S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Would you get an S600 if avail with body kit??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 12:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
355 F1 Spider & ......V12 w220.176
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
Understood, but if you look at "transferred's" post, he never said he would be travelling at "high speed" with the family. If you think about, even at 35mph you want to have the best brakes.
Hey now.... It's LetsJet..not Learjet...lol... I prefer Gulfstreams to be honest..... Now that that is out of the way....

If I had my family in the car with me I would think that the S600 brakes would work just as well as AMG brakes. I say that because you don't need any bigger brakes to make an aggressive stop if you are doing it once or twice. The brakes are big enough and the ABS system will take over anyway. It's only if you are doing a lot of hard braking, like on a tight circuit that the larger brakes will help dissipate the heat.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:49 AM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2014 S550
Originally Posted by LetsJet
Hey now.... It's LetsJet..not Learjet...lol... I prefer Gulfstreams to be honest..... Now that that is out of the way....

If I had my family in the car with me I would think that the S600 brakes would work just as well as AMG brakes. I say that because you don't need any bigger brakes to make an aggressive stop if you are doing it once or twice. The brakes are big enough and the ABS system will take over anyway. It's only if you are doing a lot of hard braking, like on a tight circuit that the larger brakes will help dissipate the heat.

lol sorry - i had just read a story on learjet and its in my head

HOnest - at 35mph...... if i gotta stop - the brakes on my S550 are suffice too. You only really need those S600/S63 brakes if u are gonna be traveling at high speeds and need to stop fast!
Old 06-19-2007, 09:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 320 Likes on 236 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
I bet. Those things are HUGE.
BTW, Whoover- Any plans to mod your S65. I love the wheels and bodywork but the thought of a very easy 700bhp must be a temptation?
It's a temptation. So far, fear of exceeding the transmissions torque certification has kept me from doing it, although I know many people have done it with no problem.