Silver color

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2021, 10:53 PM
Banned

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
2021 GLE 450
Silver color

Many webpages show the 2021 S-Class in articles and videos from around the world. In the United States a light silver is listed as Cirrus Silver and in other countries I see silver listed as High-tech Silver.

Is there any differences in the actual colors (or colours)?
Old 04-20-2021, 06:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
I think you got the difference, silver colour in Europe and silver color in the US. Cirrus Silver comes with the option code 922 in the US order guide while Hightech Silver in Europe also comes with the option code 922. The option code would have to be different if the colours were different.
Old 04-20-2021, 10:11 AM
Banned

2021 GLE 450
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
I think you got the difference, silver colour in Europe and silver color in the US. Cirrus Silver comes with the option code 922 in the US order guide while Hightech Silver in Europe also comes with the option code 922. The option code would have to be different if the colours were different.
Yes, 922 is the color I ordered. Thanks for confirming that High-tech Silver is the same code.

Most colors look great in the pictures of the new S-Class, but a few looked good on some build but not on another, like with the AMG trim or night package. To me the silver looks good on all build options.
Old 05-31-2021, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,585 Likes on 2,049 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
Originally Posted by Vegas Benz
Yes, 922 is the color I ordered. Thanks for confirming that High-tech Silver is the same code.

Most colors look great in the pictures of the new S-Class, but a few looked good on some build but not on another, like with the AMG trim or night package. To me the silver looks good on all build options.
What interior did you choose?
Old 05-31-2021, 05:27 PM
Banned

2021 GLE 450
Originally Posted by Streamliner
What interior did you choose?
Macchiato Beige/Magma Grey Exclusive Nappa leather (paint Cirrus Silver)

It's interesting that in the USA it's a $5,400 upgrade (on the S500, less on the S580) but you have to get the Exclusive (not to be confused with Executive) package along with it. Dealer build sheets posted confirm this and the Exclusive package is billed as zero.

On the Canadian Mercedes Benz site, there is no charge for the Exclusive Napa Leather, but you have to add on two options that equal $12,700, not to mention that the Digital Headlights are a $2,300 option. I have my dealer screen grab of my NetStar build. I don't see any option for Digital Headlights on it or in the 2022 S-Class order guide that Eaton posted. Perhaps they are standard in the USA? Like I said in another post, after "building" a car as close to what I ordered, and after the currency conversion, it was very close to what I see on USA dealers posted build sheets.

The reason I ordered the expensive leather is because I have a 2021 GLE450 with the standard leather (same color) and although the seats are high quality, they are NOT soft at all. I am hoping the upgrade is worth it.

I ordered my car a month and a half ago. I think it is time to ask the dealer if there has been any updates. Hopefully there are including pricing. Also, Eaton's order guide has a date 3-30-2021 and it states "Launch Date: Second Half of 2021".

Thanks to everyone for sharing your information.

Old 05-31-2021, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,585 Likes on 2,049 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
Originally Posted by Vegas Benz
Macchiato Beige/Magma Grey Exclusive Nappa leather (paint Cirrus Silver)

It's interesting that in the USA it's a $5,400 upgrade (on the S500, less on the S580) but you have to get the Exclusive (not to be confused with Executive) package along with it. Dealer build sheets posted confirm this and the Exclusive package is billed as zero.

On the Canadian Mercedes Benz site, there is no charge for the Exclusive Napa Leather, but you have to add on two options that equal $12,700, not to mention that the Digital Headlights are a $2,300 option. I have my dealer screen grab of my NetStar build. I don't see any option for Digital Headlights on it or in the 2022 S-Class order guide that Eaton posted. Perhaps they are standard in the USA? Like I said in another post, after "building" a car as close to what I ordered, and after the currency conversion, it was very close to what I see on USA dealers posted build sheets.

The reason I ordered the expensive leather is because I have a 2021 GLE450 with the standard leather (same color) and although the seats are high quality, they are NOT soft at all. I am hoping the upgrade is worth it.

I ordered my car a month and a half ago. I think it is time to ask the dealer if there has been any updates. Hopefully there are including pricing. Also, Eaton's order guide has a date 3-30-2021 and it states "Launch Date: Second Half of 2021".

Thanks to everyone for sharing your information.
You and I have car things in common.

I will be placing my order for a Cirrus Silver, 2022 S580, Luxury Line model, probably tomorrow. They can’t (or won’t) fix the rough downshifting in my 2020 S560, so they are going to buy the car back, but that a story for another thread.

I love the interior you chose and feel it is the best looking of all the colors, but I’m a “glass half empty” kind of guy and it is just SO light colored and with those ultra light carpets, I just don’t want to be constantly noticing imperfections. In addition, I wear blue jeans most of the time, as does my wife and I’ve had enough color transfer headaches with the Designo beige interior in her E450 Wagon in the photo below. My SL450 also has the light interior, but I don’t drive that car much and I go to great effort to keep it pristine. So, I’m thinking either the Exclusive Sienna Brown/Black or the Exclusive Silver Grey/Black.

I also have a 2021 GLE450 on order, Polar White with Black Exclusive interior, but I don’t know if I will end up taking delivery or not. I drove a 2021 GLE350 loaner a few weeks ago, with the Premium Pkg. and was absolutely shocked at poor sound quality that came out of the audio system. After putting up with the absolutely horrible HK system in my 2019 SL, I refuse to let them do it to me again. My sales guy said they will fix that before my GLE is built, but I don’t believe a word of it. In this day and age, how a company like MB can screw up something as simple as an audio system is just beyond me. Bottom line Toyota’s have better sounding audio systems than the piece of junk in my SL.

Anyway, back to the S580, I’m going for every option available on the Luxury Line model. Sure hope they have the EABC and the Technology Pkg. ready by the time my car is built.

Old 05-31-2021, 08:02 PM
Banned

2021 GLE 450
Originally Posted by Streamliner
You and I have car things in common.

I will be placing my order for a Cirrus Silver, 2022 S580, Luxury Line model, probably tomorrow. They can’t (or won’t) fix the rough downshifting in my 2020 S560, so they are going to buy the car back, but that a story for another thread.

I love the interior you chose and feel it is the best looking of all the colors, but I’m a “glass half empty” kind of guy and it is just SO light colored and with those ultra light carpets, I just don’t want to be constantly noticing imperfections. In addition, I wear blue jeans most of the time, as does my wife and I’ve had enough color transfer headaches with the Designo beige interior in her E450 Wagon in the photo below. My SL450 also has the light interior, but I don’t drive that car much and I go to great effort to keep it pristine. So, I’m thinking either the Exclusive Sienna Brown/Black or the Exclusive Silver Grey/Black.

I also have a 2021 GLE450 on order, Polar White with Black Exclusive interior, but I don’t know if I will end up taking delivery or not. I drove a 2021 GLE350 loaner a few weeks ago, with the Premium Pkg. and was absolutely shocked at poor sound quality that came out of the audio system. After putting up with the absolutely horrible HK system in my 2019 SL, I refuse to let them do it to me again. My sales guy said they will fix that before my GLE is built, but I don’t believe a word of it. In this day and age, how a company like MB can screw up something as simple as an audio system is just beyond me. Bottom line Toyota’s have better sounding audio systems than the piece of junk in my SL.

Anyway, back to the S580, I’m going for every option available on the Luxury Line model. Sure hope they have the EABC and the Technology Pkg. ready by the time my car is built.
I'm not a "car" guy, but I have this opportunity to treat myself. I've already stated on some other threads and personal messages about the poor audio sound in the 2021 GLE. I already resolved myself that an after market upgrade will be necessary for me (I already have a plan). My dealer kind of scruffs off the question about EABC stating even IF it is available it will be very expensive. Everything is relative, but I think the S-Class without EABC will still drive fairly smoothly. I like luxury over sport, so I don't really care about the AMG style upgrade, but the Luxury line does not allow for the Rear Wheel Steering Assist and I think I would want that for this size car. The price difference between the 500 and the 580 is little (especially when you factor in the Exclusive Leather is prices about 1/2 on the 580), but so far there has not been any USA MPG estimates. If it is close I would have ordered the S580, but I have no comparisons.

As far as you interior choice, I hope you get what you want and make it work. You have many options like change color, don't wear jeans, or use detailing applications to protect your leather. I have a lot of time on my hands while waiting for my new car and have been watching a lot of youtube videos on how to wash and detail your car. I built the rig in this video,
(I found a seller that sells the tank for $100 less), and washed my GLE like he did. I then blew off as much water as possible with my cordless lawn blower (no towels). I would give it 8.5/10. I then used some Adams Graphine/Ceramic spray and the paint looked MANY times better. I thought that was the end of the story, but the next time I washed my GLE the same way, with the Graphene spray already on, it blew dry about 75% faster and looked awesome. I would say with the rig and spray I would give it 9.9/10.

I have been learning a lot from these forums and then searching youtube. I am looking into Nano Ceramic Tint, and will also look into interior detailing too. I can't help but think someone addressed leather seats and blue jean transfer.

So far there is little on the new S-Class that I do not like and am looking forward to it arriving as scheduled (to be built July3D). All we can do is wait.

As far as the GLE you have on order, I was not able to tell which versions have the body color trim around the wheel wells and which were black. I *thought* the 21's got the painted trim but I was wrong. Maybe it's on the AMG's? Anyway I would prefer the painted trim. I seen forum members post their all white GLE pictures and they look much better (GREAT) with the matching trim. I'm glad for the forums. I wish I knew all of this sooner.

Last edited by Vegas Benz; 05-31-2021 at 08:11 PM.