S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Low beams really low

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2024, 05:21 PM

Location: Bucks County PA not far from the Delaware River North & East of Philly by an hour.
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
‘68 Pontiac convertible, ‘71 Corvette 4 spd, ‘20 Accord Touring, 06 Duramax crew-c
Originally Posted by MBNUT1
Funny when I saw that I wondered whether the car had been in a front end collision as well.
Saw what - the photos of the light at night or the photos of the car?
Old 10-04-2024, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 112 Likes on 60 Posts
Had: 1987 300TD, Had: 2004 C230 Sport Sedan, Have: 2014 E350 Sport, Have: 2019 S450
The low beam cutoff in your photo is definitely lower (shorter sight distance) than mine.

I think that’s where the comment comes from.
The following users liked this post:
MBNUT1 (Yesterday)
Old 10-04-2024, 10:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 804 Likes on 524 Posts
Current/Last 5-years: GLS,X5,Tesla,Accord; Sold:S560;S550,2x X7; X5;BMW 530e;Lincoln Navigator;LS460
Originally Posted by dmatre
The low beam cutoff in your photo is definitely lower (shorter sight distance) than mine.

I think that’s where the comment comes from.
yup… even the factory (or say legal) calibration, they are still higher than I like for any of my cars. Usually I keep aiming them higher until they are just around/above the license plate of the car in front of me from a far distance.. therefore I know they are set higher than factory, but wouldn’t blind anyone. Luckily I can do that for my Tesla right from the screen electronically… I never needed to do that on any of my german cars with adaptive headlights unlocked anyway.
The following users liked this post:
MBNUT1 (Yesterday)
Old 10-04-2024, 11:31 PM

Location: Bucks County PA not far from the Delaware River North & East of Philly by an hour.
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
‘68 Pontiac convertible, ‘71 Corvette 4 spd, ‘20 Accord Touring, 06 Duramax crew-c
Well late today the Carmax general manager asked me in an email if there is any shops near me that can fix my headlight problem. Either he is doing me a favor and saving me the trouble of an hour’s drive to their store and the loaner car I would need or I’m a great PITA he wants to avoid.
I’m nibbling away their profits
Old Yesterday, 03:04 AM
SPONSOR

Received 864 Likes on 671 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by MrMischief
Well late today the Carmax general manager asked me in an email if there is any shops near me that can fix my headlight problem. Either he is doing me a favor and saving me the trouble of an hour’s drive to their store and the loaner car I would need or I’m a great PITA he wants to avoid.
Should take 30 min to fix.
Old Yesterday, 09:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 804 Likes on 524 Posts
Current/Last 5-years: GLS,X5,Tesla,Accord; Sold:S560;S550,2x X7; X5;BMW 530e;Lincoln Navigator;LS460
Originally Posted by MrMischief
Dealer is right.. no reason to drive an hour for something like that (other than avoid digesting the cost of adjusting them). It will take a beginner no more than 1-2 minutes to align each of them them up. In fact you can do that in your garage if you follow best practices and carefully search online on how to do it.