S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Who's is BEST at CODING NEED HELP TURNING BITURBO TO TWIN TURBO ON MY S65 CLUSTER

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2024, 11:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S65 AMG W222 2017
Originally Posted by carlosinseattle
Knowing how to laugh and when to laugh are 2 different things. To save my sanity, and brain cells, I'll never look at this thread again...

Use it or lose it savings not always the best option in a evolutionary sense.
Old 06-27-2024, 11:46 PM

S65 AMG W222 2017
Originally Posted by kafklatsch
I didnt think it was possible to change the "images" within the mercedes programmed control module software.
it is likely that it requires a deeper dive into the actual modification of the program images and the image file location, size and file name.

interested to see if it is possible...

I believe anything made by man is possible to break down and reassemble in a desired fashion its just can you find the right person and juice to squeeze ratio. I am persistent but not tech savvy enough to do alone ive done plenty of things like this to BMW but this is not my cup of tea nor are there as many people modding such vehicles its an older crowd.. I will let you know what I finally come up with if and when that time comes for your interest .

Take care
Old 06-27-2024, 11:55 PM

S65 AMG W222 2017
Originally Posted by will_atl
But you have a Bi Turbo

Everyone in the Mercedes world knows the difference between the two, Bi is saved for AMG, twin goes in everything else.

[[url]https://www.autohausonedens.com/research/turbo-charger-comparison/]
How Do Twin Turbo and Biturbo Engines Work?

Both of these engines are twin turbocharged, simply meaning they use two turbochargers instead of one. How the turbochargers are configured is what separates the engines into two types: parallel and sequential turbos.

Twin Turbo: Sequential Twin Turbo Engines

Twin turbo powertrains that use sequential twin turbochargers rely on two differently sized turbochargers that work independently. The smaller turbocharger is used for lower engine speeds, and the larger turbocharger is used for higher engine speeds. At low RPM rates, the smaller turbo will spool until enough pressure has accumulated to activate the second, larger turbo. Sequential turbocharging provides a way to decrease turbo lag—also referred to as slowed throttle response—without compromising boost output and engine power. Sequential turbocharging also provides a lower boost threshold and increased power output at lower engine speeds.

Mercedes-Benz biturbo: Parallel Twin Turbo Engines

Mercedes-Benz biturbo engines utilize two identical turbochargers simultaneously, therefore equally splitting the turbocharging duties. Typically, each turbocharger is assigned to a specific number of cylinders (for example, turbocharger A is assigned to cylinders 1-3 on a V6 engine, and turbocharger B is assigned to cylinders 4-6). This allows them to work together to create boost faster and more efficiently. Despite losing some top end power, this configuration also reduces turbo lag.
Thank you for this info great read and I appreciate the feedback. You may not agree with what I want but you supported the conversation and taught me things I respect that and am grateful .
The following users liked this post:
will_atl (06-28-2024)
Old 06-28-2024, 12:48 AM

S65 AMG W222 2017
Originally Posted by C Swenson
I am not looking for sympathy but I appreciate your empathy and gesture. Nor am I arguing with your point losing a loved one sucks regardless of what color, belief, agenda, job, hobby, or personal risks they may expose themselves to. LIFE IS PRECIOUS and I care for everyone. I have friends who are of different beliefs than I but I judge a person by their character not their sexuality, drug use, beliefs etc . My thread is about finding an emblem I want not bashing anyone else. You asked some questions. I gave some answers. I do not want to make this negative I will however give you some food for thought based on your article. Again I am not claiming it's ok for anyone to feel self mutilation is the best option or that they are not loved or accepted. I am a bio chemist by trade so I do have some perhaps cold but pragmatic views.

A couple things I would note about your article. It quantifies SRB (suicide related behaviors) not successful suicide resulting in dispatch. I also believe the article is using self reported numbers not actual attempt vs dispatch of life per medical records or coroners. Women actually attempt suicide much more than men they just aren't nearly as successful (HATE TO USE THAT WORD)l in exiting this realm they are predominatly attempts. People may hate me for saying this but it's the same reason men are the best comedians. We learn self deprecation as a coping mechanism because we know part of being a man is no one cares about our story or is coming to save us. On the other hand women are much more likely to have a caring supporting audience. Again I lost a sister not saying it doesn't happen. But do not mistake SRB with ultimate fatality death. Statistics are the thugs of the math world. I would say that most men who succeed in suicide feel they were always alone and never appreciated and knew no one would ever play into supporting their down feelings. Essentially from a young age we a steered to tough it out. I am not saying your articles wrong. I hate that this thread went this direction but I encourage you to look at the numerical disparity between attempt SRB and actual dispatch of life. The attempts paint a very different picture than the exits of this realm by demographic populous . I would bet you may find the Bi factor is not the primary casualty if you were to find real data on fatalities though I cannot prove this nor do I care to read much more into it as its consumed a large portion of my life.

If anyone ever needs someone to talk to im here and know that sunshine always comes after the rain. Pain is temporary life goes on.

Wishing you all the best!
Old 06-30-2024, 07:20 AM

S65 AMG W222 2017
Originally Posted by VII
No, you will have to suffer the indignity of the biturbo.
Although there is always electrical tape.
Wrong if man made it. It can be remade. Im sure some people believe the hype like only Mercedes could work on Mercedes and once the man with this information dies it's lost but that's not true. Long before the internet people wrote down information / there lives work in these things called books so the next generation could pick up where they left off.

Cars are very much the same especially software. If man made it it can be taken apart and re constructed by man its just finding the right skill set that's the challenge.

If you believe there is one gate keeper to something so simple as to what a dash reads wording how do industries and products not completely collapse after the inventor dies?

This is not the case but these companies do a great job of milking sheep into believing things are of such a high standard only they can work on. That's not true I know more about most any BMW than the guys in service Dept and im not a mechanic.

In case you have never heard the term I live by?" mother made em, mother f*ck em" no man is that special especially who was not the inventor. Just all a matter of juice for the squeeze and persistence. Siome folks are windshield flluid experts some are PDK pros. If mn
Old 07-01-2024, 07:37 AM

Received 350 Likes on 241 Posts
13 s212 63 p30. 03 s55amg. 06 LX470
I feel like I’m lost here between idiocy and the hate. Am I reading that someone doesn’t want to have the word biturbo on their car because they are socially inept creature, but they are willing to have their car identify as something different? I just still I’m hoping that 2+2 = 4 by the time I hit enter.

I wish there was a cartoon of Yosemite Sam going “I hate people who make up their own definitions, so I’m going to make up my own definition to describe them.”

Coding cars, adding or changing something they didn’t add at the factory,hm familiar…. sounds like you prefer to be different with your own identity. Good luck. I prefer stock.

On our forum we will let you make changes to your outer appearance, and inner performance, and you’re gonna have to listen to our opinion too.

Last edited by Baltistyle; 07-01-2024 at 07:38 AM.
The following users liked this post:
C Swenson (07-01-2024)