S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

viper kill

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 10:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 S55 AMG silver
viper kill

Hi board,

Just wanted to share my kill story from today.

So the girlfriend and I are driving to Florida from Atlanta, on I-75, luggage in the trunk, dog in the carrier in the back seat ect.

When we come up on a dodge viper srt 10, and I am excited because in all the time I've had my s55 I've never had a worthy opponent, so I get next to him and he won't even look at me, I slip into third match his speed, I'm on the left lane he is in the middle lane we are coming into traffic so I slow down and let him merge and he gets on it, so I'm right there with him and holding back as he is at full throtle, I flash my lights at him to let him know to move over and let me pass, at this point we are doing 130, but he won't admit defeat so I move over one lane to the right and pass him, I look at the speedo we are doing 140, had 1 1/2 car lenth on him at 155, we slowed down, and he tried 2 more times same outcome, then I let him pass.

He never once looked over, probably pretty perplex on how a 4 door family car, just got destroyed.

I'm not going to lie and say how surprise I was that I beat the viper and blah, blah, blah..... I'm well aware of how strong the SC engines are on how capable the s55 is on long straight open road is.

Thanks for the opportunity to share.
The following users liked this post:
principledchiro (04-15-2017)
Old 05-20-2008, 07:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 ///AMG
Nice kill. I've only tangled with an older one (really flat looking model) and it was no contest as I pulled him very hard.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08' BMW E92 Coupe
Damn, that's awesome!
Old 05-21-2008, 06:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Honestly, I do not see how this could have happened. The Viper should have had the edge if driven correctly. But in this case, nice kill!
Old 05-21-2008, 06:47 PM

that red one
This is so wrong on so many levels...first of all doing supposedly 155 mph with your girlfriend AND your dog in the car? Brilliant . And second, I find it very difficult to believe.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

1999 C280 Previous / 2008 E350
I have test drive these S55 machines and its fast but against a Dodge Viper.... hmmmm I don't know. Anyways anything can happen, great run
Old 05-21-2008, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
S is heavy so would've thought you'd need a 65 to do this. Regardless, you said you did so who am I to argue.

Originally Posted by iceman4149
Hi board,

Just wanted to share my kill story from today.

So the girlfriend and I are driving to Florida from Atlanta, on I-75, luggage in the trunk, dog in the carrier in the back seat ect.

When we come up on a dodge viper srt 10, and I am excited because in all the time I've had my s55 I've never had a worthy opponent, so I get next to him and he won't even look at me, I slip into third match his speed, I'm on the left lane he is in the middle lane we are coming into traffic so I slow down and let him merge and he gets on it, so I'm right there with him and holding back as he is at full throtle, I flash my lights at him to let him know to move over and let me pass, at this point we are doing 130, but he won't admit defeat so I move over one lane to the right and pass him, I look at the speedo we are doing 140, had 1 1/2 car lenth on him at 155, we slowed down, and he tried 2 more times same outcome, then I let him pass.

He never once looked over, probably pretty perplex on how a 4 door family car, just got destroyed.

I'm not going to lie and say how surprise I was that I beat the viper and blah, blah, blah..... I'm well aware of how strong the SC engines are on how capable the s55 is on long straight open road is.

Thanks for the opportunity to share.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:21 PM

2003 S55 AMG silver
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
Honestly, I do not see how this could have happened. The Viper should have had the edge if driven correctly. But in this case, nice kill!
This are the times I wished I carried a camera in my car, because every time some one post a kill on this boards there all always people questioning the validity of the story.

Don't get me wrong, if is an outlandish story then feel free to rip that person a new one, but why is it so hard to believe that an s55 can hand a viper their ***.

The Viper was a gen 3 viper the model before the new body style, and it was clear that I beat him, no fluke we went at it 3 times and the last time we went to 155 mph when I shut it down and I had him by 1 1/2 car lengths.

I don't feel the need to get validated here, and you guys are more than welcome to belief or disbelief the story, I was very excited about it and decided to share here.

As far as driven properly or not, this is what I think....

Is not up to me to teach my opponent how to drive his/her car, a race is race and if you get beat, because you don't know how to drive that is another story.

I know I have no chance on twisty roads or a track, but my car is not a purpose built car like the viper is, the s55 is a family sedan (albeit a seriously fast one) and we where on the highway on a very long straight, freshly paved stretch and I whooped him 3 times.

I'm not delusional, there is one constant in the world and that is that there is always some one faster than you out there and s55 is not the fastest car in the world, but I take pleasure in my victory specially with the screaming GF and the dog in the back seat.
The following users liked this post:
principledchiro (04-15-2017)
Old 05-21-2008, 08:27 PM

2003 S55 AMG silver
Originally Posted by JRAMGV8
I have test drive these S55 machines and its fast but against a Dodge Viper.... hmmmm I don't know. Anyways anything can happen, great run
Test driven?

I'm going to tell you this about the S55.... I test drove mine and I fell in love with the acceleration, but seriously there is no way you can grasp how fast this car really is unless you have lived with the car for a while, speacially at speeds above 150, how this car just keeps pulling and how stable it is at those speeds.

A short test drive is really no indication on the capability of a car.

Last edited by iceman4149; 05-21-2008 at 08:29 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:27 PM

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Nice job! I think many people do not think the S55 is as strong as it is. I use to have a Z06 which was really fast but I would think my S55 would be a good fight. It is an amazingly strong machine. I certainly don't regret my decision of getting one even at 4.00/gallon.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:32 PM

2003 S55 AMG silver
Originally Posted by DRTYLNDY
Nice job! I think many people do not think the S55 is as strong as it is. I use to have a Z06 which was really fast but I would think my S55 would be a good fight. It is an amazingly strong machine. I certainly don't regret my decision of getting one even at 4.00/gallon.
I completely agree with you, and thanks.

I also use to own a Z06, love the car, hated the reliability of it. Also I know this car is faster than my old Z06, and rides better at speeds also.

Also what I really like is that it feels like a tank at those speeds and relatively quiet.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
speacially at speeds above 150, how this car just keeps pulling and how stable it is at those speeds.

A short test drive is really no indication on the capability of a car.
It is quick for its size but don't think any of the 55k cars, apart from the SLR, are particularly stable above 130mph.

Nice run though
Old 05-21-2008, 09:20 PM

2003 S55 AMG silver
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
It is quick for its size but don't think any of the 55k cars, apart from the SLR, are particularly stable above 130mph.

Nice run though
Thank you,

I personally have not experience instability at these speeds, also aren't this cars designed to be autobahn cruisers?
Old 05-21-2008, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Thank you,

I personally have not experience instability at these speeds, also aren't this cars designed to be autobahn cruisers?
They are and mine does feel stable enough but still floaty compared to M-cars and P-cars which have better under car aero aids like rear diffusers and more tuned suspension. Doesn't stop the W220 being a blast though and great to shock ppl in our limos!
Old 05-21-2008, 11:03 PM

2003 S55 AMG silver
Originally Posted by transferred
They are and mine does feel stable enough but still floaty compared to M-cars and P-cars which have better under car aero aids like rear diffusers and more tuned suspension. Doesn't stop the W220 being a blast though and great to shock ppl in our limos!
Absolutly, AMG and the new M5's are so understated and look so much like their more mundane brethren that it takes a true enthusiast to tell the difference, and there lies the appeal and the irresistable drawn that I have for this cars.

To be able to see the face of some guy in an iconic sports car in our Luxo barges and to smoke them in the process is exhilarating to say the least.

One thing that you are also going to find is that if you had faced the same viper as I did, the outcome would have been the same specially with that sweet high reving v10 your car has, what really made me mad about the guy was that he would not move over to let me pass while I was clearly holding back and doing light changes at him, he ran out of steam while I still had plenty left, and those huge rear tires of his kicking all that road grit onto my baby.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Does Your S55 AMG have any aftermarket software as the Stock ME control unit is limited to 130mph unless one removes the limiter or upgrades the ME software
Old 05-22-2008, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
Well after reading the title of this thread I knew already this guy would have a lot of doubters out there. so i will post my out come of a race i had w/ a viper in Sacramento CA.

From stop lite I pulled him bad. held lead for atleast 3-4 blocks as we came down a down hill right hander I got out of it a little cause my butt was starting to pucker,(wich means I'm on the ragged edge for this fat *** E55)
he caught up and we were even ti'll stop light in wich he basically bowed down to the mighty E55 and gave me the props i deserved and drove off.

Last edited by BMWEATR; 05-23-2008 at 12:41 AM.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:22 PM

2003 S55 AMG silver
Originally Posted by MARK CUMMINS
Does Your S55 AMG have any aftermarket software as the Stock ME control unit is limited to 130mph unless one removes the limiter or upgrades the ME software
uhhh, AMG vehicles are limited to 155, but for some reason mine goes to 163 before the limiter shuts down the fun.

To answer your question, my vehicle is completely stock.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
uhhh, AMG vehicles are limited to 155, but for some reason mine goes to 163 before the limiter shuts down the fun.

To answer your question, my vehicle is completely stock.

NOT all AMGs in the USA have the 155MPH Limiter
Old 05-23-2008, 01:59 PM

2003 S55 AMG silver
NOT all AMGs in the USA have the 155MPH Limiter
Which ones don't? C55, E55, S55, SL55 even the ML55 are all limited at 155MPH

The 63's are all limited to 155, and can be raised to 186 with the 030 performance pkg option.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks.
Old 05-23-2008, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
I dont doubt that you handed him his ***...The S55 w/blower is incredibly quick..whether it's a saloon or not.

I drove a Dodge Viper SRT-10 a few months back EXTENSIVELY and was not inmpressed...torque curve was very flat imo and was nothing special...

On that note, good work and I agree that even though a car MAY be able to beat another, it doesnt mean it is going to...IF you have a fast car and dont know how to drive it, thats the drivers problem..You cant just say that you won because you think that in an ideal situation you would...reality is that every day street racing isn't ideal, and whoever prevails overcame the inherent limitations...

ONCE AGAIN - GREAT WORK
Old 05-23-2008, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
FALSE...most stock cars are limited to 131...as is my e350 4-matic.

However, all AMG's are factory limited to 155.

The rub lies in the fact that 030 cars are de-limited to 186.

Get your assumptions right before you present them as fact..hmmhmm BUSH

Ur making an *** out of u and me (hence the spelling of assume)
Old 05-23-2008, 05:11 PM

2003 S55 AMG silver
Originally Posted by WWMIndy
FALSE...most stock cars are limited to 131...as is my e350 4-matic.

However, all AMG's are factory limited to 155.

The rub lies in the fact that 030 cars are de-limited to 186.

Get your assumptions right before you present them as fact..hmmhmm BUSH

Ur making an *** out of u and me (hence the spelling of assume)
AMEN!
Old 05-23-2008, 07:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
This are the times I wished I carried a camera in my car, because every time some one post a kill on this boards there all always people questioning the validity of the story.

Don't get me wrong, if is an outlandish story then feel free to rip that person a new one, but why is it so hard to believe that an s55 can hand a viper their ***.

The Viper was a gen 3 viper the model before the new body style, and it was clear that I beat him, no fluke we went at it 3 times and the last time we went to 155 mph when I shut it down and I had him by 1 1/2 car lengths.

I don't feel the need to get validated here, and you guys are more than welcome to belief or disbelief the story, I was very excited about it and decided to share here.

As far as driven properly or not, this is what I think....

Is not up to me to teach my opponent how to drive his/her car, a race is race and if you get beat, because you don't know how to drive that is another story.

I know I have no chance on twisty roads or a track, but my car is not a purpose built car like the viper is, the s55 is a family sedan (albeit a seriously fast one) and we where on the highway on a very long straight, freshly paved stretch and I whooped him 3 times.

I'm not delusional, there is one constant in the world and that is that there is always some one faster than you out there and s55 is not the fastest car in the world, but I take pleasure in my victory specially with the screaming GF and the dog in the back seat.

First off, I'd like you to explain what you mean by Gen 3 before the new body style? the Gen 3 IS the new body style. I love both cars, but im sorry, a stock S55 cannot beat a Viper. Now, if you possibly raced a Gen 2 viper, then that could explain that you beat it. But since you just said the Gen before the new body style you either 1. Dont know about Vipers, or 2. made a typo.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:45 PM

S430 Sold :(
Nice Kill....I dont know why people here get so bent out of shape. If he beat a viper he beat viper. Congratulate him and move on. He is the only one who knows if he beat him or not. I doubt he would come on here and post a lie about it. lets move on.....Just my 2 cents

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: viper kill