S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Tracktion problem :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 11:40 AM

Received 75 Likes on 44 Posts
Tracktion problem :(

i need some advise please,
I have major tracktion problem with my S65 any advise on tires?? something that will help elemenate part of the problem???

please guys i need some advise from anyone who had the experience with SL65 or CL65 or S65 any info will be appreciated

car is running on Continental, ContiSportContact 2

thanks
Old 06-07-2006, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Originally Posted by dbasons55
i need some advise please,
I have major tracktion problem with my S65 any advise on tires?? something that will help elemenate part of the problem???

please guys i need some advise from anyone who had the experience with SL65 or CL65 or S65 any info will be appreciated

car is running on Continental, ContiSportContact 2

thanks
You need PS2s on wider rims(roll the fenders),Kleemann LSD ,you'll get some improvement but not dramatic though.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:03 PM

Thanks absent

the thing is i dont want to change any of the factory settings on my vehicle i think its cool the way it is the tire sizes are not available for PS2 so i dont know i feel cornered with minimum options of some tires i dont know whats wrong at first when i got the car it pulled with so much ease but now i am getting major wheel spin with traction ON !! i dont know what to do
Old 06-07-2006, 12:07 PM
ON PROBATION

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
See if you can fit Bridgestone Pole Position S03's or Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's on your stock rims -- both should be an improvement over the Continental ContiSportContact2's......
Old 06-07-2006, 12:13 PM

guys those are the tires i can fit on my stock wheels

Dunlop SP Sport Maxx
Pirelli PZero Rosso
Yokohama ADVAN Sport

and sorry absent i can fit PS2 i just checked the sizes
Old 06-11-2006, 08:42 PM
asg

2007 S600
I am running the Michelin Sports and got 9000 miles out of them, but can't give more than half throttle out of first gear with out traction light comming on.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:35 PM

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Is it a W220 or a W221?

Do the S65 have a anti-slip differential?

If not, buy one!

I have driven a Brabus SL SV12 (640 HP) with the anti-slip differential and it was awesome! I didn't feel any slip at all, and that with such a HP and torq!
Old 06-15-2006, 04:06 AM

I think i will just go for the PS2's and fit them on my car within next week and then will come back with the feedback thanks everyone at least i could tell that PS2's might solve part of the problem.

AMG55lover i think that Brabus stuff isn't the best in the world and the car is the W221 S65 i wouldn't recomend Brabus for bad experience with them i would rather check out MKB.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:13 AM

I think i will just go for the PS2's and fit them on my car within next week and then will come back with the feedback thanks everyone at least i could tell that PS2's might solve part of the problem.

AMG55lover i think that Brabus stuff isn't the best in the world and the car is the W221 S65 i wouldn't recomend Brabus for bad experience with them i would rather check out MKB.
Ok, I'm not recommending a engine modification (S65 does not need any), but just the anti-slip differential if the S65 does not have it
Old 06-16-2006, 04:35 PM

AMG55lover

what can i say i just HATE brabus i wouldn't buy anything from them they are just so not good in my opinion and the fact is that no one actually has anything for the car yet except for them anyways i was promised by MKB for a solution for my problem or part of it and another solution for a comp upgrade within the next 6 to 8 weeks so i will be waiting and will let you know
Old 06-16-2006, 05:34 PM
ON PROBATION

I'll be interested in hearing what MKB comes up with -- be sure to let us know, will you?
Old 06-16-2006, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Almost positive you have Limited Slip on that thing.....would bet the bank. SL65 does for sure so I can not imagine why not.

Bout the best you are gonna do is throw the PS2's on it and hope for the best.

Should have no problems putting PS2's on it at all.

That AMG LSD is just incredible (per Kleemann)...DON'T let ANY tuner talk you out of yanking it outta there. 40% lockup is plenty unless you plan on taking it bracket racing.

You'll like the PS2's...they smoke Conti's by a mile!!!

Just part of the curse of having the fastest 4 door on the planet my friend.
Old 06-17-2006, 04:21 PM

AMG55lover

what can i say i just HATE brabus i wouldn't buy anything from them they are just so not good in my opinion and the fact is that no one actually has anything for the car yet except for them anyways i was promised by MKB for a solution for my problem or part of it and another solution for a comp upgrade within the next 6 to 8 weeks so i will be waiting and will let you know

I need no further words:

98,604 readers participated in the annual poll "Die besten Autos - BEST CARS 2006" conducted by Germany's leading automotive magazine 'auto motor und sport.' The participants were also asked to name those automobile tuners whose products they considered to be of special merit.

55 percent of participants responded with BRABUS and thus voted the company from Bottrop 'BEST BRAND 2006' in the 'automobile tuner' category. With 27 and 26 percent respectively two other Mercedes tuners finished a distant fourth and sixth in the poll that allowed multiple responses.

"We are elated by this result," says BRABUS CEO Bodo Buschmann. "Being voted the most popular tuning brand is not just an honor that rewards the excellent work of our 350-member team. It is at the same time encouragement for us to continue to develop BRABUS products that meet and exceed the high expectations our customers, the media and the general public have of us."

Where is MKB?

Last edited by //AMG55lover; 08-05-2009 at 06:26 PM.
Old 06-17-2006, 07:23 PM
ON PROBATION

MKB used to be bigger. If I remember correctly he was one of the original guys involved with the AMG founders before AMG became so involved with MBZ. He was certainly a contemporary as a tuner.

At times they have gone hog-wild and been a big deal, and a big seller. They had a number of business problems - suppliers, maybe employees, production problems, etc. - and got smaller. Still smaller -- but they can turn out excellent work with fantastic engineering and results.

They did some fantastic rally vehicle work and some fantastic DTM car work (akin to HWA) for a few years.

They are one of the few companies which will actually do things like rework the internals in an AMG engine or gearbox.

You would not believe whatall is parked in HIS garage!

Brabus got big because they marketed like demons-in-heat and spent big bucks expanding over the course of the last several years.

I haven't had much to do with MKB for the last three years or so.....
Old 06-19-2006, 04:32 AM

AMG55lover

I do respect your opinion plus the opinion of 100,000 people plus the opinion of every person intering this form and other forms but answer my question please

if you own an S65 and your dealer comes up to you and say lisen Mr. Lover if you want to tune your car you are welcomed to do so, if you go for Barbus you have a warrenty that will be covered from Brabus itself i.e. you lose your factory warranty to barbus, but he also says if you install MKB performance upgrade we will be happy to let you know that you will have a 3 year warranty just like the one we offer to our standard cars !! hmmmmmmmmm tell me now Mr. Lover what would you go for??
Old 06-19-2006, 04:12 PM

AMG55lover

I do respect your opinion plus the opinion of 100,000 people plus the opinion of every person intering this form and other forms but answer my question please

if you own an S65 and your dealer comes up to you and say lisen Mr. Lover if you want to tune your car you are welcomed to do so, if you go for Barbus you have a warrenty that will be covered from Brabus itself i.e. you lose your factory warranty to barbus, but he also says if you install MKB performance upgrade we will be happy to let you know that you will have a 3 year warranty just like the one we offer to our standard cars !! hmmmmmmmmm tell me now Mr. Lover what would you go for??
That must be a local appointment between you're dealer and MKB or so! I've Never heard of keeping factory warranty after modifications!

I don't know where you live, but the European laws says that the product must own those properties which the user in all the reasonableness may expect! So the consumer is very protected, but when you have done a modification and there is a big (read: very expensive) problem than you're dealer says; 'I'm sorry but I am not at home today'.

Probably they don't do difficult when there is a little problem, solvable by the dealer and chargeable by the factory. But if there is a small escape for the sufferer, they will use it! And an non-factory modification is a shot for open goal!

So my answer is: If you worry about the warranty, keep it stock as far as you can keep you're self in control!

I keep with, wat I already said:
Ok, I'm not recommending a engine modification (S65 does not need any), but just the anti-slip differential if the S65 does not have it!
Old 06-19-2006, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Almost positive you have Limited Slip on that thing.....would bet the bank. SL65 does for sure so I can not imagine why not.
S65 does not have LSD.(even the new one still does not have it)
Old 06-20-2006, 05:18 AM

AMG55lover i see were your argument comes from, in the end of the day we will both agree that each of us likes a certain tuner or trusts that tuner, plus you should know that MKB was the first tuner to modify the 55kompressor engin to over 600hp, these people are good and they dont need to fuss about it they have loyal customers and trust me their cars are wild you check out the E55 fully modified 620hp car and you would know what kind of tunner you are dealing with.

anyways in the end of the day its a matter of choice i do respect yours and once i am done i will make a nice video for everyone to see for now why dont you check out this MKB E55 running against an SLR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAz_b...arch=E55%20SLR
Old 06-20-2006, 03:38 PM

AMG55lover i see were your argument comes from, in the end of the day we will both agree that each of us likes a certain tuner or trusts that tuner, plus you should know that MKB was the first tuner to modify the 55kompressor engin to over 600hp, these people are good and they dont need to fuss about it they have loyal customers and trust me their cars are wild you check out the E55 fully modified 620hp car and you would know what kind of tunner you are dealing with.

anyways in the end of the day its a matter of choice i do respect yours and once i am done i will make a nice video for everyone to see for now why dont you check out this MKB E55 running against an SLR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAz_b...arch=E55%20SLR
Yeah, you're right.

Funny, you ask an opinion, but actually you had already made a decision!

Thanks for sharing the video, and good luck with you're choice of tuner! And please don't forget to share you're video when you have make it!

And this is wat you call tracktion problems:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tc_H...arch=E55%20SLR
Old 06-24-2006, 04:07 AM

AMG55lover

No my friend you understood me wrong i did make up my mind on the tuner i only asked for some advise on getting my car up and going without so much wheel spin and after i have made this thread to share my experience with the readers and members this helped me at least now i have an order on PS2's and hope once i have them on it would elemenate part of the problem thanks for sharing
Old 07-01-2006, 09:29 AM

AMG55lover

No my friend you understood me wrong i did make up my mind on the tuner i only asked for some advise on getting my car up and going without so much wheel spin and after i have made this thread to share my experience with the readers and members this helped me at least now i have an order on PS2's and hope once i have them on it would elemenate part of the problem thanks for sharing

You can order an Performance Package on the E 63 with a Limited Slip Differential!

This wat I found on www.mercedes-amg.com/privatelounge

Preliminary Details of the 030 for the E63

Larger Composite Rotors
186 MPH Limiter
Alcantara AMG Sport Steering Wheel
Limited Slip Differential
18" Multi Piece Rims (Not 19" as on the SL55 or CLS55)

Pricing and ordering information has not yet been announced. More details to follow on the AMG Private Lounge.

For more information please contact your local dealer or MBUSA at 1800 - FOR-MERCedes.

So i must be posible also for the S 65!