (at least in mine second it is like that). If you find bottom from a car without wireless charger you will get a real space there. this one what we have now is also in angle (i dont know how to say it but i mean that in the front is "deeper" than in back) the bottom without charger is flat on both sides

And the thing why you need the whole bottom of the console, is that you can remove the whole charger but its just charger its not any other box there... after removing the charger you will be left with a hole in the bottom and there is already the AC and the rest of the tunnel so just taking it out doesnt make sense...

hope you understood what i wanted to say if you want look at it by yourself i can create you a little manual for that but probably i need to disassemble it on my car for that so just dont want do it without a reason

Thank You a bunch for your detailed explanation. Really appreciate it and a tad disappointed but understand that it’s just not a removal and having to add the box.

Did you just wind up keeping the wireless charger ?
My guess it would be quite expensive to buy and swap out to the deep storage console.
Just seem to give up quite a bit for a silly charger.
Old 05-05-2024, 03:39 PM

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts
Mercedes S560
Originally Posted by bizmarkk
Thank You a bunch for your detailed explanation. Really appreciate it and a tad disappointed but understand that it’s just not a removal and having to add the box.

Did you just wind up keeping the wireless charger ?
My guess it would be quite expensive to buy and swap out to the deep storage console.
Just seem to give up quite a bit for a silly charger.
Although my dealer has told me there's nothing wrong with my S560 's console charge pad - it would charge initially for maybe 15 minutes, and then just quit charging - this was at least two iPhones ago, and I haven't tried it in several years - I just plug a charge cord into the receptacle and use that. Since I seldom use a cup holder whilst driving, t's not at all inconvenient for me; I can stick the phone into the cup holder slot. I place calls and answer them with the steering wheel controls or console control, so I don't have to hold the phone. Or if the phone is in my shirt pocket as it is most of the time, I just tell Siri to make the call.

My philosophy with my car is: Work around the little issues, or just forget it. I'm too old to let niggling little things bother me. Peace of mind is more important. This, along with holding down initial costs, is why I always minimize option buys when I've ordered a car. Fewer unnecessary options, fewer problems.