S-Class (W223) 2021 to Present

Part numbers for Beige head pillows

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2022, 05:50 AM

Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts
Part numbers for Beige head pillows

Does anyone know what the part numbers are for replacement pillows in Beige? I wanted to order another set as a spare but the parts guy at my local dealer cannot find them
Old 06-26-2022, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,119 Likes on 707 Posts
23 S580 Executive
Already noticing some, ah, dinginess, or just preparing for the inevitable? I've never had much luck with light interiors so I avoided the Macchiato even though I liked it the best among the options. I think I'm trying to convince myself I made the right choice skipping it and this might be evidence supporting that decision. Or it might be a crazy maker while my car still has a few weeks before it locks...
Old 06-26-2022, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by crabman
Already noticing some, ah, dinginess, or just preparing for the inevitable? I've never had much luck with light interiors so I avoided the Macchiato even though I liked it the best among the options. I think I'm trying to convince myself I made the right choice skipping it and this might be evidence supporting that decision. Or it might be a crazy maker while my car still has a few weeks before it locks...
Preparing for the inevitable LOL. I'm a big fan of preventative maintenance lol. Honestly I dont see a way these pillows don't get all scuzzed up. I'm kind of mad 2023 will have the white/black interior, I just love that combo in the Maybach and looks like there offering it for the s580 for the 2023 year. I really liked the carmine red interior but my wife really dug this beige/macchiato as it almost looks whitish.
Old 06-26-2022, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

23 S580 Executive
I wasn't able to select one of those, I tried to get the blue. I'll keep trying until it locks but somewhere around here I've read it's going to be late availability. Going back to the pillows I'm thinking after a while even the black will get ugly. Hair oil, whatever it is Mrs Crab sprays on her hair, etc. I'm figuring the clock is ticking for all of us.
Old 06-26-2022, 10:46 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,438 Likes on 3,153 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by DoctorDash
Does anyone know what the part numbers are for replacement pillows in Beige? I wanted to order another set as a spare but the parts guy at my local dealer cannot find them
VIN?
Old 06-26-2022, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by konigstiger
VIN?
Here can use this one

W1K6G7GB7NA070348

Thanks
Old 06-26-2022, 11:10 AM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
Front left & right part # 22397065008U13, rear 22397022008U13.

Trending Topics

Old 06-26-2022, 11:12 AM

Front left & right part # 22397065008U13, rear 22397022008U13.

Thank you very much

Old 06-26-2022, 11:45 AM

Received 124 Likes on 84 Posts
S450 4Matic
Preparing for the inevitable LOL. I'm a big fan of preventative maintenance lol. Honestly I dont see a way these pillows don't get all scuzzed up. I'm kind of mad 2023 will have the white/black interior, I just love that combo in the Maybach and looks like there offering it for the s580 for the 2023 year. I really liked the carmine red interior but my wife really dug this beige/macchiato as it almost looks whitish.
The black/white of MY23 S580 isn't quite the same as MY22 Maybach's though.

See those photos below - you can see that the MY22 S680 Maybach has door bins and roof assembly in white too, while the MY23 S class has them in black.

These additional white panels make a huge difference to the overall feel and brightness of the cabin. In my opinion the MY23 black/white is just not worth having.

Old 06-26-2022, 11:49 AM

S450 4Matic
The black/white of MY23 S580 isn't quite the same as MY22 Maybach's though.

See those photos below - you can see that the MY22 S680 Maybach has door bins, seat backs and roof assembly in white too, while the MY23 S class has them in black.

These additional white panels make a huge difference to the overall feel and brightness of the cabin. In my opinion the MY23 black/white is just not worth having.

And the yellow mercedes logos on those suede headrests. Shudders. This is the kind of thing that will keep me up at night.

Last edited by rw594; 06-26-2022 at 11:51 AM.
Old 06-26-2022, 12:04 PM

I mean, yea its not as nice as the Maybach, they got to let you have some level of exclusivity for the price. I do however really like the white/black as opposed to the Macchiato/Grey that I have. Those yellow emblems though, is that a joke or something LOL? Whoever thought putting yellow emblems on those pillows should be fired immediately. I haven't had an S class in quite some time, and I must say I think its really quite a step up from my current BMW 750. Even the new 750 2023 I was debating on getting I think the Mercedes interior is just so much nicer. In the end believe it or not the MBUX UI is what was the tipping point for me for buying the car. I was so impressed with the tech and look/feel of there UI I think the new BMW one looks like a joke. Considering they were coming out with a brand new flagship vehicle and they could already see what MB had done they really could have done some super stuff and chose not to. The only thing that I LOVE on the new 7 is the automatic open/close doors which we cannot get on the 580. I think while maybe you could say there gimmicky, I could definitely see myself using them all the time LOL
Old 06-26-2022, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

23 S580 Executive
I don't think they're gimmicks at all; I'm 6' and it's quite a stretch to get the door when it's all the way open.
Old 06-26-2022, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by crabman
I don't think they're gimmicks at all; I'm 6' and it's quite a stretch to get the door when it's all the way open.
Well its nice to see someone agrees with me LOL. Im 5'7" so much shorter than you, for me they really come in handy LOL..
Old 06-28-2022, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,665 Likes on 2,099 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
The door opening detents on my S580 are weak and poorly placed. When the door is all the way open, I find it easiest to reach for the storage pocket to close the door and I’m 6’1”. I drove a 2022 740I the other day and they have those wonderful doors that stop & hold wherever one wants them. MB used to have this feature, but dropped it when the W222’s were refreshed, which I felt was a significant loss. If MB had spent a fraction of the funds wasted on developing the idiotic exterior door handles, on revolutionizing the door detents, now THAT would have been something. Unfortunately, the detents cannot be seen, so they get no attention. But flashy, look-at-me, Tesla-wannabe door handles get the green light. Don’t you just love it?
Mercedes-Benz: Das Beste Oder Nichts!
The following users liked this post:
JSL555 (06-29-2022)
Old 06-28-2022, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Streamliner
The door opening detents on my S580 are weak and poorly placed. When the door is all the way open, I find it easiest to reach for the storage pocket to close the door and I’m 6’1”. I drove a 2022 740I the other day and they have those wonderful doors that stop & hold wherever one wants them. MB used to have this feature, but dropped it when the W222’s were refreshed, which I felt was a significant loss. If MB had spent a fraction of the funds wasted on developing the idiotic exterior door handles, on revolutionizing the door detents, now THAT would have been something. Unfortunately, the detents cannot be seen, so they get no attention. But flashy, look-at-me, Tesla-wannabe door handles get the green light. Don’t you just love it?
Mercedes-Benz: Das Beste Oder Nichts!
My 750 wherever I stop the door it stays. I havent really gotten to drive my 580 more then a joyride here or there but next time Im in it I will check on what your talking about. It's really strange for such an expensive car that you know they spent TONS of money on development its like they went backwards on alot of little things. Whats even crazier is all the things were all missing are previously implemented options lol
Old 06-28-2022, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

23 S580 Executive
Yeah, I had the hold doors on my Panamera; a greatly underappreciated feature. This was one of the things Mrs Crab complained about when test driving this car. She found the doors very heavy, she cant reach the door unless she stops halfway in to partly close the door before she gets the rest of the way in, and she hates that it doesn't stop where she leaves it.
Old 06-28-2022, 11:27 AM

S450 4Matic
Man, I can't remember how many times I've been hit in the back by the door swinging back at me when I quickly reach for something inside the cabin

Either I get hurt, or the door lands on my sole, leaving an unsightly black smudge on my pretty beige door panels. Uhhh.
Old 06-28-2022, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
Regarding the headrest pillows—and I do hate to always be negative about my new car—but whoever thought these chintzy pillows would be luxurious, needs to have their brain reprogrammed. The headrests on the W222’s—at least on the Exclusive Nappa equipped cars—were absolutely WONDERFUL! They were soft, comfortable, Nappa Leather and I often leaned my head back and enjoyed the luxurious, comfortable feeling of them. If one felt they might be soiled, you just wiped them off. These new pillows are horribly porous and attract natural hair & body oils like a frigging sponge. If they get soiled, have fun trying to clean them. In addition, I find them more annoying than comfortable. Honestly, I might of expected something like these pillows from Nissan or Kia. From MB, they are a very bad joke and the joke is on US!
Old 06-28-2022, 11:43 AM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
Reminds me of a line from Marty Piletti’s mom talking to her sister Caterina “where you go rain go someday you’re gonna smile where gonna have a big holiday”.

Old 06-28-2022, 11:46 AM

S450 4Matic
Regarding the headrest pillows—and I do hate to always be negative about my new car—but whoever thought these chintzy pillows would be luxurious, needs to have their brain reprogrammed. The headrests on the W222’s—at least on the Exclusive Nappa equipped cars—were absolutely WONDERFUL! They were soft, comfortable, Nappa Leather and I often leaned my head back and enjoyed the luxurious, comfortable feeling of them. If one felt they might be soiled, you just wiped them off. These new pillows are horribly porous and attract natural hair & body oils like a frigging sponge. If they get soiled, have fun trying to clean them. In addition, I find them more annoying than comfortable. Honestly, I might of expected something like these pillows from Nissan or Kia. From MB, they are a very bad joke and the joke is on US!
You are not alone on this, I too find the pillows a bit too slim and not supportive enough for my neck on long journeys. I think I'll buy some cotton ***** off aliexpress and try to stuff them up a bit myself.

I do quite like the touch of the suede surface against my neck though. Higher maitenance sure, but the occasional wash and dry should keep them in serviceable shape. Hopefully.
Old 06-28-2022, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Reminds me of a line from Marty Piletti’s mom talking to her sister Caterina “where you go rain go someday you’re gonna smile where gonna have a big holiday”.

I know I’m always ragging on my new car, but it’s not because I enjoy it. If one were to go back and read my reviews of my three W222’s, my SL450 or my wife’s E450 Wagon, they were probably 98% positive and GLOWING. I love saying complimentary things about vehicles I have chosen to buy, as most others do. The problem with this new S580, is that there are so few things that are great and so many that are bad, at least in my opinion.

Best thing about the car: The quietness of the passenger cabin. It is light years better than the W222’s. Second might be the exterior styling, which has really grown on me. I think the car is simply gorgeous. Love the 4D Audio, Active Ambient Lighting and the interior is beautiful as well. Not much else to jump for joy over and the negatives are really spoiling the good parts for me. I still hate the center screen, haptic controls, lack of storage space, uncomfortable seats, door handles, black plastic steering wheel, ride quality, etc.
Old 06-28-2022, 02:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
Relax I’m right there with you IMHO MB has diminished they shifted focus, at least MBUSA, to leases rather than ownership I believed this since 2003. No need for exceptional quality with a lease base consistent 36 month turnover.
Old 06-28-2022, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Relax I’m right there with you IMHO MB has diminished they shifted focus, at least MBUSA, to leases rather than ownership I believed this since 2003. No need for exceptional quality with a lease base consistent 36 month turnover.
No, not at all. YOU ARE “THE” MAN and I am one of your most thankful supporters. The service you so generously provide is invaluable.

You are right about the leases, but MB has really pissed me off with no longer allowing assumptions. In 2014, I traded my 2013 S550 in on a new ML350BT that I ordered. After about a year, I found that I missed my big sedan too much, so right here on MBWorld, I found a fellow who assumed the lease and I ordered a new S550. I believe he still has the ML and is very happy with it. I went on to lease SIX new MB’s after that. Now, however, when I would really prefer to find another well qualified person to take over the lease on this new S580, they won’t allow it. I know they have their reasons, but they have really turned off this long time, very loyal customer. I will be thinking about them when I drive a new Genesis off the lot.
The following users liked this post:
drose224 (06-28-2022)
Old 06-29-2022, 12:00 PM

Thats why I was asking for the part numbers. I havent even gotten to drive the car yet but already ordered another set for the front and rear getting ready for when I need to try and wash the first set. Even if you look at alcantara when they use it on seats, etc it really gets all scuzzy after a while and thats on clothes. I cannot even imagine after a few months between the products our wives/girlfriends use, after I get a fade and my hair is short and all little hairs that I havent washed off yet. The oils, etc Just sounds like a real poor idea. They should have used leather pillows, if they wanted to go with pillows at least we could have just wiped them down 123. These things are gonna be a nightmare
Old 06-29-2022, 12:16 PM

S450 4Matic
Honestly I'm not that worried I regularly take my car to a local detailer for routine deep clean and touch ups (unavoidable because of the all beige interior, including flooring and mats), and they have a lot of experience dealing with expensive sports cars, which typically have alcantara upholstery. I imagine they should have no problem taking care of those pillows for me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Part numbers for Beige head pillows