S-Class (W223) 2021 to Present

Unique Driver Profile Set-up Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2024, 06:09 AM

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts
Mine: 2014 E550 4matic; Hers: 2016 CLS 400 4matic
Unique Driver Profile Set-up Problem

I recently purchased a 2024 CPO S580 and set up my driver profile without any problem. Last weekend, we finally got around to setting up the profile for my wife and we encountered a unique problem.

My wife is Polish American but when her family immigrated into the United States, the surname was Americanized into a hispanic sounding surname. Somehow MBUX associated her surname with being hispanic when we set up her driver profile.. Why does that matter if you may ask? Well, it turns out that car when setting up her profile only pulled up the latino radio stations on XM and FM (didn't check AM). Does anyone know how to make the computer unlearn that?
Old 05-30-2024, 07:03 AM

Received 76 Likes on 46 Posts
2022 S580
Munich77, are you certain that the car pulled in Latino stations? Or was the 1st station on the FM dial in your area a Spanish station? I ask this because I setup a second profile in my car and the second name was as "American" as apple pie, but the system added the 1st radio station on the FM dial in the Atlanta area, which happens to be a Spanish station. That may be a coincidence, but interesting it happened to both of us.
The following users liked this post:
Diesel Benz (05-30-2024)