S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Something weird but cool happened yesterday... Freak occurance?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2024, 03:32 PM

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
2018 S 450
Something weird but cool happened yesterday... Freak occurance?

Yesterday I did what I always do. Parked my S450 at the hotel, closed all the shades and locked by touching the door handles. Car locked normally. I walked away and about one minute later returned for something I had forgotten in the car. Unlocked the door through the door handles and leaned inside the car to open the center console. One hand on the driver's seat, one looking for my wallet inside the console.

Before I was even able to find my wallet, all the shades oppened at once. Including rear passenger moonroof cover. I though it was fantanstic as this is something I often do manually when I get in the car since I close all the shades when parking outside. So, what gives? Just a cool glitch?

Granted, I was wearing a backpack and that might have pressed something on the drivers door that would have caused this. Is there a "combo" command in the door that does this?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by BeanBR; 05-14-2024 at 06:14 PM.
Old 05-14-2024, 04:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,070 Likes on 1,443 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
could some part of your body have been pressing the unlocked button of the key fob because if it's pressed long enough, all of the things that opened up will open up.
Old 05-14-2024, 06:14 PM

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
2018 S 450
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
could some part of your body have been pressing the unlocked button of the key fob because if it's pressed long enough, all of the things that opened up will open up.
I did have the key fob in my pocket and I considered that being the case. But even when I try to use this function in on purpose it is still kind of clumsy. I end up releasing the button before it’s all open. I must have lucked out that something pressed the button and kept it pressed.

Probably will never happen again 😂