S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Aftermarket extended warranty on a vehicle >50K miles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by zoomie
So you had two warrantees at one time?
No.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:36 AM

'11 S550 4Matic, '12 SL63 AMG, '13 ML350, '16 AMG GT-S Ed. 1,'03 Ford F-250
Originally Posted by Improviz
You bet!

Yeah, those guys are very strange. I wrote their owner up telling him that I was going to post about what happened, that I felt he had acted very unprofessinally, and that I felt they had lousy customer service...his response was basically a continuation: he made up some BS story about "travelling" on the day he wrote me, offered to call me back, and then blew me off when I responded to him within one hour of receiving his email...then, he basically accused me of lying, saying that his reps "always" told their customers of these changes.

I told him that she hadn't told me any such thing, and that frankly, after experiencing his "customer service" philosophy in action (or rather, inaction), I'm not very glad that she hadn't. I wouldn't buy a warranty for a tricycle from those guys after this nutty behavior...I can imagine how crappy they must be *after* the sale's been made if they're this lousy beforehand!

Interesting...I am receiving the same emails. This one is from Peter Leddington, supposed "owner of the company":

"I am travelling tomorrow and I will not be able to get a couple of things resolved until Friday." That was Friday 1/18/2008.

This is some from Lisa Chamberlin:
"Hi Brian,

I left you a voicemail. I am traveling today but I forwarded your email to the owner of our company. I am committed to finding out why this has happened. I will be back in the office tomorrow."

"Hi Brian,
I had forwarded your earlier email to the head of customer service to do some investigation. I will try another route."

I am planning on calling them today as I have given them 8 business days to respond, and nothing.

We should make an aftermarket warranty sticky post with members' experiences and contact names/phone numbers. Lets use our collective bargaining power to get results when members are experiencing poor service with aftermarket warranties.

Last edited by brianw430; 01-25-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by brianw430
Interesting...I am receiving the same emails. This one is from Peter Leddington, supposed "owner of the company":

"I am travelling tomorrow and I will not be able to get a couple of things resolved until Friday." That was Friday 1/18/2008.

This is some from Lisa Chamberlin:
"Hi Brian,

I left you a voicemail. I am traveling today but I forwarded your email to the owner of our company. I am committed to finding out why this has happened. I will be back in the office tomorrow."

"Hi Brian,
I had forwarded your earlier email to the head of customer service to do some investigation. I will try another route."

I am planning on calling them today as I have given them 8 business days to respond, and nothing.

We should make an aftermarket warranty sticky post with members' experiences and contact names/phone numbers. Lets use our collective bargaining power to get results when members are experiencing poor service with aftermarket warranties.
Man.....the more I see of this guy and his company in action, the more glad I get that I didn't engage in any business transactions with them! It's amazing...I agree with you on the sticky thread; hopefully it would keep others from getting screwed over!!
Old 01-29-2008, 10:19 PM

2002 s55 AMG
Ha. When all is said and done, does anyone have a company that they would highly recommend? Was looking at AWB but looks like most of you were left with a bad after-purchase experience...
Old 01-30-2008, 12:08 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 c230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
Originally Posted by kdmcash
Ha. When all is said and done, does anyone have a company that they would highly recommend? Was looking at AWB but looks like most of you were left with a bad after-purchase experience...
I stuck with Auto Warranty Brokers. They were the cheapest and they were one of the two top Mercury Insurance dealers in California. After emailing them about a question (after paying the down payment), they called me right up the next day to answer my question by phone. They seem pretty friendly and they're backed by Mercury, so all seems well.

I spoke to Mercury dealers directly and they weren't able to provide me coverage directly. I had a good chat with one of the reps there for a good 15 minutes and I'm pretty happy with my decision....

...but I haven't made a claim, so who knows what'll happen.

They will not check for receipts for oil changes (service) unless something big happens, like replacing the engine. Other stuff like someone mentioned above can be covered without backup paperwork.

Realize though that receipts for purchasing oil doesn't proove that it was serviced by a licensed tech. You need service receipts for full backup.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by zoomie
I stuck with Auto Warranty Brokers.
...but I haven't made a claim, so who knows what'll happen.
Well, as stated by him above, brianw430 made a claim, and they're stiffing him.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:31 PM

03 S55 AMG
Ext. Warranty

I bought an aftermarket one through my dealer (Fletcher Jones Chicago) when I bought my 03 S55 a little over a year ago and it's a 7 yr. 110K miles. It covers everything but wear and tear items and has a $100 deductible. I had to have my car taken in last week due to a faulty shift control module and broken shift knob/keyless go and they covered them both and are going to reimburse me $40 toward the cost of towing. I can't remember the company name exactly (Auto "something") but my first claim experience has been positive.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by 03MBAMGs
I bought an aftermarket one through my dealer (Fletcher Jones Chicago) when I bought my 03 S55 a little over a year ago and it's a 7 yr. 110K miles. It covers everything but wear and tear items and has a $100 deductible. I had to have my car taken in last week due to a faulty shift control module and broken shift knob/keyless go and they covered them both and are going to reimburse me $40 toward the cost of towing. I can't remember the company name exactly (Auto "something") but my first claim experience has been positive.
Just curious, I'm assuming that this is 7Y/110K mi from the date the vehicle was purchased when brand new, correct? Tia...
Old 01-30-2008, 02:58 PM

03 S55 AMG
Aftermarket Warranty

Yes it is 7 years and 110K from the original inservice date.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:01 PM

2002 s55 AMG
Originally Posted by 03MBAMGs
Please check the name for us