Mercedes me connect: Battery Monitor- Charge Status Critical

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2023, 11:17 AM
TSA

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
S580 MAYBACH Z223
Originally Posted by kenromero
Interesting, my neighbor has a 2022 S580 and the car wash person left the key inside, supposedly unlocked, and she could not get it open even with her 2nd key. They called AAA to open it.
yeah the door handle gets disabled after a while. it locks itself while the key is inside.
Old 09-10-2023, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,665 Likes on 2,099 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
Originally Posted by TSA
yeah the door handle gets disabled after a while. it locks itself while the key is inside.
Who dreams these systems up? What are they smoking? A vehicle should NEVER lock if a key is anywhere inside the vehicle.
Old 09-16-2023, 08:41 PM

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts
S580 202
Thought I would give an update, Fletcher had the car for two days and the tech’s write up was “found code U116000 a bus keepawake unit was detected”. I’ve had the car for a week and no recurring problems. Previously it wouldn’t take the trickle charger, now it does. Hopefully all is resolved! I truly love this S.
The following users liked this post:
js_cls (09-17-2023)
Old 09-16-2023, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
Thought I would give an update, Fletcher had the car for two days and the tech’s write up was “found code U116000 a bus keepawake unit was detected”. I’ve had the car for a week and no recurring problems. Previously it wouldn’t take the trickle charger, now it does. Hopefully all is resolved! I truly love this S.
Very happy to hear that you love your S. That said, if the cars require being attached to a trickle charger all the time, it should say that, on one of those “WARNING” tags MB loves to put everywhere on brand new cars. The customer should be advised, up front, that operating this new car will require extraordinary procedures to guarantee that it operates properly. Simply treating it like the MB’s one may have owned since 1972 or earlier will not suffice. To own a new W223, we need to RElearn how to open doors and how to hook up a trickle charger. Mercedes-Benz: The BEST or Nothing!
Old 09-17-2023, 08:05 PM

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts
S580 202
Originally Posted by Streamliner
Very happy to hear that you love your S. That said, if the cars require being attached to a trickle charger all the time, it should say that, on one of those “WARNING” tags MB loves to put everywhere on brand new cars. The customer should be advised, up front, that operating this new car will require extraordinary procedures to guarantee that it operates properly. Simply treating it like the MB’s one may have owned since 1972 or earlier will not suffice. To own a new W223, we need to RElearn how to open doors and how to hook up a trickle charger. Mercedes-Benz: The BEST or Nothing!
Can’t argue with your comments, but….
My office is only 6.2 miles from my house and I don’t go in every day and I haven’t taken any long trips, therefore I can understand the drawdown. My Porsche Turbo was similar, I didn’t drive it much and the battery required replacement after about a year and Porsche would not warranty it. I had to use the trickle charger to maintain the battery on an 07 vehicle. I am using the trickle charger every 2 weeks for an overnight maintenance charge. I don’t consider that to be troubling.
Old 09-17-2023, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Can’t argue with your comments, but….
My office is only 6.2 miles from my house and I don’t go in every day and I haven’t taken any long trips, therefore I can understand the drawdown. My Porsche Turbo was similar, I didn’t drive it much and the battery required replacement after about a year and Porsche would not warranty it. I had to use the trickle charger to maintain the battery on an 07 vehicle. I am using the trickle charger every 2 weeks for an overnight maintenance charge. I don’t consider that to be troubling.
I had the same problem with my last 911, a 2009 and Porsche refused to warranty a battery. The 911 sat next to my 2004 SL500 and both were drive about as frequently, but the SL never died.

No, if folks have no issue with having to jump through hoops to drive a car, that’s their business. My office is 4 miles from my home and the short jaunts probably were responsible for my 2022 S580 stranding me in the middle of a very busy highway, which led to a 30 day stint in the dealer’s service department, which resulted in MBUSA buying the car back from me. Since I hated the car, I was thrilled with the outcome, but if MB would have at least warned me that this W223 model could not be treated the same as a W222 and be expected to operate properly, at least they would have given their customers a full deck to play with. I drove my previous four S Class sedans pretty much exactly the same and not one of them ever gave up the ghost. I’m back in a W222 now and loving every ride.