S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

viper kill

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 08:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
SL 63 W/B AMG , S600,C220
sound 8 rude

First you want to see pictures...Then it's Vin Numbers, what's next,
finger prints.
Resorting to insults is always a sign that porkies are being told.
O.K. you beat a Viper, but don't delude yourself, he let you win.
Let's just leave it at that.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 S55 AMG silver
Originally Posted by sound 8
First you want to see pictures...Then it's Vin Numbers, what's next,
finger prints.
Resorting to insults is always a sign that porkies are being told.
O.K. you beat a Viper, but don't delude yourself, he let you win.
Let's just leave it at that.
Never said anything about pictures.... you decided to post those on your own.

Don't want to see your VIN #'s either, cause you don't have them.

I didn't insulted you, merely stated that I don't believe you, based on the Juvenile post you have posted in this forums.

Every single one of your post has something negative to say about AMG, your stories are so vague and full of holes that are starting to look like swiss cheese and you actually think anyone here believes you?

You have been ridiculed more times than I can count, and you still insist to keep it up?

Last edited by iceman4149; 07-26-2008 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
old daily driver '07 E63(gone); new dd '14 750xi; 2013 Viper GTS
Where in NY are you located? I have been having a hard time meeting up with other forum members at E-town. Let's schedule a meet. Seems like most would rather spend time typing about stories than proving themselves (legally) at the track. JUst b/c someone raced on the street and beat him doesn't mean his car is faster.
Believe me, the Viper (GEN III '03-'06) is faster than any 65. But don't take my word, let's go to the track to determine. Until then it's just all b^llcrap.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sound 8 art of conversation

After your viper kill (why it's called kill is beyond me ) you verbally abuse any
forum members inc me that doubts your conquest.
Please have a little modesty!!
If you read your kill !! it is no wonder that there are doubts.
So I'm right there with him and holding back and he is at full throttle..
how do you know that? at the end you let him pass? and your not sure
what Viper it is!! lacks substance.
I am sorry you did not ask for pictures,that was another member, but you did mention vin Nos.
Why don't you except the challenge from 05VENOM he is pretty sure his Viper
is faster than a 65 let alone a 55.
If you reply please try not to call people names, it's not necessary.
I love Mercedes cars, but they are overpriced, unreliable, and main dealer
sales and service are rubbish but I would still buy them over BMW,Audi and Jaguar.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:54 PM

2003 S55 AMG silver
Originally Posted by 05VENOM
Where in NY are you located? I have been having a hard time meeting up with other forum members at E-town. Let's schedule a meet. Seems like most would rather spend time typing about stories than proving themselves (legally) at the track. JUst b/c someone raced on the street and beat him doesn't mean his car is faster.
Believe me, the Viper (GEN III '03-'06) is faster than any 65. But don't take my word, let's go to the track to determine. Until then it's just all b^llcrap.
I'm Not in NY.

I'll be more than glad to run you anytime if you want to come to Atlanta,
it will be fun.

Have a great day.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by iceman4149
Says the BMW M% owner, we all know in this forum that the M5 is the end all and be all of performance sedans....

And with all due respect, we are not talking about the E or sl55 for that matter, we are talking about the S55 amg, which anyone that has driven one at high speeds knows how stable, planted and not at all twitchy it is.

I have driven the M5 for a weekend from my car broker to see if it was a car that was going to fit my driving style, and unfortunately, although is a brilliant automobile is pretty much unusable in heavy traffic (atlanta) and you have to drive it like you stole it to get the "performance power" out of it.

And lets not even talk about the SMG transmission, that although super cool when you are driving spiritedly, is pretty unrefined and plain annoying in any of the lower non performance settings.

Quite frankly sir, two completely different cars, in class, size and purpose.
I didn't say the S55 was twitchy, it's just slow to react and numb with ponderous steering precision and brakes that have taken far too much morphine. If you need to make an emergency lane change at speed you can literally make a pot of tea while waiting for the rear end to follow the front. And yes I was talking about the E55 and SL55, both cars with more of a performance edge, especially the way the ones I've driven were modded.

Typical of you to throw out the typical M5 insults against the SMG etc, that's one fragile eggshell around your ego.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:43 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Why is this thread still alive?
Old 07-30-2008, 07:07 PM

2003 S55 AMG silver
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
I didn't say the S55 was twitchy, it's just slow to react and numb with ponderous steering precision and brakes that have taken far too much morphine. If you need to make an emergency lane change at speed you can literally make a pot of tea while waiting for the rear end to follow the front. And yes I was talking about the E55 and SL55, both cars with more of a performance edge, especially the way the ones I've driven were modded.

Typical of you to throw out the typical M5 insults against the SMG etc, that's one fragile eggshell around your ego.
Care to tell me how I insulted you?

You bought the car that fitted your needs, I bought the one that fitted mine.

No ego bruising here, I know I' not driving an F1 car, but to characterize the S55 AMG as slow and brakes that have take far too much morphine is disingenuous.

With 8 piston calipers and Braking from 60 in under 130 ft for a car that weighs 4411 lbs. To expect a car of this size to handle like your much lighter and nimble M5 is ludicrous.

We all know about BMW's renown chassis balance and how they handle, we also know that stock AMG's for the most part do not handle as well, but to come over here and say that AMG's handle badly and not expect a response is crazy.

Enjoy your M5 and let me enjoy my AMG, if I had wanted an M5 I would have bought one.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:43 PM

I'm Not in NY.

it will be fun.

Have a great day.
ATLANTA!!! Don't know why I thought you were from NY.
Anyway, I am just talking from personal experience. I don't doubt you beat a Viper in a street race. I don't street race. Reason being 1.) it is illegal 2.) too many uncontrollable variables and mainly 3.) I live 20 minutes from E-town. That being said, I never had a problem with an S55. Stock vs stock it is just not faster than a GenIII Viper. Still though it is one heck of a fast 4-door. Just rather my lighter, more nimble E63.

I wont be in Atlanta any time soon (will be at MIR Nov 15), but feel free to send some of that warm weather up north. Regards

Last edited by 05VENOM; 07-30-2008 at 10:45 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
I don't understand the problem here. We all understand that:

1. If you do not know how to drive, you can be beaten even in a Veyron. Having power is one thing. Knowing how to use it is another.

2. This could have very well happened, and older Viper could be beaten, Venom even stated that earlier.

3. Sound 8, where are you located? What country I mean. It seems odd, that you think MB's are thrash and own 4 of them? Something does not sound right.

4. Iceman just posted a kill, and I am sure he did not expect to be judged and hanged on the safety or lack thereof.

All I can say is kudos Iceman, and some people need to relax.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sound 8 where

Hi I live in the UK.
I am looking for the perfect car, the Merc comes the closest. 6 years ago
I was told I had a prolapsed disc, so hard rides were a no no. And no more
squash ( hard ball!) which caused it. I have had over 30 cars in the last
6 years, lost a bit of money but I'd rather have a car then a big bank balance.
I have ruined cars modifying them. Why do we always want more, if you have got 500 bhp you want 600, if you have 4 pot calipers you want 6, and you want it an inch lower and stiffer. What does this give you, a noisier engine
with a shorter life, brakes that don't work when cold at lower speed, and a ride that will wear you out, while the tuning firms get richer. I doubt if there
is anybody 100% happy with their car apart from people who buy just to get from a to b.So when we argue which car is best, then it's down to personal
taste. A BMW is sportier than a Merc in most cases, but my Mercs are rock steady at 120mph, and fast lane changes are done with ease, however an M5
would leave me on a twisty road or rounabouts, but the Merc is far more
comfortable. In a straight line drag you would have to have something special
to beat an AMG or 600. I am sorry if I upset ICEMAN but all my friends give
me bull**t about their conquests and I doubted him. Next time take that
camera...and Good Luck.

Last edited by sound 8; 07-31-2008 at 02:53 PM. Reason: more text
Old 08-01-2008, 09:41 AM

2003 S55 AMG silver
ATLANTA!!! Don't know why I thought you were from NY.
Anyway, I am just talking from personal experience. I don't doubt you beat a Viper in a street race. I don't street race. Reason being 1.) it is illegal 2.) too many uncontrollable variables and mainly 3.) I live 20 minutes from E-town. That being said, I never had a problem with an S55. Stock vs stock it is just not faster than a GenIII Viper. Still though it is one heck of a fast 4-door. Just rather my lighter, more nimble E63.

I wont be in Atlanta any time soon (will be at MIR Nov 15), but feel free to send some of that warm weather up north. Regards
Definitely brother! I will send you all the warm weather you want, god knows we have plenty, it's been miserable here lately.

Thanks for not doubting me, people like you that actually own one knows that the Viper and the Zo6 vette (I use to own one) are not the easiest cars to drive, yes they are fast, but you have to know what you are doing.

I know that street racing is not the smartest thing to do, but I just simply could not help myself, as opposed to many other 55 models and other sports cars, many people simply just don't know what an s55 AMG is therefore I rarely get the opportunity to have some fun with my car.

If you take in consideration what the S55 AMG really is, a vehicle that weighs almost 5,000 lbs and is a full size car, I'm just amazed at the kind of performance we are talking about in a straight line highway race, that you can keep up and even beat 95% of the dedicated sports car out there is no small feat, and as far as I know MB is the only one playing in this field for less than 150K.

To be honest I haven't driven the E63 yet, I have driven the E55, but my needs required bigger sedans now, because I have to drive clients around at times, and let's face it, my portly clients would feel a little cramped in the E.

There was a time when I owned cars with no back seats, that was a requirement, I hated anything with more than 2 doors, but times change and now I own 2 super large vehicles and wanted to get something at least with the straight line performance of a super car.

Have a great day.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:24 PM

... the Viper and the Zo6 vette (I use to own one) are not the easiest cars to drive,

....I know that street racing is not the smartest thing to do, but I just simply could not help myself,
I understand the temptation to street race. Whether in the myViper or 63, every other person that stops next to me at a light wants to give it a go.

There certainly is a learning curve to launching these cars. Believe it or not I take the 63 to the track much more than the Viper. I could have 10 passes in the Viper with drastically different ET's (miss a gear or bog the launch and as much as a 1-1.5 sec difference) I could have 10 passes in the 63 all within .2 SEC of each other. It is more fun ( and predictable racing the 63). But when you do hook up at the line and shift perfectly in the Viper the thrill cannot be matched.

PS Looks like that warm weather will arrive by Sat. here ......thanks!!
Old 08-01-2008, 05:51 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Old 08-01-2008, 07:59 PM

CL500 and ML55
I'm Not in NY.

it will be fun.

Have a great day.

I live in Roswell....also have an 03 Viper.
The S55 is an awesome car no doubt.
But I think the Viper you ran was driven by a guy that was either afraid of the car or did not know how to use it to it's full potential.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:47 AM

2003 S55 AMG silver
Originally Posted by Chauss
I live in Roswell....also have an 03 Viper.
The S55 is an awesome car no doubt.
But I think the Viper you ran was driven by a guy that was either afraid of the car or did not know how to use it to it's full potential.
Cool man!

We can meet on 400 on night late with no traffic and go for a little run.

Just PM me and let me know.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:53 AM

2003 S55 AMG silver
I understand the temptation to street race. Whether in the myViper or 63, every other person that stops next to me at a light wants to give it a go.

There certainly is a learning curve to launching these cars. Believe it or not I take the 63 to the track much more than the Viper. I could have 10 passes in the Viper with drastically different ET's (miss a gear or bog the launch and as much as a 1-1.5 sec difference) I could have 10 passes in the 63 all within .2 SEC of each other. It is more fun ( and predictable racing the 63). But when you do hook up at the line and shift perfectly in the Viper the thrill cannot be matched.

PS Looks like that warm weather will arrive by Sat. here ......thanks!!
And you know what 1 to 1.5 seconds equate to in car lengths in a race, the car can only do so much, the rest is up to the driver, and the straight line numbers are so close between the viper and the 55's that if you don't know how to drive, you simply are going to loose, just because the 55's are easier to drive.

Glad to see you are going to get some warm weather this weekend, hope we get some cooler weather here.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:43 PM

CL500 and ML55
Cool man!

We can meet on 400 on night late with no traffic and go for a little run.

Just PM me and let me know.

PM sent
Old 08-02-2008, 02:49 PM

2003 S55 AMG silver
pm recieved and replied.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sound 8 end

Is this the right room for an argument?
Iv'e told you before !!
No you haven't !!
Yes I have.....sorry is the 5 minute or the full half hour !!!

Python rules...

don't try, it's over your head..
Old 08-07-2008, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
I am confused....the pic Iceman offered was of a Gen II viper with 415-450hp. Did I miss something...or does he now think he beat a Gen III Viper with 500hp? If he races the Gen III Viper in a stock S55....does that make it an "assisted-suicide kill" for the Viper?

Tom
Old 08-19-2008, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sound 8 race

Well has this race on the 400 taken place? if so what was the outcome.
And Tom, you have a CL65 did you have a M5 before.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:43 PM

2003 S55 AMG silver
No it has not happened yet, and I doubt it will.

Chaus does not want to race on the streets which is the smart thing to do, but there is not really a place where we can race safely.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Yup, I had a 2002 Lemans Blue M5...then an Audi RS6....then a Jeep GC SRT8..then the 2005 CL65. I used to be able to say I was addicted to V8's (I had 5 Mustangs previously with V8's). Now I just say I am addicted to torque.

Tom
Old 08-21-2008, 09:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sound 8 shame

Surely you guys can find a really quiet piece of road to carry this out.
I am excited to see the result, and of course I want the Merc to win.
And Tom, I presume your M5 was not the current version?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: viper kill