S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

ATTN: All poser haters.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-23-2007, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by way2evil
scroll down more
poser

noun
1. a person who habitually pretends to be something he is not
I did scroll down more. I read it in its entirety. And if you think that your little omission from the end of the definition of the word is going to get by me, or to fool anyone other than your little cheerleader here, you're sorely mistaken.

Here is the definition you cited in its entirety, including the portion you snipped out:

WordNet - Cite This Source - Share This
poser

noun
1. a person who habitually pretends to be something he is not [syn: poseur]
Nice try, but if you have to omit things to make your point, your point is pretty shaky.

Oh, and I guess you missed this one:
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This
pos·er 1 (pō'zər) Pronunciation Key
n.

1. One who poses.
2. A poseur.

I guess that you also missed the post containing the entymology of the word, showing that "poser" is derived from, and is slang for, "poseur".

Lastly, you stated "maybe in europe" when it was pointed out to you that "poseur" was the correct word. BUZZ! It is an English word. This might come as a complete shock to you, but there are many fine English words with roots in many, many other nice languages, such as Greek, Latin, French, German, Italian, etc....Democracy, for example (both the word and the concept), was NOT derived here in the good ol' US of A, but over there in fureign' land, europe. I know, I know, big words like "entymology" can seem oh so confusing at times, but try to wrap your head around this, OK?

Poser is slang for poseur.

But if y'all are mo' comfo'table usin' that thar slang, that thar's OK by me, Jethro! Now, I'm fixin' ta go swimmin' in the cement pond, so gotta run!
Old 10-23-2007, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden
Oh double snap!!!

Whatever, back to cars...I have to go put some SLR/Kleeman/V12 BiTurbo/AMG badges...on my girls' dirtbike!
Hmm, yeah, I guess if you ignore pesky little things like "facts".
Old 10-23-2007, 12:19 PM

2004 S55 AMG
Whatever...

Me personally...never was a big fan of using foreign words/diction/pronunciation/etc. in everyday English language, kinda smacks of elitism and psuedo-intellectualism...

I don't feel the need to put other people down because I think I know better than someone else...sorry that the reality of the situation conflicts with your own personal opinion, (and we all know what opinions are like...).

Poser FTMFW!!!

Shall we start a poll?
Old 10-23-2007, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Whatever...

Me personally...never was a big fan of using foreign words/diction/pronunciation/etc. in everyday English language, kinda smacks of elitism and psuedo-intellectualism...
Well, what can I say, other than that personal and intellectual have their roots in Latin, elitism and foreign have their roots in French via Latin, and that pseudo is a Greek word....

Oooooh, SNAP!!

(couldn't resist that one!)

But back to my point: if you want to eliminate words which have foreign roots from English, you will simplify life greatly as you'll cut your vocabulary down by well over half. For example, a particularly useful word which happens to have foreign roots is "xenophobia".

I don't feel the need to put other people down because I think I know better than someone else...sorry that the reality of the situation conflicts with your own personal opinion, (and we all know what opinions are like...).

Poser FTMFW!!!

Shall we start a poll?
I don't think the intention was to put anyone down, but rather to correct an error. In literary sources where they care about things like grammar, spelling, etc. you will see the word spelled "poseur".

And I weren't aware that correct grammer and speling shud be decidded by poles. Butt thankk u for poyinting that out too mee!

Last edited by Improviz; 10-23-2007 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:17 PM

2004 S55 AMG
I see...

I've come to a battle wits...

...and I left my armor and sword at home...come to think of it, I'm butt naked right now!

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...

Putting something on your car that says it is what it isn't, blows goats.

The antithesis of that, de-badging, while it may not be everyone's cup of Earl Gray, is indeed b!tchin'...

That's all I got, you've been a wonderful audience, I'll be here all week, be sure to tip your waitress!
Old 10-23-2007, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
It's all good man, just having some fun! Gotta love that sense of humor as well. Cheers!
Old 10-23-2007, 06:02 PM

2004 S55 AMG
Originally Posted by Improviz
It's all good man, just having some fun! Gotta love that sense of humor as well. Cheers!

Old 10-23-2007, 10:30 PM
Banned

German
I saw a 07/08 S550 today with a AMG rear emblem and 4Matic emblem under it ? WTF! ....the car did have the AMG Sport pkg....but still not an AMG car...
Old 10-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Banned

S65
I saw a S63 re badged as an S65.

So sad..
Old 11-04-2007, 05:25 PM

2005 cl55
I'm new to this forum. I'm the proud owner of an 05 CL 55 and have come across many wannabes here within a few mile radius from where I live. I do have a funny story to share with you all that occured just a few weeks ago...
I was driving with my twelve year old daughter on the 605 southbound (socal)when a sweet black on black E55 pulls up next to me, we do the customary AMG acknowledgement nod and continue to enjoy our early Sunday morning cruise at approx 85mph then we both pull up on a CL poser. My daughter tells me "look daddy a car just like yours, how cool!", I can't control myself and I decide to teach her and the poser a very valuable lesson. That is never pretend to be someone you are not. Well, the E55 driver beats me to the punch and immediately pulls behind the poser, moves to his right and continues to ride right next to him. What am I to do? I have to join my AMG brother and have a little fun at this guy's expense as well. I pull up on his(poser) left and we have him completely flanked, no words or bad gestures were exchanged, none were needed. We keep riding this guy for another 3-4 miles and decide to show this guy what a real AMG car can do...leave him in the dust. A special thanks to the E55 driver for making my week.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:16 AM
SSS
Almost a Member!

2004 SL500
Who really cares if someone else decided they like the AMG badge and stick it on their trunks? It's their car, they can do whatever they want with it. Wouldn't you call a car a poser as well if it has all the AMG aero parts, wheels, but not the engine?

What does AMG mean anyways?
Old 11-05-2007, 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by SSS
Who really cares if someone else decided they like the AMG badge and stick it on their trunks? It's their car, they can do whatever they want with it. Wouldn't you call a car a poser as well if it has all the AMG aero parts, wheels, but not the engine?

What does AMG mean anyways?
OMFG....somewhere, a village is missing their idiot.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:05 AM

2004 S55 AMG
Originally Posted by Improviz
OMFG....somewhere, a village is missing their idiot.
+1...

...million!

I think we just found the exception to the "the only stupid question is the one that isn't asked". Combining it with that asinine comment made it a two-fer.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
Originally Posted by E55texas
I was at the local dealership today checkin out cars. All the new cars with the AMG sport package come with an AMG badge. So instead of starting all these ****ing poser i saw threads, contact MB and have them stop putting emblems on. Or just STFU it came from the factory like that. Unless it is an S500 with a CLK55 badge, STFU, keep it to yourself, nobody wants to read your stupid thread or see your dumb *** pictures.

This applies to all poser threads, not one in particular
dude...u need some prozac. Have a better day. ;-)

T
Old 11-06-2007, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
Originally Posted by FCB1
I'm new to this forum. I'm the proud owner of an 05 CL 55 and have come across many wannabes here within a few mile radius from where I live. I do have a funny story to share with you all that occured just a few weeks ago...
I was driving with my twelve year old daughter on the 605 southbound (socal)when a sweet black on black E55 pulls up next to me, we do the customary AMG acknowledgement nod and continue to enjoy our early Sunday morning cruise at approx 85mph then we both pull up on a CL poser. My daughter tells me "look daddy a car just like yours, how cool!", I can't control myself and I decide to teach her and the poser a very valuable lesson. That is never pretend to be someone you are not. Well, the E55 driver beats me to the punch and immediately pulls behind the poser, moves to his right and continues to ride right next to him. What am I to do? I have to join my AMG brother and have a little fun at this guy's expense as well. I pull up on his(poser) left and we have him completely flanked, no words or bad gestures were exchanged, none were needed. We keep riding this guy for another 3-4 miles and decide to show this guy what a real AMG car can do...leave him in the dust. A special thanks to the E55 driver for making my week.
GREAT IDEA Putting your daughter at risk!!!

T
Old 09-13-2008, 07:36 PM
Banned

German
fake S65

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/839388624.html
Old 09-16-2008, 07:18 AM

2003 E240
This thread is retarded. Everyone loves pictures of posers. Maybe you should STFU about hating on poser haters since it has basically become a poser hating thread.

Last edited by Scraz51; 09-16-2008 at 08:39 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS
Originally Posted by FCB1
AMG or not, he still was driving a car that was more expensive than yours. I guess you did have a laugh at his expense... he could afford it.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
W220 S65 AMG
Originally Posted by Ferri
AMG or not, he still was driving a car that was more expensive than yours. I guess you did have a laugh at his expense... he could afford it.
That makes no sense... did you actually R E A D what FCB1 said?
Old 09-16-2008, 12:47 PM

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS
Originally Posted by Oxygen
That makes no sense... did you actually R E A D what FCB1 said?
A CL costs a bit more than US$100K. A CLS55 is about US$90, that is all the sense I was trying to get. Ridiculing someone for a badge into his $100K that probably came from the dealer, that makes no sense!
Old 09-16-2008, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A CL costs a bit more than US$100K. A CLS55 is about US$90, that is all the sense I was trying to get. Ridiculing someone for a badge into his $100K that probably came from the dealer, that makes no sense!
Read again. Its a CL 55
Old 09-16-2008, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever there's gas in...
Where the hell did you get CLS vs CL?
Old 09-16-2008, 02:30 PM

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS
My bad everyone! I completely thought it was a CLS. In this case, my argument is null, rushed, and immature. Thankfully, I devote far sharper attention to my regular job, which is due diligence if you can believe it. I chalk this up to what's happening on the Street(s) today.
Thus, FCB1, have yourself a full-lunged laugh... :-) Just don't dragrace anymore when your daughter is in the car with you. Even I know that!
Old 09-17-2008, 05:04 AM

2003 E240
My bad everyone! I completely thought it was a CLS. In this case, my argument is null, rushed, and immature. Thankfully, I devote far sharper attention to my regular job, which is due diligence if you can believe it. I chalk this up to what's happening on the Street(s) today.
Thus, FCB1, have yourself a full-lunged laugh... :-) Just don't dragrace anymore when your daughter is in the car with you. Even I know that!
Haha good on you mate for not being a twit like most people become on the internet when they are just wrong. +1
Old 09-17-2008, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
MASSIVE EPIC FAIL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: ATTN: All poser haters.