S-Class (W223) 2021 to Present

FAIL: w223 S580 air balance retrofit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2024, 02:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2022 S580 Exec., 2017 E43 P3
FAIL: w223 S580 air balance retrofit

I have a 22 S580 that was delivered without the fragrance/air balance system due to a parts shortage during covid. The HVAC control menus show it present in the car and let me change the setting of it, even though it is missing.

So I decided to order the parts and have the dealer install. This morning I got the following update message:

"Almost done- major roadblock on the a/c odor contraption -heres what the tech found-----I installed all the perfume parts into the car but it does not work, tried to recode the a/c control unit but it didnt work, checked option codes and ptss cases, found option code d9d meaning customer was credited for removal of the fragrance option and i saw a ptss case stating that the option is not able to be retrofitted. mb blocked the option when it wasnt available. lmk i can remove the parts if they want me to. idk if mb will ever release the proper coding for that option to properly work."

Well that's a drag. I sent Benzninja a message as well as the Elebest people messages to see if this is something they can code into the car. What do you all think? Should I have the dealer pull the parts or leave them in and see if someone can do the coding magic?

Old 05-21-2024, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 605 Likes on 399 Posts
Last 5 years: S560, X7, X5, Accord; Sold:15'S550, 20'BMW X7; 19'BMW 530e; 20'Lincoln Navigator,LS460
I considered the EQS last year, and while I was shopping for one, I noticed the same issue. I was told by most dealers that the Air Balance can not be retrofitted but a few of them said that yes they can. I think you will find more users on the EQS forum with experience relevant to this issue. I'd try to post there as I think the W223 and EQS for some of the models produced around 2022 have the same issue, but it was mostly the EQS that every single car they produced came without the Air Balance pkg.

@EleBest is the only person on this website that I know who knows how to code MBUX and also offers there MBUX coding services, and the only person I'd trust, so he might be able to help but only if that's truly something that Mbenz left to be coded. Afterall these coders are only there to flip a few coding lines, so they can only do reasonable things that Mbenz left as a potential option by design. Oh, and you can also try to ask @rjautomotive , they also know how to code MBUX vehicles and do offer some service but they seem to be selective with which services they provide.

Last edited by S_W222; 05-21-2024 at 06:25 PM.
Old 05-21-2024, 05:48 PM

Thank you for your input.
The following users liked this post:
autofarm garage (06-05-2024)
Old 05-21-2024, 07:58 PM
SPONSOR

Received 817 Likes on 633 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by ArcticSilver
I have a 22 S580 that was delivered without the fragrance/air balance system due to a parts shortage during covid. The HVAC control menus show it present in the car and let me change the setting of it, even though it is missing.

So I decided to order the parts and have the dealer install. This morning I got the following update message:

"Almost done- major roadblock on the a/c odor contraption -heres what the tech found-----I installed all the perfume parts into the car but it does not work, tried to recode the a/c control unit but it didnt work, checked option codes and ptss cases, found option code d9d meaning customer was credited for removal of the fragrance option and i saw a ptss case stating that the option is not able to be retrofitted. mb blocked the option when it wasnt available. lmk i can remove the parts if they want me to. idk if mb will ever release the proper coding for that option to properly work."

Well that's a drag. I sent Benzninja a message as well as the Elebest people messages to see if this is something they can code into the car. What do you all think? Should I have the dealer pull the parts or leave them in and see if someone can do the coding magic?
Don't listen to "I know it all's. especially one of them.
We can code these cars easy and the work we provide is miles more advanced than just coding
If you look around on the forum you will read that we are N°1 in the USA

We code these cars easy but there is license problem
We will code these car when we will have a proper USA license for them
Having these cars coded with non-USA licenses is a risk we are not taking but everybody is free.
You might have to explain how your car moved to another country far away as it leaves traces

As soon as ready we will announce in the near future

Last edited by BenzNinja; 05-21-2024 at 08:00 PM.
Old 05-31-2024, 10:22 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
AMG GT53
Personally, I would work with @BenzNinja on this one. Dealers have a lot of restrictions, so even if it can be done, they might have to say it "can't". If you explained to @BenzNinja what the issue is and he says he can do it then I think you're in luck. Doing mine at the moment and unfortunately the wiring harness doesn't seem to have the connectors for mine, so even if I re-code it it won't coordinate. Will likely just hack an always on type situation for myself. It seems like you hit a sweet spot though, where all the parts are available due to this guy changing his mind, but they're just unwilling to allow the coding to take place.

Last edited by deadcat; 05-31-2024 at 10:24 PM.
Old 06-01-2024, 02:47 PM

Update: The tech decided to pull all of the gear out of my car and put it back together before asking me how to proceed. So I'm back to basics without the parts. Would you mind sharing a parts list that you're using, as I have to start over. I did send Benz Ninja and Elebest messages concerning the project. Both read them, but only Elebest responded.
Old 06-01-2024, 05:28 PM
SPONSOR

Received 817 Likes on 633 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Update: The tech decided to pull all of the gear out of my car and put it back together before asking me how to proceed. So I'm back to basics without the parts. Would you mind sharing a parts list that you're using, as I have to start over. I did send Benz Ninja and Elebest messages concerning the project. Both read them, but only Elebest responded.
We never received your msg
and as written above, we don't code these 223 yet for obvious reasons
Old 06-02-2024, 01:38 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
AMG GT53
The S class has a different system, I looked in a few parts catalogs and can't seem to find the system for your make/model.. it's like they completely abolished it for that car. However, you can probably use any S class system, But not 100% sure on that one. There's stuff on Ali Express for S class, and you can message sellers first, but can probably find an OEM S Class one and retrofit it, problem is if they removed or updated the wiring harness then you're stuck using a Ali Express retrofit or hacking into the climate control control module to have it work in the UI. I'd recommend the OEM most approach if you know about hacking into the wiring on your own, but those are the options I'm seeing, can probably help you find some compatible S class parts if you want to go in that direction though.

Last edited by deadcat; 06-02-2024 at 01:40 AM.