S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Great News for Early S63's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 S63, black on black, Brabus S wheels, pana
I'm sorry folks....I've been travelling and did not get a chance to check this forum and reply.

As for the part number that the dealer ordered for the navi upgrade, they never disclosed to me what it was they actually ordered but I did give them the number provided by Eddie Knopp at the start of this thread:

BQ-6-46-0225 NTG 3

Since I didn't end up paying for it, I didn't get an invoice with any specific details of what was ordered for the upgrade.

The 3 options I had mentioned are only visible on the computer console once they connect it to the navi. You have to choose one of the options during the upgrade. I walked into the service bay while the head mechanic / electrician was going through the process (His name is "Guy" BTW - for those that wanted to know) and he showed me the options. After the upgrade is done, those options are not visible on the navi menu.

I talked to him early last week and he was still doing his reasearch on the software or hardware options available in order to make the DVD play while car is in motion. When I hear back from him, I will pass it on.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:17 AM

2007 S550 & 2005 S500 (both FULLY loaded incl. AMG sport package)
Originally Posted by Hambone
I'm sorry folks....I've been travelling and did not get a chance to check this forum and reply.

As for the part number that the dealer ordered for the navi upgrade, they never disclosed to me what it was they actually ordered but I did give them the number provided by Eddie Knopp at the start of this thread:

BQ-6-46-0225 NTG 3

Since I didn't end up paying for it, I didn't get an invoice with any specific details of what was ordered for the upgrade.

The 3 options I had mentioned are only visible on the computer console once they connect it to the navi. You have to choose one of the options during the upgrade. I walked into the service bay while the head mechanic / electrician was going through the process (His name is "Guy" BTW - for those that wanted to know) and he showed me the options. After the upgrade is done, those options are not visible on the navi menu.

I talked to him early last week and he was still doing his reasearch on the software or hardware options available in order to make the DVD play while car is in motion. When I hear back from him, I will pass it on.

Thanks a ton.....Looking forward to your inputs on this....
Old 12-20-2007, 12:32 PM

2007 S550 & 2005 S500 (both FULLY loaded incl. AMG sport package)
No inputs from Hambone, however, I recently learnt that the latest Nav update for the S Class (07 onwards) is ver. 5 from Navteq. Not sure whether the C55 uses the same. As regards DVD in motion I am waiting to get a heads up from "midcity engineering" to get it going. Here is what they wrote about getting the dealer to do it:-

There are two ways to approach your situation. First, there is an internal setting on your comand that the dealer can change - at the time of upgrade. The setting is called "DVD interrupt" and the tech would find it under "control unit adaptations".
There are three settings:
1.No DVD Playback
2. Playback in Park with praking brake set and
3. Playback under 5km/h (2 Mph). Once this one is selected the DVD will display in drive unless you move faster than 2mph.
If your vehicle is set to #2 then you can only watch DVD when in park mode.

I personally think that most dealers set it to #2 - though I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND WHY?!?!?!??!?!