S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

ABC Malfunction in S63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S63
Unhappy ABC Malfunction in S63

Hello- S63 still has new tags and already the ABC Malfunction light has come on. Sometimes it comes on and sometimes it doesn't.

I noticed when I turn the car on the driver's side goes up and makes a noise from the rear. I made a call and was told that it was normal and not to worry about the light?

Then, when I parked the car in my drive-way that's slightly uneven, the driver's side kept making pumping movements and wouldn't stop and the same noise continued.

I drove it to the dealer and the service personel informed me that I definitely needed to get it checked out. They've never had a S63 with that problem as of yet so it might take a while. Great.

Anyone with this issue or is this just user's error? HELP!
Old 09-14-2007, 11:45 PM
WSH
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 CL65
Sounds like ABC is screwed; would have a competent MB dealer look at it immediately as it is a critical safety issue (hopefully you have a good dealer in region...and good relationship w/dealer). Also, be sure to approach situation carefully to document issues (potential liabilities in any collision related to flawed dynamics/safety systems....or flawed initial repair/rpcmt of those systems) and make MBUSA aware in event this car qualifies as a lemon...or if you should be provided compensation for loss of use and safety risks entailed (malfunctioning ABC/ESP/ABS, etc are obviously far more serious than a glitchy nav system or sat radio).

That said, my anecdotal sense (have personally owned/driven several new CL's...550/600 and now 63 since launch, and each has been absolutely flawless in some 15K total mis of exuberant driving to-date; have numerous colleagues who share similar expces w/new CLs and S-Class) is these new-gen S/CLs are arguably most reliable, yet tech-intense, cars on planet today. Sorry to hear that you seem to have a problematic copy. Good luck.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S63
Thanks for the tip...

I called on Sat. morning. Service only deals with pick-ups but when I called, the service rep told me I should come in. I made him ride with me and of course, the light didn't come on once. He did notice the that the driver's side hydraulics/suspension was acting strange which was good.

He called today and said that they had to order a new pump for that side. It will be ready tomorrow. I hope that this isn't a reoccuring issue.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63BS, SL55, G55, C43
Originally Posted by BlackStallion
I called on Sat. morning. Service only deals with pick-ups but when I called, the service rep told me I should come in. I made him ride with me and of course, the light didn't come on once.
Don't worry. If an error orucced in the past it can be read out by star diagnose, so a good workshop should be able to pinpoint the problem.