S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Insurance . . . . . . .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:42 PM

Received 278 Likes on 192 Posts
2001 S600 V12 Sold, 2011 Jaguar XFR Sold, 2017 S550 4-Matic, 2018 S63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by SW20S

Sure they CAN call the loan, but they're not going to.
No, they do. And it's not as rare as you would think. A buddy of mine who had a used car lot would buy 80% of hs inventory at Crediut Union sales. Often times the reason for the reposession was the failure of the borrowers to acquire proper insurance. It happens more with borrowers with lower credit and income, for obvious reasons. It's real. That stipulation is clearly stated on every loan document, but people never read long contracts.
The following users liked this post:
MBNUT1 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,803 Likes on 1,797 Posts
2024 S580
Originally Posted by carlosinseattle
Former LO.

The maximum deductible for FHA homeowners insurance is the higher of $1,000 or 1% of the dwelling coverage's face amount, unless a higher amount is required by law. For wind or hurricane coverage, the maximum deductible is the higher of $2,000 or 2% of the dwelling coverage's face amount
FHA mortgages are secured by the government, thats a little bit different. Even so Very few people have deductibles over $1,000. I have been doing this for 20 years and have sold over 500 homes and this has never come up, not once.

No, they do. And it's not as rare as you would think. A buddy of mine who had a used car lot would buy 80% of hs inventory at Crediut Union sales. Often times the reason for the reposession was the failure of the borrowers to acquire proper insurance. It happens more with borrowers with lower credit and income, for obvious reasons. It's real. That stipulation is clearly stated on every loan document, but people never read long contracts.
Exactly, lower credit borrowers, not us. Like I said I have always run $1,000 deductibles and no lender has ever said anything to me.
Old Yesterday, 05:46 PM

Received 278 Likes on 192 Posts
2001 S600 V12 Sold, 2011 Jaguar XFR Sold, 2017 S550 4-Matic, 2018 S63 AMG Sedan
FHA mortgages are secured by the government, thats a little bit different. Even so Very few people have deductibles over $1,000. I have been doing this for 20 years and have sold over 500 homes and this has never come up, not once.

Exactly, lower credit borrowers, not us. Like I said I have always run $1,000 deductibles and no lender has ever said anything to me.
When I was in lending, I would tell my clients; good loan officers have to know everything about loans, and most things about real estate. But Real Estate Agents just need to know a little about real estate and nothing about mortgages...LOL

Just poking at you Steve Glad you still hang out with us over here!
Old Yesterday, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 S580
When I was in lending, I would tell my clients; good loan officers have to know everything about loans, and most things about real estate. But Real Estate Agents just need to know a little about real estate and nothing about mortgages...LOL

Just poking at you Steve Glad you still hang out with us over here!
LOL, I actually say the same thing about us real estate agents. Good agents know everything about loans a mortgage lender knows, and everything about title, construction, insurance, I've gotten people green cards...negotiated liens from the IRS...I've handled people's estates... its a crazy business lol.

We always refer people to good LOs but you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink! They wind up using some terrible online lender or a credit union who gives them a hard time about insurance deductibles!
The following users liked this post:
carlosinseattle (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:39 PM

Received 261 Likes on 155 Posts
2018 S560; 2022 EQS450+
LOL, I actually say the same thing about us real estate agents. Good agents know everything about loans a mortgage lender knows, and everything about title, construction, insurance, I've gotten people green cards...negotiated liens from the IRS...I've handled people's estates... its a crazy business lol.

We always refer people to good LOs but you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink! They wind up using some terrible online lender or a credit union who gives them a hard time about insurance deductibles!
What I was taught, and lived by, in a lifetime of selling: Know your product as well as you can, keep learning, always keep asking questions, listen to what you hear.
There’s almost always a way around a difficulty.
Old Yesterday, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 S580
Originally Posted by Newbyloub
What I was taught, and lived by, in a lifetime of selling: Know your product as well as you can, keep learning, always keep asking questions, listen to what you hear.
There’s almost always a way around a difficulty.
This is good advice
Old Yesterday, 09:48 PM

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts
2016 S550
I've never had a bank care about my deductible or even ask what it is.
They don't ask, but it's in the loan agreements of having insurance coverage. Most people don't read the fine details. Are they going to hound you on it every month and check your premiums? No, probably not.
Old Yesterday, 11:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 S580
Originally Posted by 95Sinned420
They don't ask, but it's in the loan agreements of having insurance coverage. Most people don't read the fine details. Are they going to hound you on it every month and check your premiums? No, probably not.
Thats exactly my point. I’ve never been asked, I send in my proof of insurance as requested and whatever I send is clearly fine because I never hear any issue.