S-Class (W223) 2021 to Present

My new S580

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2021, 05:22 PM

Received 48 Likes on 18 Posts
S580
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom
Is Nano-ceramic better or is it the same thing (marketing)?
Nano is just the brand of the polish / ceramic coat.
Old 08-16-2021, 05:28 PM

Received 173 Likes on 114 Posts
2021 S500 (Mojave Silver), MB S400 (wife), BMW 750Li (passed on to kids)
Originally Posted by Martsman
Nano is just the brand of the polish / ceramic coat.
Are you sure? Because I see many brands state “nano.”
Old 08-16-2021, 05:53 PM

S580
Are you sure? Because I see many brands state “nano.”
I’m not 100% sure. Maybe someone else will chime in with more knowledge. I’ll ask the dealership what kind of ceramic coat they are applying and will get back to you. I do know it comes with a 5 year warranty. I prefer the dealership do the work as opposed to a small shop I don’t know.
Old 08-18-2021, 04:40 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Mercedes S550
Thumbs up

We are looking forward to more photos in the future. Was your car in dealer inventory?
I hope that you enjoy your new car in good health!
The following users liked this post:
Martsman (08-18-2021)
Old 08-18-2021, 06:45 PM

S580
Originally Posted by Ormond2004
We are looking forward to more photos in the future. Was your car in dealer inventory?
I hope that you enjoy your new car in good health!
Thank you very much. My car is at the dealership right now getting ceramic coated and the windows tinted. I pick it up Friday and will take more pictures to post.

I originally started working with Mercedes Benz of Coconut Creek in May and built a car to be ordered. I kept calling the sales person to confirm order was in and was told it was and the car was scheduled to be built July for August / Sept delivery. I kept calling for updates and was always suppose to hear back from the manager. I eventually went back to dealer end of July and was told by another salesperson that my order was not in. Come to find out they never ordered the car because they couldn’t order some of the options I picked. They then offered to sell me one from inventory at 10k premium or I can order one for MSRP. I told them to go suck an egg and told them I would never work with them again.

I called MB of North Palm Beach and they searched for a car that fit my criteria. I was only interested in white, silver or selenite grey with black interior, amg line and the 20” wheels. They located one for me at the VPC that was silver and black but it was missing the massage seats and active ambient lighting. I went for it and was waiting for the car to come in and I randomly checked their inventory and noticed a new white s580 arrived and it seemed to hit all the marks except it had grey interior, which I never considered or new existed. I saw the price was higher than the others I was looking at so I asked my salesman to send me the window sticker. He sent it over and it had all the options I was looking for including the standard massage seats and active ambient lighting. I told him I wanted that one and he immediately grabbed both sets of keys and said it was mine. I bought it for MSRP which in today’s environment is fair.

Mercedes of North Palm Beach has a customer for life. Mercedes of Coconut creek, even though they are my hometown dealership, I will never buy or service with them.

Sorry for the long winded post

Last edited by Martsman; 08-18-2021 at 07:04 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Martsman:
ColeBlooded (08-18-2021), Ormond2004 (08-18-2021)
Old 08-18-2021, 07:10 PM
Banned

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
2021 GLE 450
Is Nano-ceramic better or is it the same thing (marketing)?
There are a lot of marketing terms for ceramic coatings, Ceramic, si02, Graphene, etc... it's all very confusing. besides that there are consumer formulas and pro formulas.

a few months ago I got my 2021 GLE and was not impressed, so I ordered a 2022 S-Class to replace it. meantime I put some Adams spray Graphene coating on (the GLE) and it made a HUGH difference in the gloss and water repellent properties. I chose Adams as they are a mainstream company with lots of products and have been around awhile. the spray version says it could provide about a year of protection. since the car was new, the only surface prep was to do a good washing.

that company also sells 2 other versions of the product. the spray has 7.5% of the active ingredient (lasts about a year), the next has 30% (lasts about 7 years), and their new one has 45% (lasts about 9 years), those are the company claims. apparently a very small bottle will do a full car or even a pickup truck. I like the idea of a mainstream brand so you can do touch-ups with the spray version that has the same chemistry. application is applying (wiping) some to a small area, letting it glaze about 2 minutes, and buff off. it is a consumer item, but if you make a mistake like create a high spot, the better the product, the harder it would be to remove it to correct. from what I understand, the pro versions use UV lights to cure the coating.

when I get my new car I will get the 45% version and have a detailer do some better prep and apply the coating. here is a comparison of the adams graphene products..

The following 3 users liked this post by Vegas Benz:
Jlrich (08-19-2021), Martsman (08-18-2021), Ormond2004 (08-18-2021)
Old 08-19-2021, 06:16 AM

Received 173 Likes on 114 Posts
2021 S500 (Mojave Silver), MB S400 (wife), BMW 750Li (passed on to kids)
Originally Posted by Vegas Benz
There are a lot of marketing terms for ceramic coatings, Ceramic, si02, Graphene, etc... it's all very confusing. besides that there are consumer formulas and pro formulas.

a few months ago I got my 2021 GLE and was not impressed, so I ordered a 2022 S-Class to replace it. meantime I put some Adams spray Graphene coating on (the GLE) and it made a HUGH difference in the gloss and water repellent properties. I chose Adams as they are a mainstream company with lots of products and have been around awhile. the spray version says it could provide about a year of protection. since the car was new, the only surface prep was to do a good washing.

that company also sells 2 other versions of the product. the spray has 7.5% of the active ingredient (lasts about a year), the next has 30% (lasts about 7 years), and their new one has 45% (lasts about 9 years), those are the company claims. apparently a very small bottle will do a full car or even a pickup truck. I like the idea of a mainstream brand so you can do touch-ups with the spray version that has the same chemistry. application is applying (wiping) some to a small area, letting it glaze about 2 minutes, and buff off. it is a consumer item, but if you make a mistake like create a high spot, the better the product, the harder it would be to remove it to correct. from what I understand, the pro versions use UV lights to cure the coating.

when I get my new car I will get the 45% version and have a detailer do some better prep and apply the coating. here is a comparison of the adams graphene products..
Many thanks for your detailed and useful input.
The following users liked this post:
Ormond2004 (08-19-2021)