S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Carfax reported bogus information

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2024 | 12:40 PM

From: Bucks County PA not far from the Delaware River North & East of Philly by an hour.
‘68 Pontiac convertible, ‘71 Corvette 4 spd, ‘20 Accord Touring, 06 Duramax crew-c
Carfax reported bogus information

I received a Carfax update yesterday. It listed work done by a shop I never went to. I did call them, left a message and they called back asking for detailed information on the car. i cancelled any plans when I found out how far away they were. (Different from what was on their website). I contacted today that shop and they said they don’t know how Carfax can be corrected.

Now as a result I compared actual records I obtained through contact I had with previous owners and very little jives. My local MB dealer contacted Carfax and has initiated an investigation and corrections
The correct information is in my favor when and if it gets done. The Carfax lists 2 minor accidents when actually it was one and the second reporting was a second shop repairing work done unsatisfactory from the first incident. Apparently the MB VMI report contained reported services from another car (with conflicting VINs) plus some other VMI received entries meant for my car’s VIN. I found out that not all MB dealers report to CarFax. Last week - with information on the VMI report I managed to have several MB dealers send me copies of their services when I provided the invoice numbers, not one asked who I was.
Old Yesterday | 04:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E400 Sedan
what do they say?
Garbage IN = Garbage OUT

All they do is scour internet and have dealers, mechanics, tire shops etc upload info based on VIN carfax puts on a nice pretty web page for you.

Not hard to get typos on VIN is my guess
Old Yesterday | 05:50 AM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
maybe try carvertical too
Old Yesterday | 11:22 AM

From: Bucks County PA not far from the Delaware River North & East of Philly by an hour.
‘68 Pontiac convertible, ‘71 Corvette 4 spd, ‘20 Accord Touring, 06 Duramax crew-c
Originally Posted by BenzNinja
maybe try carvertical too
I have one of their reports, it’s the same report you get from Experian, Beenvarified and at at least a few more. The NMVTIS provides all the very same information at no charge. I think you must request any information from them now rather than the simple VIN box they had.