S-Class (W223) 2021 to Present

A plug for my dealer and MB Canada

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2023, 07:23 PM

Received 108 Likes on 66 Posts
2022 s 500 swb
A plug for my dealer and MB Canada

As most of you know I have the S500/SWB. When I went to my local tire guy to get my
winter tires installed he told me that my Pirellis that were removed were not run flats. The specs on my car showed run flats.
what I had were Pirellis MOS and I should have had MOES. The E stands for extended meaning run flats. The S means silent (foam filled) MO means Mercedes Original. I had about 9000kms on the car. I told my dealer and the dealer said they would replace them with what I was supposed to get even if MB Canada wouldn’t. Today my dealer confirmed that MBCanada would replace then with the MOES free of charge and that they will have them for me within 2 weeks to be installed in the spring. My dealer is Oregans Mercedes in Halifax Nova Scotia and they treat me extremely well.

The following 3 users liked this post by martinlarose:
bishop64 (01-31-2023), crabman (01-31-2023), rnpalmer (02-01-2023)
Old 01-31-2023, 09:26 PM

Received 396 Likes on 265 Posts
2021 S450 4Matic
Originally Posted by martinlarose
As most of you know I have the S500/SWB. When I went to my local tire guy to get my
winter tires installed he told me that my Pirellis that were removed were not run flats. The specs on my car showed run flats.
what I had were Pirellis MOS and I should have had MOES. The E stands for extended meaning run flats. The S means silent (foam filled) MO means Mercedes Original. I had about 9000kms on the car. I told my dealer and the dealer said they would replace them with what I was supposed to get even if MB Canada wouldn’t. Today my dealer confirmed that MBCanada would replace then with the MOES free of charge and that they will have them for me within 2 weeks to be installed in the spring. My dealer is Oregans Mercedes in Halifax Nova Scotia and they treat me extremely well.
There are bad dealers and there are also good dealers. Dealers providing subpar service usually get picked to represent the whole lot, unfortunately.

Anyway, may I ask, what is your Pirelli tyre model?
Cinturato P7? What size, front and rear?
How to check and tell the difference between MOS and MOES, short of removing the tyre for visual inspection?
Thanks.
Old 02-01-2023, 04:31 AM

2022 s 500 swb
Originally Posted by bishop64
There are bad dealers and there are also good dealers. Dealers providing subpar service usually get picked to represent the whole lot, unfortunately.

Anyway, may I ask, what is your Pirelli tyre model?
Cinturato P7? What size, front and rear?
How to check and tell the difference between MOS and MOES, short of removing the tyre for visual inspection?
Thanks.

Old 02-01-2023, 04:36 AM

2022 s 500 swb
hi Bishop
i just posted a pic of one of my tires I believe the front size is 255/40 R20 and the rear ones are 285/35 R20
The MOS and MOES woulb be shown on the sidewall as in the photo. The tires are at the dealers now but they were P Zeros
Old 02-01-2023, 05:31 AM

2022 s 500 swb
and they were summer ties besides when they were to be run flats...They were very quiet and foam filled but the car came with no spare and no tire fix kit. I believe MB just messed up when the car was built...Maybe a supply issue. As i have stated I did not discover this until my winter tires were put on some 7 months after I took possession of the car and 9000 kms later