S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

S55 Limo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2002, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toyota Tacoma & Lexus IS250
S55 Limo

kills the 7series limo !!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eb...gephotohosting
Old 08-26-2002, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350, S320, Mini Cooper S
How come it doesn't have AMG bodykit??
Old 08-26-2002, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by sorlo
How come it doesn't have AMG bodykit??
prob just the motor/wheels?
Old 08-26-2002, 12:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Nice, i have no idea how much limos are worth, is that a good price? 250k for starters???
Old 08-26-2002, 08:50 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Doood wtf?!?!?!
Old 08-26-2002, 11:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
I'm learning from JamE55... my answer is...
Old 08-27-2002, 03:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
Nice .

Moving to the S55 AMG forum.
Old 08-27-2002, 05:46 AM

E55 AMG
This limo looks awesome! But something tells me this is not a real AMG. No AMG body kit, the wheels do not seem to be AMG either, and no photo of the engine is shown. Also seems a little strange that it's offered with just a 2 yr warranty vs. the normal 4 yrs.

Last edited by mikE55; 08-27-2002 at 06:26 AM.
Old 08-27-2002, 07:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

New Mercedes-Benz FACTORY BUILT S55 Pullman Limousine.

This limousine is one of 227 that were made in the Mercedes-Benz factory in Stuttgart, Germany, and this is the only one in the world with the 5.5 Liter Mercedes-Benz engine!
Two (2) year unlimited miles Mercedes-Benz Factory Warranty.

Fit for a President, King, or CEO. So long, so long, so extra long, the Mercedes S-Class is the state carriage. It measures 6.16 meters and has all luxury equipment onboard.

Distronic...Parktronic System...Individual Rear Seat...Remote Control Rear Heater...Garage Door Opener...COMMAND Control and Display System...Luxury Ventilated Leather Seats...Multi-Contour Backrest...Tire Pressure Control Unit...Anti-Theft Alarm System...Xenon Headlights...Deluxe Chestnut Wood Trim...DVD Player...Audio and TV System Front and Rear with Alpine Audio System Radio/CD Changer in Rear...Keyless Go...Linguatronic...Media Console...Video System...TV Tuner Package...Rear Telephones Mounted in Opposing Seats...Armrest with Fax...Headphones...Intercom System...Extended Leather Trim...Deluxe Wood Trim Set...Door Trim Sets I & II...Front Interior Trim Set...Trim Panel for IR Interior... Garage Door Opener...Trim Panel for IR Interior Monitoring...Rear Seat Adjuster Unit Panel...Rear Armrest Trim...Refrigerator Covered in Rear Armrest...Wood Trim Surrounding Reading Lights in Rear...Glass Compartments in Rear...Electrically Adjustable Rear Curtains...Increased Output Air Conditioning in Rear

Pullman is the finest state carriage from Mercedes-Benz. Finest leather, multimedia technique and lots of space thanks to one meter more length.

The 6.16m long luxury car is one of the few vehicles in which one would like to travel in the rear. Because the extension of one meter fully is of benefit to the rear passengers. They sit vis-à-vis and can stretch out their legs with great relish. Soft leather and noble chestnut wood lend club-atmosphere to the interior. Of course a separate air condition and a modern audio-system are installed. The list of options contains so pleasant details like intercom system for communication with the driver, bar with cooled compartment for drinks and glasses, multimedia-consoles, TV, car phone, fax.

The glass partition between front and rear compartment, which can be operated electrically, comes as standard equipment.

The space for the driver is much more modest than for the noble passengers. In return the driver may steer this nimble vehicle. And that is a lot of fun, because the Stuttgart Mercedes-Benz Factory equipped this Pullman with a 369hp strong 5.5-litre eight-cylinder engine.

As standard with air suspension, electronic stability program ESP five-speed automatic transmission and light alloy rims.

With the new Pullman the Mercedes-Benz Stuttgart factory continues a 70-year tradition as manufacturer of representative limousines. The first Mercedes Pullman was the model Nuerburg from the year 1929.

Mercedes-Benz S-Class Pullman:
New representative limousine with luxurious space and most modern German engineering

- Wheelbase of the Mercedes-Benz S-Class extended by one meter
- Spacious rear with seats in Vis-à-vis-arrangement
- Multimedia-technique in combination with finest materials

This new model, which celebrates its world-premiere, combines most innovative techniques with utmost comfort and luxury. The additional space is of benefit to the rear passengers, who can make them selves comfortable on a Vis-à-vis seat arrangement.

The foot space between the two seat rows in the rear measures impressive 70 centimeters in length - that is roughly 20 centimeters more than with the Pullman-model on the base of the S-Class predecessor (model line W140). The rear row of seats comes with electrically adjustable outer seats as standard or with two electrically adjustable single seats as an option so the new representative limousine gives space for six or seven passengers altogether.

Length 6158mm
Width 1855mm
Height 1454mm
Wheelbase 4085mm
Track f/r 1574/1574mm
Figures in millimeters

Pullman: Historic synonym for highest comfort on wheels
Already the supplementary designation Pullman points to the noble character of the new representative limousine: The American factory owner George Mortimer Pullman from Chicago in the middle of the 19th century made a name for manufacturing particularly luxuriously equipped railway coaches. Since then he counts as a byword for highest comfort on wheels.
The new Mercedes-Benz S-Class Pullman meets this description into the smallest detail and at the same time sets new standards for comfort and security thanks to innovative technique. Not only the separate air-conditioning and the modern audio-system for the rear, but also the six standard side air bags in the doors and in the interior trim of the middle body parts take care for that. Together with the window air bags for the rear, the electrically adjustable headrests and the three-point automatic seat-belts on all seats they form a perfect passenger protection-system. The glass partition between the front and rear compartments of the cabin can be operated electrically as well as the fabric curtains which as an option guard the complete rear against sunrays or curious looks.

While the driver of the Mercedes-Benz S-Class Pullman enjoys all standard innovations like COMAND, navigation system, multifunction steering-wheel, electrically adjustable seat with lumbar support, parameter steering or Xenon-headlights, the rear passenger compartment contains:
- Intercom system for communication with the driver
- Bar with cooled compartment for drinks and glasses
- Multimedia-consoles with two monitors
- DVD-Player
- TV-Receiver
- Working tables
- Car phone and telefax device
- Hi-Fi-Sound system
- Second rear space air condition
- Additional lights

Enhanced body and modified chassis. A side line slightly raised in the middle and rear area, newly designed side protection strips and a newly developed roof form the harmonic appearance of the Mercedes-Benz S-Class Pullman, which reflects all formal personality of the Mercedes-Benz S-Class – despite extended wheelbase and higher roof.

Besides numerous reinforcements of the body, the engineers developed a new three-piece propeller shaft, an extended exhaust system and reinforced chassis components for the representation limousine. The new side middle pieces of the body are constructed as doors which can be opened in the garage easily. This eases the service personnel working at the technical systems in the rear of the limousine.

As standard the Mercedes-Benz S-Class Pullman drive off the factory production line with the air suspension AIRmatic, the electronic stability program ESP, with five-speed automatic transmission and light alloy rims of the dimension 8 J x 18.

Mercedes-Benz has developed this S55 Pullman in co-operation with Mercedes-AMG GmbH. That concerns an integral production concept which takes into consideration all relevant aspects already at the construction. Thus it is ensured the fundamental advantages of corrosion protection, body stiffness, and production precision exceed in quality and safety any classic retrofit. The manufacture by Mercedes Benz factory - like the small series production at the DaimlerChrysler plant at Sindelfingen (Stuttgart, Germany) - thus guarantees the high Mercedes-Benz quality standard of the limousine.

VIN = WDB2208751A000003

Vehicle Condition

NEW - Immaculate

Terms of Sale

Cash - FOB: Las Vegas, Nevada
Old 08-27-2002, 03:27 PM

E55 AMG
I rest my case.

Simply dropping in the 5.5L engine doesn't make it an AMG, at least not in my book. Where's the AMG suspension tuning? AMG speedshift gearbox? AMG interior pieces, and again the lack of an AMG body kit and AMG wheels? If I'm going to pay $250 big ones, I'd want the full AMG treatment. Still, a very cool piece.

Last edited by mikE55; 08-27-2002 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-27-2002, 03:38 PM

Damn that thing is too cool.... I want to drive around in it!
Old 08-30-2002, 10:58 PM

They never actually claim its an AMG... it just was developed in coordination with them. And why would anyone want an AMG bodykit on a limo, or the suspension etc. A limo is not for racing.
Old 08-31-2002, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
Originally posted by androza
A limo is not for racing.
Says who? lol .

I have a video on my computer somewhere of a Cadillac limo doing 3 laps around Laguna Seca, i'll try and find it.
Old 08-31-2002, 04:07 AM

ok ok... let me rephrse that.

Sane people do not race limos, especially ones that cost 250k and could not really be replaced should some sort of catastrophic event occur.
Old 08-31-2002, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ferrari F50's cost a lot more than 250k and almost everyone who owns one of the 350 in the world races them... and those cannot be replaced, lol .

I think it would be fun to drive a limo hard, any limo, not just the S55 one.
Old 09-01-2002, 12:16 AM

With the Ferrari you could buy another one, even off of someone else. You couldnt buy the other limo I bet. And you must seriously question the sanity of someone who buys a limo, a car which the buyer is normally chauffered around in, and the fact that there are far better cars out there for racing. Though it would be increidbly amusing to roll up to a stop light, give the ricers in the accord next to you 'the nod,' and then proceed to whup them.
Old 09-01-2002, 08:20 PM

2004 S 600
The S ereies only suspension for both 55 and 600 is ABC...there is no tuning done by AMG on S55.