S-Class (W223) 2021 to Present

Secret Hidden Dealer Menu

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 11:18 AM

Received 177 Likes on 115 Posts
2021 S500 (Mojave Silver), MB S400 (wife), BMW 750Li (passed on to kids)
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
I see so at least the car recognizes via the GPS that it is safe to enable the feature so at least it is something that can be changed via an OTA update once the law revises.
But you have to have the Digital Lights in the first place.
Old 09-07-2021, 12:31 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,825 Likes on 2,406 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom
But you have to have the Digital Lights in the first place.
I see, oh well but since it is an option and the standard light in the USA seems to still have the LED with the same design, same amount of light modules, I am guessing the intelligent stuff (following curves is still available and the turning off individual LEDs is still possible just disabled by software, even though it can't project the way digital light does.)
Old 09-07-2021, 12:52 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
2021 S400d / 2018 Porsche Cayenne e-hybrid
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
I see, oh well but since it is an option and the standard light in the USA seems to still have the LED with the same design, same amount of light modules, I am guessing the intelligent stuff (following curves is still available and the turning off individual LEDs is still possible just disabled by software, even though it can't project the way digital light does.)
From what I know and also found online these are the differences:
multi beam lights have around 84 pixels which can individually turn on and off to blank parts of the road or incoming traffic
digital light - (different technology from multi beam) with 1.3 million pixels (micro mirrors) in each headlight for blanking and also projecting on the road. The projection part is done by the third light inside the headlight - the one closest to the middle Of the car
The following users liked this post:
Sonic Boom (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 12:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,825 Likes on 2,406 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Andi C
From what I know and also found online these are the differences:
multi beam lights have around 84 pixels which can individually turn on and off to blank parts of the road or incoming traffic
digital light - (different technology from multi beam) with 1.3 million pixels (micro mirrors) in each headlight for blanking and also projecting on the road. The projection part is done by the third light inside the headlight - the one closest to the middle Of the car
I see, thanks for sharing your findings.
Old 09-07-2021, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S580
As far as i know… the projection function currently works just in a couple of countries (Germany, Bahrain) that have already changed the laws and regulations to include these new features. I have digital light on my car because the option can be selected on any car ordered in Europe but…… for the moment (until Romania also changes the law) the only difference from Adaptive headlights (that block parts of the light beam in different circumstances) is the nice start-up sequence with the raining lights.
When I travel to Germany the car recognizes that the border was crossed and switches on the projection function but in most parts of Europe there is still no projection and no definite date when it will be available.
What do you think about this feature? Is it useful? Works perfect or like “Hey Mercedes”?
Old 09-07-2021, 04:34 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
2021 S400d / 2018 Porsche Cayenne e-hybrid
Originally Posted by demeterum
What do you think about this feature? Is it useful? Works perfect or like “Hey Mercedes”?
For now it’s just a gimmick. I mean I can see the valid use in multi beam where the car really helps
visibility for the driver as well as the other ppl in traffic by choosing where there should be light and where not. But as far as digital light….. for now…… just to project a triangle on the road if you miss a stop sign or pedestrian crossing …..I think it is an early stage of evolution of what it can really achieve. Technologically I think the headlights can do a lot more ( I think I read somewhere that both headlights combined should Be able to project a movie in black and white on a wall) but for now we only see the beginning. I think it is an option to be selected not for what it does now but for what it should potentially achieve in a couple of years if a lot of factors are met (legislation, consumer approval, level 3-4 self driving, etc)
Old 09-07-2021, 05:04 PM

Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts
S580
On my 2021 GLE450, when you start the car, the stereo always starts at a moderate (medium low) volume regardless of how loud it was when you last shut down the car. On my 2021 S-Class it is also the base Burmester system, but when I return to the car, it resumes at the last volume, so if you had it loud, you might be blasted out when you start the car.

Is there a "secret setting" to have the S580 start the audio at a set level like the GLE did? I was able to access the Secret Menu, and there were plenty of audio settings, but the descriptions are cryptic, so if anyone knows, can you provide some guidance?

Thanks!
Old 09-09-2021, 08:31 PM
Banned

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
2021 GLE 450
Originally Posted by Old Rocker
On my 2021 GLE450, when you start the car, the stereo always starts at a moderate (medium low) volume regardless of how loud it was when you last shut down the car. On my 2021 S-Class it is also the base Burmester system, but when I return to the car, it resumes at the last volume, so if you had it loud, you might be blasted out when you start the car.

Is there a "secret setting" to have the S580 start the audio at a set level like the GLE did? I was able to access the Secret Menu, and there were plenty of audio settings, but the descriptions are cryptic, so if anyone knows, can you provide some guidance?

Thanks!
I would be interested in that too. I hope someone finds a solution.
Old 09-10-2021, 08:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 S63
Is there a way to enable it ?
Old 09-10-2021, 08:35 PM

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
2021 S580, 2019 Cadillac XTS
I don't know about that but since I have my profile/biometrics setup I always get a lower volume when starting the car. Once I swipe my fingerprint it increases back to normal level
Old 09-10-2021, 11:23 PM

Received 225 Likes on 134 Posts
S580
Originally Posted by gravytrain007
I don't know about that but since I have my profile/biometrics setup I always get a lower volume when starting the car. Once I swipe my fingerprint it increases back to normal level
Similar to mine but more of the equalizer settings are different. Maybe the EQ settings are tied into the User Account.
Old 01-14-2022, 12:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mercedes classe B180 W247 autom.
MBUX dealer

Originally Posted by xasfx
Guys has anyone managed to access the Secret Hidden Dealer Menu in the new 2nd gen mbux.

there are many videos on youtube on the method of the 1st gen mbux. but non on the 2nd gen.

I believe some features in my vehicle are locked due to region based issues that I would like to somehow enable such as full digital light functions, traffic sign recognition, fingerprint profile activation, Mercedes me etc,,,

Please share if someone knows the methed.

Many thanks,,
yes, there are many videos but none are in-depth they show you how to enter the secret menu but then no one explains how to activate or deactivate accessories.
unfortunately I entered the navigation menu and I must have canceled the navigation !!
on navigation status do not type anything because the maps are canceled.
I think I'll have to go to the dealership to reactivate it
Old 01-14-2022, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by paofil
yes, there are many videos but none are in-depth they show you how to enter the secret menu but then no one explains how to activate or deactivate accessories.
unfortunately I entered the navigation menu and I must have canceled the navigation !!
on navigation status do not type anything because the maps are canceled.
I think I'll have to go to the dealership to reactivate it
As mention above in this thread, you can access and “read only.” You can’t adjust any settings (or at least the important ones).
Basically a diagnostic tool.
Old 03-23-2022, 05:55 AM

On Hidden Dealer Menu there is “Damping” regarding volume. Anyone know what the sound sliders do?

Old 10-19-2022, 04:30 AM

how to enter the MBUX secret menu

Guys has anyone managed to access the Secret Hidden Dealer Menu in the new 2nd gen mbux.

there are many videos on youtube on the method of the 1st gen mbux. but non on the 2nd gen.

I believe some features in my vehicle are locked due to region based issues that I would like to somehow enable such as full digital light functions, traffic sign recognition, fingerprint profile activation, Mercedes me etc,,,

Many thanks,,
to access the hidden menu you have to go to settings, quick access and swipe left 6 times on the track pad
Old 10-19-2022, 04:31 AM

to access the hidden menu you have to go to settings, quick access and swipe left 6 times on the track pad
xasfx (10-19-2022)
Old 10-19-2022, 03:45 PM

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts
'23 S580 Manufaktur and '21 GLE 53 Coupe (Past MBZ: 2020 GT63, S65, S63, E55, CL65, S550, C32)
As far as i know… the projection function currently works just in a couple of countries (Germany, Bahrain) that have already changed the laws and regulations to include these new features. I have digital light on my car because the option can be selected on any car ordered in Europe but…… for the moment (until Romania also changes the law) the only difference from Adaptive headlights (that block parts of the light beam in different circumstances) is the nice start-up sequence with the raining lights.
When I travel to Germany the car recognizes that the border was crossed and switches on the projection function but in most parts of Europe there is still no projection and no definite date when it will be available.
I read this post and thought “Wow, I have taken for granted how far technology has come.” So you are driving one of the most advanced vehicles in history that received a set of coordinate from a spinning mirror hurling through SPACE. In a millisecond your car knew exactly where it was located on earth. Using this location the car determined that it could turn on one of the most advanced lighting systems ever in a vehicle. Is anyone else amazed how far we have come?
crabman (10-19-2022)
Old 10-19-2022, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,181 Likes on 733 Posts
23 S580 Executive
It is amazing, no question.
Old 10-29-2022, 03:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2023 MB A220
Yes, I too was hoping to activate some of the additional features of Digital Light such as the markings for narrow passageway, etc.
I’d give good money to find out how!
I have a 2022 MB A 220..... ANYTHING is possible sugar in Dealer Mode through the secret menu. It takes a while to figure it all out, but worth it! Drive assist, lane assist, voice guidance, park assist, break assist, tfront ray cell phone charging, DOUBLE THE STEREO VOLUME and all acoustic levels, all NAV options w/o having to go through MercedesMe Connect, Voice command recognition is on poinr!!!! ILike its trained to only my voice! Put in dealer mode then actually drive that way, you get every single feature they offer for the stated country. Youre in the US? But can do Canda in 5 min. Then ask assistant to open the sunroof, to sync ambient lighting to song. For mine the headlight controls iare dealer mode - enhancement-acoustics - vehicle functions. The secret menu via TouchPad mouse - Settings - Quick Access - Then using ONE FINGER ON CENTER OF TOUCHPAD MOVING QUICKLY TO THE LEFT 7 TIMES. It's tricky for me, but I got used to it. You just put your finger down in the center on the TouchPad and quickly move it to the left seven times. I thought you could do either left or right, BUT NO!- Left i7times s dealer mode, and center to right side quickly 7 times is secret menu amd software. From either menu you go to, they all have amazing options. I can make my passenger seat utilize one language for any guest (my best friends mom is Spanish speaking) while driver seat utilizes English for me. Yeah, crazy stuff! I was sketchy at first to mess around with things, but took that change and its pretty harmless so far. I have stayed away from the "Engineering Reser mode because - well, I need my car usually! Lol.... I've even figured out how to reset more than the cheaper 18 or so codes and can now do about 36 on the OBD menu (yes - a menu on the touchpad. Not a device)) Man, idk how I figured this stuff out, It started with me on a mission to get my music volume louder! I was literally ready to trade my brand new car in just because the stereo volume was horrible! When I figured out there was about 30 audio options to adjust higher, done! Hopefully this helps someone! I can say that USA as your set country makes options not as fun. Canada is great! Close by... I ❤️ my car now, amd hated my last one (2019 A220) that happened to have over 11 SAFETY RECALLS! OHHH and if you have in car wifi that WAS thru AT&T, but it just stopped and hasn't told you who the new carrier is with, OTS T-MOBILE. And no, you can't do anything about switching when your plan ends... You just have to wait for an over the air update ON ITS OWN in order to even start the new wifi carrier in your car. Not even the dealership could update it. My AT&T ended in Dec of 2021 and it still wasn't updated when I parked it and got my new one in May this year.... But my new one was already equipped with the T-Mobile carrier! Praise JESUS! LOL...

Old 10-29-2022, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Mrs.B_MD
I have a 2022 MB A 220..... ANYTHING is possible sugar in Dealer Mode through the secret menu. It takes a while to figure it all out, but worth it! Drive assist, lane assist, voice guidance, park assist, break assist, tfront ray cell phone charging, DOUBLE THE STEREO VOLUME and all acoustic levels, all NAV options w/o having to go through MercedesMe Connect, Voice command recognition is on poinr!!!! ILike its trained to only my voice! Put in dealer mode then actually drive that way, you get every single feature they offer for the stated country. Youre in the US? But can do Canda in 5 min. Then ask assistant to open the sunroof, to sync ambient lighting to song. For mine the headlight controls iare dealer mode - enhancement-acoustics - vehicle functions. The secret menu via TouchPad mouse - Settings - Quick Access - Then using ONE FINGER ON CENTER OF TOUCHPAD MOVING QUICKLY TO THE LEFT 7 TIMES. It's tricky for me, but I got used to it. You just put your finger down in the center on the TouchPad and quickly move it to the left seven times. I thought you could do either left or right, BUT NO!- Left i7times s dealer mode, and center to right side quickly 7 times is secret menu amd software. From either menu you go to, they all have amazing options. I can make my passenger seat utilize one language for any guest (my best friends mom is Spanish speaking) while driver seat utilizes English for me. Yeah, crazy stuff! I was sketchy at first to mess around with things, but took that change and its pretty harmless so far. I have stayed away from the "Engineering Reser mode because - well, I need my car usually! Lol.... I've even figured out how to reset more than the cheaper 18 or so codes and can now do about 36 on the OBD menu (yes - a menu on the touchpad. Not a device)) Man, idk how I figured this stuff out, It started with me on a mission to get my music volume louder! I was literally ready to trade my brand new car in just because the stereo volume was horrible! When I figured out there was about 30 audio options to adjust higher, done! Hopefully this helps someone! I can say that USA as your set country makes options not as fun. Canada is great! Close by... I ❤️ my car now, amd hated my last one (2019 A220) that happened to have over 11 SAFETY RECALLS! OHHH and if you have in car wifi that WAS thru AT&T, but it just stopped and hasn't told you who the new carrier is with, OTS T-MOBILE. And no, you can't do anything about switching when your plan ends... You just have to wait for an over the air update ON ITS OWN in order to even start the new wifi carrier in your car. Not even the dealership could update it. My AT&T ended in Dec of 2021 and it still wasn't updated when I parked it and got my new one in May this year.... But my new one was already equipped with the T-Mobile carrier! Praise JESUS! LOL...

Wow! You think it also applies to W223?

How did you change to other country? Canada in your case.

Sounds too good to be true! But would be amazing if can switch to a country to unlock all Digital Light features! !
Old 10-29-2022, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,011 Likes on 592 Posts
N/A
Wow! You think it also applies to W223?

How did you change to other country? Canada in your case.

Sounds too good to be true! But would be amazing if can switch to a country to unlock all Digital Light features! !
He's exaggerating a bit. Dealer mode is pretty much useless and there's no real reason to go in there. Dealers themselves don't even use it.

Last edited by Eaton; 10-29-2022 at 12:30 PM.
Old 10-29-2022, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Eaton
He's exaggerating a bit. Dealer mode is pretty much useless and there's no real reason to go in there. Dealers themselves don't even user it.
Jeez! Anything he said NOT an exaggeration??!!
Old 10-29-2022, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,181 Likes on 733 Posts
23 S580 Executive
Alex Trebek: It's either completely worthless or better than the second coming.
Contestant: What is the hidden dealer menu.

Old 12-10-2022, 06:32 AM
TSA

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
S580 MAYBACH Z223

Many thanks,,
which country youre in? my car is from ukraine and the profile activation - fingerprint - digital light - traffic sign rec - traffic lights - and least , mercedes me. a friend told me that in the 2021 versions they come as locked from the factory because of a problem in the mbux system in the s classes and c class hybrids. ill get it updated and see whats going to happen.
Old 12-10-2022, 06:34 AM
TSA

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
S580 MAYBACH Z223
Originally Posted by Eaton
Found it:

finally i could brick my car

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Secret Hidden Dealer Menu