S-Class (W223) 2021 to Present

You can no longer code W223. From now.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2023, 05:51 AM
SPONSOR

Received 89 Likes on 37 Posts
AMG C63 2019 AMG C43 2024 RS7 2016
I can confirm coding is still available for these models, and warranty is not void. Its all a myth saying that chinese certificates can be traced and leaves a trace in your car. As long as you write back the original CVN (calibration verification number) everything will be fine
The following users liked this post:
S_W222 (09-19-2023)
Old 09-19-2023, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 689 Likes on 448 Posts
Current/Last 5-years:S560, X7, X5, Accord; Sold:S550, BMW X7; X5;BMW 530e;20'Lincoln Navigator;LS460
Originally Posted by rjautomotive
I can confirm coding is still available for these models, and warranty is not void. Its all a myth saying that chinese certificates can be traced and leaves a trace in your car. As long as you write back the original CVN (calibration verification number) everything will be fine
Exactly same feedback I heard from the company I trusted to code my Mbenz previously "no traces whatsoever" . Myth and speculations shared by those who are yet to find out how it can be done for MBUX. If one coder does not know how to not leave a trace, it doesn't mean others don't know how to NOT leave a trace too.
Old 09-19-2023, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,119 Likes on 707 Posts
23 S580 Executive
Total sleep lost = zero
Old 09-21-2023, 10:20 AM

Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts
997.2TTS
have u coded ILS+ for any w223 US owners? if so, mind PM'ing me those references?
Old 09-21-2023, 10:22 AM

Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by tonupbklyn
have u coded ILS+ for any w223 US owners? if so, mind PM'ing me those references?
Mine is coded and working, not through them though. Also in the US.. Process takes about 30 min
Old 09-21-2023, 10:23 AM

997.2TTS
Originally Posted by DoctorDash
Mine is coded and working, not through them though. Also in the US.. Process takes about 30 min
ya...looking for other provider options...don't want to air it out here (as per recent drama by others).
Old 09-21-2023, 10:25 AM

Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts
ya...looking for other provider options...don't want to air it out here (as per recent drama by others).
RJ is legit from all I've read. Same process as my guy, essentially that device is just a enet cable
S_W222 (09-21-2023)
Old 09-21-2023, 12:25 PM
TSA

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
S580 MAYBACH Z223
Originally Posted by BenzNinja
This is totally accurate and true and those asian licences are banned one by one, yes
I have been telling everyone long time ago about the dangers getting your W223 coded with non US licences, the traces it leaves and problems you will get.
It is totally irresponsible to do this
There is nothing to discuss. It's a fact
The prices of a US licences are to high right now, and security not met.

period
thank you!!

And also Mercedes is doing this just because of the Me Store.

they don’t want to get their services activated free by using diagnosis.
Old 09-21-2023, 02:10 PM

997.2TTS
This is totally accurate and true and those asian licences are banned one by one, yes
I have been telling everyone long time ago about the dangers getting your W223 coded with non US licences, the traces it leaves and problems you will get.
It is totally irresponsible to do this
There is nothing to discuss. It's a fact
The prices of a US licences are to high right now, and security not met.

period
@rjautomotive r u using US license for US cars/clients?
Old 09-21-2023, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,282 Likes on 2,040 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
My assumption is that in the longer term, many coding functions will be locked out to support the subscription services. Many have coded BMW 's for decades to enable more features but that is coming to an end as well...
Old 09-21-2023, 05:19 PM
SPONSOR

Received 834 Likes on 646 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
As I said, there is no discussion. Some say this some say that.
I have seen what happens using a Chinese/Asian licence and that is the reason why we do not provide this service for now. Writing back the original CVN is just camo
Here is what to do:
Those who pretend there is no problem coding these W223 and they know... blablabla
Before you have them coding, let them sign a statement that the will financially cover all the costs in case of warranty or other problems with their dealer.

We cover 100% of these risks with all the vehicles we code since ever
And that is also the reason why we do not code W223 for now

We code our members and customers cars like if they were ours. money will certainly never change that

Last edited by BenzNinja; 09-26-2023 at 04:06 AM.
TSA (09-21-2023)
Old 09-21-2023, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Current/Last 5-years:S560, X7, X5, Accord; Sold:S550, BMW X7; X5;BMW 530e;20'Lincoln Navigator;LS460
Originally Posted by Wolfman
My assumption is that in the longer term, many coding functions will be locked out to support the subscription services. Many have coded BMW 's for decades to enable more features but that is coming to an end as well...
Agreed, with the exception that BMW had to release a complete new hardware before they were even able to control any of that, and that is iDrive-8. Right now, even with iDrive-8, people have cracked it again and are coding their vehicles.
In summary, everyone, enjoy unlocking features and coding when it is all possible, there may become a time that this becomes too hard for 3rd party developers to code our cars... as of right now, let's just chill out.

Last edited by S_W222; 09-21-2023 at 05:54 PM.
Old 09-21-2023, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,119 Likes on 707 Posts
23 S580 Executive
Death to subscriptions.
S_W222 (09-21-2023)
Old 09-21-2023, 06:14 PM

997.2TTS
And that is also the reason why we do not code W223 for now
ok i think I've finally found a definite answer...at least as far as this particular supplier is concerned...
to reiterate, @BenzNinja u do NOT code at all for w223 US models, including ILS+.
Old 09-21-2023, 06:33 PM
TSA

S580 MAYBACH Z223
Originally Posted by S_W222
Agreed, with the exception that BMW had to release a complete new hardware before they were even able to control any of that, and that is iDrive-8. Right now, even with iDrive-8, people have cracked it again and are coding their vehicles.
In summary, everyone, enjoy unlocking features and coding when it is all possible, there may become a time that this becomes too hard for 3rd party developers to code our cars... as of right now, let's just chill out.
BMW is nothing but a kids toy to code. It’s nothing like Mercedes.

do you know how to add FO text? Can you do retrofittings and get it registered to the data cards? Obviously not. Because the version of xentry you got is obviously crack , you won’t be able to get the real xentry tab 4 in Europe + USA because the fees for that is so high and that you also need to have a workshop just to get those devices on hands of yours.

Asian lisances and devices are the easiest to get. No documents like workshop lisances , tax numbers. Easy stuff. Pay the fee , and get your lisance and the device. And also you won’t be getting the highest Role of zenzefi unless you’re a high level engineer at Mercedes. The guy which he let him use is account is kicked out of the company so you won’t be able to code for a while unless a guy like this comes back 😃

Old 09-21-2023, 08:09 PM
SPONSOR

Received 834 Likes on 646 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
ok i think I've finally found a definite answer...at least as far as this particular supplier is concerned...
to reiterate, @BenzNinja u do NOT code at all for w223 US models, including ILS+.
Exactly, not for now for the reasons above

additional info:
As I said before, everybody can read and make their own decisions
I will no longer write in this thread as I said what I had to say.
it's useless feeding this. we are not coding these for now because we have seen, not because we can't code it as falsy stated below.
I do coding development, new mods like nowhere else. coding a W223 is peanuts for me. taking this market would be nice but money is not what drives me as N°1
think about it

Last edited by BenzNinja; 09-26-2023 at 04:06 AM.
Old 09-21-2023, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by TSA
BMW is nothing but a kids toy to code. It’s nothing like Mercedes.

do you know how to add FO text? Can you do retrofittings and get it registered to the data cards? Obviously not. Because the version of xentry you got is obviously crack , you won’t be able to get the real xentry tab 4 in Europe + USA because the fees for that is so high and that you also need to have a workshop just to get those devices on hands of yours.

Asian lisances and devices are the easiest to get. No documents like workshop lisances , tax numbers. Easy stuff. Pay the fee , and get your lisance and the device. And also you won’t be getting the highest Role of zenzefi unless you’re a high level engineer at Mercedes. The guy which he let him use is account is kicked out of the company so you won’t be able to code for a while unless a guy like this comes back 😃
Am not sure that I care enough to know how it's done, though I have the know how and basic knowledge for it. I just have no interest to waste the time and energy and to even buy or rent the equipment for it. For 200 bucks or few cryptos lol , I got my coder to do it for me fully remote; hence why even bother with it.. I code my BMWs because it required nothing buy my personal laptop and faster and BMW allows so much customization tricks that are fun than Mbenz cars . As long as there is still Mbenz coders who are doing it for me or others fully remote same day and for a reasonable amount, then my wallet would gladly pay those guys. The day you posted your thread, my neighbor's W223 was getting coded for amber light colors as I texted him. Also as RJ Automotive mentioned above, they are still coding W223 and MBUX as of right now. Hence, some lost their credentials but not those other coders like RJ Automotive or Max, which is good for the Mbworld community. Resources are available, nothing changed.

Last edited by S_W222; 09-21-2023 at 08:29 PM.
Old 09-22-2023, 04:34 AM
SPONSOR

Received 89 Likes on 37 Posts
AMG C63 2019 AMG C43 2024 RS7 2016
@rjautomotive r u using US license for US cars/clients?
There is no such thing as US licenses, chinese licenses etc....

Coding these vehicles is the same as the older vehicles, all that is needed now is that you have to sign the variant coding. Just google certficate based vehicle security. No traces are left and it does not "void warranty"

The certificates are not easy to get and the new cars are much more complex to code, so generally when others are scaremongering its generally just an excuse for them to why they cannot do it themselves
The following 2 users liked this post by rjautomotive:
Diesel Benz (09-23-2023), S_W222 (09-22-2023)
Old 09-22-2023, 09:33 AM
TSA

S580 MAYBACH Z223
There is no such thing as US licenses, chinese licenses etc....

Coding these vehicles is the same as the older vehicles, all that is needed now is that you have to sign the variant coding. Just google certficate based vehicle security. No traces are left and it does not "void warranty"

The certificates are not easy to get and the new cars are much more complex to code, so generally when others are scaremongering its generally just an excuse for them to why they cannot do it themselves

there is different types of lisances. It depends of region + ability to make changes. You got levels.

The lisance you need for coding is the top level one.
you need an engineers account to do much of a difference on a w223.

he just rents his account hourly and then you do the variant coding. That’s how you do it correctly. But it’s not allowed in Daimler AG.

the second way is the way you do.

you just found the zenzefi certificate out of mhh auto 🤣

Well if you’re man enough , enable my Mercedes me services. You won’t be able to do that obviously.
Old 09-23-2023, 01:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by TSA
Well if you’re man enough , enable my Mercedes me services. You won’t be able to do that obviously.
Enabling Mercedes Me services is a different topic. You cannot have google email on your car just by variant coding, you need google email servers and a valid account there too. At the moment your communications module has no subscription to any of the local cellular networks but configuring the eSIM in the car would not be enough.
Old 09-23-2023, 08:17 AM
TSA

S580 MAYBACH Z223
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
Enabling Mercedes Me services is a different topic. You cannot have google email on your car just by variant coding, you need google email servers and a valid account there too. At the moment your communications module has no subscription to any of the local cellular networks but configuring the eSIM in the car would not be enough.
a legit Mercedes coder can enable the services using diagnosis. You all just copy the **** the Chinese coders do 😃
Old 09-23-2023, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by TSA
a legit Mercedes coder can enable the services using diagnosis. You all just copy the **** the Chinese coders do 😃
Allow me to disagree, the diagnostics tool is not enough even for a legit coder. As an example if the owner of the car changes, there is no need for vehicle diagnosis at all, some other actions are necessary.

If a legit coder can activate the services, why don't you visit a legit garage then?
S_W222 (09-23-2023)
Old 09-23-2023, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by TSA
Chinese, or russian or american, or Korean, or moon-origins; who cares? I love them ALL and as long as am dealing with a human-being, born on earth just like u, I would still be happy to use them. I don’t give a *** about politics nor that I care my man. U r one the wrong forum if u wanna bring such topics here and moderators will be on the look for u. U started a thread that helped everyone confirm that we still as a community have access to real pro coders who still can code W223 like RJ Automotive, legitimate highly reputable resource, at least with a proven registered physical store in europe, one of a few with the know-how to help MBUX W223 owners. Why keep spreading misinformation.

No offense, but am kinda having hard time to understand what your original objective is. Just a couple weeks ago YOU were asking “ HOW CAN I CODE MY CAR? I just wonder , how could i code my car? i see those guys around coding cars”.. Now just 4 weeks later, u are here trying to give all of us lessons and classes on what coding is and how it is done, and bringing politics too. Who is feeding you with info and incenses topics? Obviosuly someone with a poor advertising strategy that lies on spreading misinformation in my view. Please don’t tell me u learned all these coding advices together in 3-4 weeks since your (how can i code my car) thread. I think it is all clear now; i will cease form the debate.

Last edited by S_W222; 09-23-2023 at 01:02 PM.
Old 09-23-2023, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by TSA
there is different types of lisances. It depends of region + ability to make changes. You got levels.

The lisance you need for coding is the top level one.
you need an engineers account to do much of a difference on a w223.

he just rents his account hourly and then you do the variant coding. That’s how you do it correctly. But it’s not allowed in Daimler AG.

the second way is the way you do.

you just found the zenzefi certificate out of mhh auto 🤣

Again; Reminder: 4 weeks ago you posted this thread “TSA: I just wonder , how could i code my car? i see those guys around coding cars
Now, just 4 weeks later, you are here challenging one of the most reputable coers in the industry, and one out of only a couple coders who can, know and offer MBUX cars coding, yet a sponsor forum. What are you trying to achieve my challenging a respectful genuine resource like RJ Automotive?

You know, I have way more respect for RJ Automotive just based on the professionalism they had shown here. I think they earned my business going forward though am happy with my other coding resources.
Old 09-23-2023, 02:27 PM
TSA

S580 MAYBACH Z223
Originally Posted by S_W222
Again; Reminder: 4 weeks ago you posted this thread “TSA: I just wonder , how could i code my car? i see those guys around coding cars
Now, just 4 weeks later, you are here challenging one of the most reputable coers in the industry, and one out of only a couple coders who can, know and offer MBUX cars coding, yet a sponsor forum. What are you trying to achieve my challenging a respectful genuine resource like RJ Automotive?

You know, I have way more respect for RJ Automotive just based on the professionalism they had shown here. I think they earned my business going forward though am happy with my other coding resources.
I know how to code.

i just don’t got the equipment.

and also i was playing the dumb here to find some idiots coding using Chinesee lisances.

well I don’t know who the hell is rj automotive. At least for now.

no hate for anyone here. You got a bit mad. I’m not about blocking your business.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: You can no longer code W223. From now.