S-Class (W223) 2021 to Present

Additional Apps in MBUX

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2022 | 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by prishi@yahoo.co
I'm in the US and the car does not have what you are referring to as 'auto-start'. I see no option to turn it on. LOOP recording does not start the recording when I start my car.
You should contact your dealer. Anytime I get into the vehicle it starts recording. The little recording symbols appears on top. Next time I get in the car I'll take a pic for you of my settings. Autoloop will automatically start at ignition. It also every time I start the vehicle tells me that the camera recording is starting.
Old 06-23-2022 | 08:10 PM

My car has a Dashcam, has 13 cameras in it for ParkAssist, but the Dashcam does not start automatically! It is so stupid to have a Dashcam in the car and then have to go into the Mercedes Me App and ask to "Start Recording" every time you get into the car and Start Engine. So, MB expects the driver in the US, to go manually and start the Dashcam after the car is put in gear - the Dashcam does not start recording as long as the car remains in Neutral. Who thought of this stuff, I wonder!!! If this was an issue with different country or state laws, they could have allowed the Owner to simply select a configuration for auto-start of the recording, thus absolving the manufacturers from lawsuits! Pretty useless. I might as well buy a dashcam from Amazon and hang it on the windscreen!!!
Ive made a video for you of how it works in my car. Also see the below picture, once I clicked on this it always autostarted. You can see it clearly states when vehicle starts recording will start. Individual recording must be started each time, loop will start with ignition in Park and begin running. The video was too large to link to mbworld, click the link and you can download and watch

Last edited by DoctorDash; 06-24-2022 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Remove video
The following 4 users liked this post by DoctorDash:
prishi@yahoo.co (08-25-2022), rw594 (07-04-2022), Sonic Boom (06-24-2022), vladfein (06-23-2022)
Old 06-23-2022 | 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by vladfein
Are you sure?
I read that this auto-start is NOT available in US (for silly legal reasons), and I can't find any way to set it!
Please let us know if in fact you CAN set it up!
Thank you!
Go and look at my last post. I show where to click to enable autostart. Also I posted a link to the video I made so you can see how it starts with the vehicle. You can actually see it NOT started before carplay loads, then next it loads and tells you Dashcam Loop started
The following users liked this post:
vladfein (06-23-2022)
Old 06-23-2022 | 08:47 PM

2022 S580 Land Boat
Here’s the weird thing. When I go to Apps -> Dash Cam, I see a little Gear icon (settings) and I can enable automatic loop recording. My friend with a practically identical ‘22 S580 does NOT have the gear icon, so he has to enable the recording manually every time. So both sides of this argument are correct. Seems we have different versions of the software in the US. Some allow auto-recording like mine, and some do not, like my friend’s.

Today he also discovered that my car has the Active Ambient Lighting option and his does not, so he was super jelly of the extra LEDs 🤣
Old 06-23-2022 | 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by odesskiy
Here’s the weird thing. When I go to Apps -> Dash Cam, I see a little Gear icon (settings) and I can enable automatic loop recording. My friend with a practically identical ‘22 S580 does NOT have the gear icon, so he has to enable the recording manually every time. So both sides of this argument are correct. Seems we have different versions of the software in the US. Some allow auto-recording like mine, and some do not, like my friend’s.

Today he also discovered that my car has the Active Ambient Lighting option and his does not, so he was super jelly of the extra LEDs 🤣
I think Prishi probably is in that same boat, I think he also said he doesn't have Zero Layer. I wonder if the Zero Layer update maybe adds that functionality. Everyone was talking about getting the zero layer update, when my car was delivered it already had it so I didn't even harass those bozos at the dealership to update it. Hopefully I'll be able to drive the car soon, these dummies lost my plates/registration and nobody seems to know anything. This dealership should be compensating me for loss of use, I'm sure Mercedes Financial wants there payment regardless if I can drive the car or not. Weird time were in now boys
Old 06-23-2022 | 10:58 PM

EQS 4MATIC SUV
Originally Posted by DoctorDash
Go and look at my last post. I show where to click to enable autostart. Also I posted a link to the video I made so you can see how it starts with the vehicle. You can actually see it NOT started before carplay loads, then next it loads and tells you Dashcam Loop started
Well, I did. Convinced that you DO have that option
I'm thinking that it might be related to that zero layer MBUX update that I will try to get. Will post and update here.
Thank you!
Old 06-23-2022 | 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by vladfein
Well, I did. Convinced that you DO have that option
I'm thinking that it might be related to that zero layer MBUX update that I will try to get. Will post and update here.
Thank you!
It's quite possible. Considering where both in the US the dashcam should function exactly the same. I remember reading initially that I had to start it every time and was considering just putting a seperate unit into the vehicle. I would recommend using a 256Gb card minimum or 512 like I have. I think the 512 will go about a months worth of videos before starting to cycle over with normal driving pattern. That english dude who makes all the videos on YT breaks down how much each video uses and while it uses some space its not all that bad
Old 06-24-2022 | 01:44 PM

W213 E-350 4Matic, 2021
Originally Posted by DoctorDash
Ive made a video for you of how it works in my car. Also see the below picture, once I clicked on this it always autostarted. You can see it clearly states when vehicle starts recording will start. Individual recording must be started each time, loop will start with ignition in Park and begin running. The video was too large to link to mbworld, click the link and you can download and watch

USA DASHCAM CAR START
Thank you for the clear video! Says it all. I have to investigate further! Thanks for this.
Old 08-25-2022 | 11:33 AM

W213 E-350 4Matic, 2021
About these Apps!!!!

The Mercedes Me Connect App has a module for 'Engine'. This allows a user to Remote-Start the engine. However, I am really looking for a button where I could pull out my phone and key in a code or whatever, and KILL the engine. Is there any way my car's Engine can be requested to be KILLED immediately. I am imagining a situation where a carjacking takes place and the MB owner can use this connected app to kill the engine to bring the car to a stall and stop.

............ Maybe lock doors further, and ................ dial 911 and report position of car, and ................. electrocute the Driver's seat with a voltage that leaves marks on the butt, and ....................... deploy the Airbag into the nutjob's face!! Oh, whatever!!! Are you listening, Mercedes?!!?
Old 08-25-2022 | 02:32 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

2013 SL550, 2016 GLE350, 2016 GLC300
Exclamation

The Mercedes Me Connect App has a module for 'Engine'. This allows a user to Remote-Start the engine. However, I am really looking for a button where I could pull out my phone and key in a code or whatever, and KILL the engine. Is there any way my car's Engine can be requested to be KILLED immediately. I am imagining a situation where a carjacking takes place and the MB owner can use this connected app to kill the engine to bring the car to a stall and stop.

............ Maybe lock doors further, and ................ dial 911 and report position of car, and ................. electrocute the Driver's seat with a voltage that leaves marks on the butt, and ....................... deploy the Airbag into the nutjob's face!! Oh, whatever!!! Are you listening, Mercedes?!!?
Hi Prishi -
We make aftermarket remote starter coverages for MB vehicles, and this is already an existing option for a majority of vehicles we cover (when paired with Drone Mobile smartphone control).
To see our coverages, click HERE.
To verify whether or not this is an option for your vehicle, please contact us directly by phone or email!
Old 08-25-2022 | 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

23 S580 Executive
Your site does not list availability for this car...
Old 08-25-2022 | 05:06 PM

2021 S500 (Mojave Silver), MB S400 (wife), BMW 750Li (passed on to kids)
Not even close! Only up to 2017 for S class.
Old 08-25-2022 | 07:35 PM

S580 202
Thank you Doctor Dash! I had the Zero layer update installed last month and didn’t think to update the Dash Camera. I just now read your posts and have updated the camera to start recording when I turn the car on.

The car has so many features and these forums are great in learning how to use them.
Old 04-15-2024 | 07:06 AM

gla 2019
Hey everyone, jumping on the app bandwagon! Since the zero layer update, my MBUX feels a bit more like a smartphone, but with some limitations. Forget "secret websites to make money" filling up the app store - I'd love to see more practical apps like a weather radar overlay for the navigation or maybe a built-in Spotify client that doesn't require connecting my phone every time
Old 04-15-2024 | 09:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

23 S580 Executive
It has Spotify, Tidal, Amazon, and Crapple, built in. You could not use a free account with Tidal and Amazon, I didn't use Spotify but suspect it's the same with it.
Old 04-17-2024 | 12:44 PM

gla 2019
Hey everyone, jumping on the app bandwagon! Since the zero layer update, my MBUX feels a bit more like a smartphone, but with some limitations. Forget "secret websites to make money" filling up the app store - I'd love to see more practical apps like a weather radar overlay for the navigation or maybe a built-in Spotify client that doesn't require connecting my phone every time
What are your dream apps for MBUX? Think outside the box! Imagine a voice-activated yoga instructor or a heads-up augmented reality display for turn-by-turn directions. Let's get creative!
Old 04-17-2024 | 07:13 PM

AMG
Here are some I got, but there are more, including TV channels from Europe, and N. America.

Old 04-18-2024 | 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Rivian, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW, Tesla
Originally Posted by ralfisagreatguy
What are your dream apps for MBUX? Think outside the box! Imagine a voice-activated yoga instructor or a heads-up augmented reality display for turn-by-turn directions. Let's get creative!
How would one do yoga while driving?