S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

ABC Active Body Control Recall fix causes all hell to break loose!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 06:38 PM

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
2007 S600
Originally Posted by Viet_Amg408
yeah i did....and i learn alot of things along..
now, i think one of my pressure sensor fail. i keep getting white abc light every now and then..

damn it...
Cumon now, your learning and having fun!
Old 06-23-2019, 11:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes S55Amg
Originally Posted by KleemanML
I went to the dealer for a factory recall for the ABC high pressure hose replacement. A few days after, the ABC Drive Carefully light came on the screen in bright red. After bringing the car back to the dealer, they said the the new "higher pressure" hose caused the system to start leaking at all the weak points". I've had this car for a while and right when they install this hose, it starts leaking like crazy. Now they are telling me that 2 hoses are leaking. One in the front driver side and one up in the center of the bottom of the engine. They said that 2nd hose alone will cost $4k to fix because they need to drop the tranny to get to it. Has this ever happened to anyone? I wasn't warned that this would be a consequence of getting this new replacement installed. I wish I never let them touch it. They also told me that I could call MBUSA and file a complaint. Will this work? I know its worth a try but has anyone ever tried this? Does anyone have any ideas or advice? Much appreciated!
I have a Mercedes s55 AMG that has the ABC hydraulic leak as well I read through a lot of these posts and numerous other places that this is an issue that sounds like a class action lawsuit or a recall that needs to happen with Mercedes this is ridiculous that they made a faulty part like this.
Old 06-24-2019, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 455 Likes on 339 Posts
222 S-65
Originally Posted by MrsLisa Daniels
I have a Mercedes s55 AMG that has the ABC hydraulic leak as well I read through a lot of these posts and numerous other places that this is an issue that sounds like a class action lawsuit or a recall that needs to happen with Mercedes this is ridiculous that they made a faulty part like this.
Ten year old thread. I'd sure have been in Mercedes' grille had my 2006 been having issues as described in 2009 and MB told me to pound sand. Alas... My 2008 is 11 years old and has needed a hose and (currently) has a L/F ABC strut that will drip on the hoist... But does not leak (at all!) with weight of the car on it. With 94,000 miles on it.

Your 220 Chassis car has more hydraulic ABC issues then we see in 221 cars which have more issues then 222 cars.
Mercedes has updated many parts as weaknesses were identified.
This is why it makes sense to not buy the first model year of an 'All new' car.
Or in the case of a system like ABC the first series of cars produced with it.