S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Badge Overkill?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 02:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whatever there's gas in...
Badge Overkill?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2234381

Anyone else think so?
Old 02-05-2006, 02:48 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Hahah. Why?
Old 02-05-2006, 03:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
MY '03 S55 AMG. BONE STOCK WITH KLEEMAN UPGRADES TO COME

just wait until he gets those kleeman upgrages...
Old 02-05-2006, 03:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 S55
OK, I'm ready .. this is one of the things I love about this forum .. can't wait to see the photo shops on this one! Think Mashed Potatoes (someone else's really) fake 6 tail pipe SL .. how many badges can you fit on an S55? Hmmmm
Old 02-05-2006, 04:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheeled car.
ATL...must be a brother. lol
Old 02-05-2006, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63BS, SL55, G55, C43
A clean behind is the only way IMO:

Old 02-05-2006, 12:20 PM

'08 S65, '04 Range Rover(The House), '06 Lexus GS 300(Wifey's), '02 Sea Ray 360 Sundancer
Originally Posted by The Godfather
And just why does it have to be a brother? Why couldn't it be some old *** W210 owner, who could afford to upgrade to an S55?

Trending Topics

Old 02-05-2006, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever there's gas in...
Originally Posted by The Godfather
You're a jackass if that comment was for real..I'm a "Brother" and I dont have excessive emblems on my car...you should really watch what you say...are you this careless with words off of the internet??
Old 02-05-2006, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
Originally Posted by S-Clusiv

the thing that's sad is anyone who is a ACTUALLY going to know what all of those badges mean, is also likely going to think it looks stupid with all of them like that..

I say less is more.... but my rule I live by is "keep it stock looking" and do your tricks under the hood..

Or has von Moltke used to say... "be more than you seem"
Old 02-05-2006, 01:24 PM

Toyota Camry SE
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/foru...osts=11&fid=19
Old 02-05-2006, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by S-Clusiv
You're a jackass if that comment was for real..I'm a "Brother" and I dont have excessive emblems on my car...you should really watch what you say...are you this careless with words off of the internet??

.............that is not the first time. Here is another comment by him. LINK

Ted
Old 02-05-2006, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
..............it is interesting how one's true personality tends to come out over time even in an otherwise annonymous forum. What is further interesting is how noone on the forum is uncomfortable about it, except of course someone of color. There was a similar thread about Arabs and darwinism and to my amazement, everyone just went on until the target of the comments complained and the thread was closed. Prior to that everyone was totally comfortable with the comments.

Ted
Old 02-05-2006, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63BS, SL55, G55, C43
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
..............What is further interesting is how noone on the forum is uncomfortable about it, except of course someone of color. There was a similar thread about Arabs and darwinism and to my amazement, everyone just went on until the target of the comments complained and the thread was closed. Prior to that everyone was totally comfortable with the comments.
Usually it is best to ignore idiots online (or in IRL for that matter). At least that is how I feel about it. If you are offended or want to make a point I suggest you complain to the moderators instead of starting a discussion on values, discrimination, etc. That, IMO, is too much honour for the idiot in question. But then again, that is just IMO. And you know what they say about opinions...

Old 02-05-2006, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Originally Posted by sprins
Usually it is best to ignore idiots online (or in IRL for that matter).
Old 02-05-2006, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Originally Posted by HLG600
..........understood.

Ted
Old 02-05-2006, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW E39
Well, someone had to do it.

Old 02-05-2006, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
..............it is interesting how one's true personality tends to come out over time even in an otherwise annonymous forum. What is further interesting is how noone on the forum is uncomfortable about it, except of course someone of color. There was a similar thread about Arabs and darwinism and to my amazement, everyone just went on until the target of the comments complained and the thread was closed. Prior to that everyone was totally comfortable with the comments.

Ted
Ted, I've seen this exact thing.... I went a step further and stated that if we were to substitute the term Arab and Jew in that thread, it would have long been closed..

Either way, there is a lot of selective racism on this forum, and that gives me trouble.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:33 PM

'08 S65, '04 Range Rover(The House), '06 Lexus GS 300(Wifey's), '02 Sea Ray 360 Sundancer

Ted
First of all, I never read the thread about the Arab or have I ever seen any form of racism on this forum previously. The closest I have come to such, is when someone was makinfg fun of Krsipy Kreme's weight about a month or so ago! Totally uncalled for IMO. What does a person's weight have to do with their level of intelligence? I guess since Krispy is probably white, it wouldn't make since to make a racial comment! So the next best thing is to insult him with comments about his weight right? So, I didn't see any threads from you saying that that wasn't appropriate either! Where were you that day? Thing is NO defamatory remarks regarding a person are appropriate here IMO! If you don't agree with a person's opinon, say that.....but don't attempt to verbally assault another member. I did PM Ricky A., but have yet to recieve a response. BTW, Krispy if U read this thread...I don't agree with your opinon, that the M5 is a better car than the E55!
Old 02-06-2006, 01:34 AM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
big time overkill.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Originally Posted by ENDSMTG
First of all, I never read the thread about the Arab or have I ever seen any form of racism on this forum previously. The closest I have come to such, is when someone was makinfg fun of Krsipy Kreme's weight about a month or so ago! Totally uncalled for IMO. What does a person's weight have to do with their level of intelligence? I guess since Krispy is probably white, it wouldn't make since to make a racial comment! So the next best thing is to insult him with comments about his weight right? So, I didn't see any threads from you saying that that wasn't appropriate either! Where were you that day? Thing is NO defamatory remarks regarding a person are appropriate here IMO! If you don't agree with a person's opinon, say that.....but don't attempt to verbally assault another member. I did PM Ricky A., but have yet to recieve a response. BTW, Krispy if U read this thread...I don't agree with your opinon, that the M5 is a better car than the E55!
............Think about what you just said. You said I didn't complain about insults on Krispy Kreme because he is white. First of all, I don't know if Krispy Kreme is white or black or Asian or hispanic or something else. Secondly, I don't even know if Krispy creme is over weight. You don't know if I am black or white or Asian or Hispanic, or Arab or Mixed.........and if mixed, you don't know the ethnicity of either of my parents. While I agree that calling someone over weight is inappropriate, you may wish to reconsider your equation of that with racism given our country's long,difficult and ongoing problem with racism. We even had a civil war about this. Secondly, in a forum this diverse, there are bound to be people who make inappropriate coments of one form or the other. Whether it is practical to pursue every inappropriate coment is open to question. However, when someone repeatedly makes racist comments, I think we as a community should let it known that it is not wellcome here. If you disagree, let me know.

..............As far as your contention that you have not seen any form of racism on this thread previously, below is another one. If you want additional examples let me know. LINK . Now, because I spoke up about this thread, do you think I am Asian?

............Here is a link about Arabs and darwinism.LINK

Ted

Last edited by Ted Baldwin; 02-06-2006 at 02:46 AM.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C219 CLS / W220 † / W211† / W210 E55 † / W210 Brabus † / Hamann 540i † /
You S55 guys are up-tight....... It's sad to see grown *** men fighting over something so stupid. Reminds me of school, oooooo did you hear what he said!, i'm telling on you (moderator).

Get over it and move on both of you
Old 02-06-2006, 10:30 AM

............Think about what you just said. You said I didn't complain about insults on Krispy Kreme because he is white. First of all, I don't know if Krispy Kreme is white or black or Asian or hispanic or something else. Secondly, I don't even know if Krispy creme is over weight. You don't know if I am black or white or Asian or Hispanic, or Arab or Mixed.........and if mixed, you don't know the ethnicity of either of my parents. While I agree that calling someone over weight is inappropriate, you may wish to reconsider your equation of that with racism given our country's long,difficult and ongoing problem with racism. We even had a civil war about this. Secondly, in a forum this diverse, there are bound to be people who make inappropriate coments of one form or the other. Whether it is practical to pursue every inappropriate coment is open to question. However, when someone repeatedly makes racist comments, I think we as a community should let it known that it is not wellcome here. If you disagree, let me know.

..............As far as your contention that you have not seen any form of racism on this thread previously, below is another one. If you want additional examples let me know. LINK . Now, because I spoke up about this thread, do you think I am Asian?

............Here is a link about Arabs and darwinism.LINK

Ted
Read both threads.........once again my position is that this is unacceptable behavior in any forum. For the record, I do agree with you that repeated infractions should be addressed. Member Sprins wrote "just move on", why should we ignore this guy's ignorance. If you got diagnosed with cancer.....would you just ignore it and move on? That's exactly what this guy is.......a cancer! You see, it's not the people who go on Jerry Springer and declare their racism openly. It's the cowards like this guy who want to do it in annonomous forms, then get on the street shake your hand and act like everythings ok. Regardless, I appreciate your feedback and respect/agree with your opinon. We've spent too much time and effort to get to the same conclusion.....there are always going to be people like this guy, who try to bring race into every equation. It's sad to see it here, where race is unrelated to the purpose of this forum.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Highend
You S55 guys are up-tight....... It's sad to see grown *** men fighting over something so stupid. Reminds me of school, oooooo did you hear what he said!, i'm telling on you (moderator).

Get over it and move on both of you
Highend,
I wouldn't say that we were fighting as much as we were commenting on how to approach/address inappropriate comments made here. No harm, no foul.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 c32

Ted

Comfort has nothing to do with it. There is so much off-handed (and often disingenuous) racism and then followup off-hand (and even moreso disingenuous) political correctness that it tends to be completely ignored by people who spend any amount of time online.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
lol wtf happened. what have I done? And I am far from being anonymous on this forum haha. dozen after dozen of people know me in real life.

anyway, my comment was made in relation to a stereotype. Like teens all drive little riced out Civics. Like white people in my town all drive lifted pickup truck. So what? that's not racist. If I said all black people are murderers and rapist, all white people are KKK members and all Jews as cheap, then yeah, that would be bad. But it's only badging, and the people who I have seen do that are brown and black, and sometimes, even white or otherswise.

So don't get butt hurt.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Badge Overkill?