S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Test Drive of 03 S55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey......

DNA3D- I think you gave the reason of why the M5 was chosen in this test very well! The fact is the E55 feels to calm at high speeds and you loose a lot of the sensation of speed and ultimately is not as thrilling. Now the reason I beleive this is done is first because Merecedes lets face it........has always made a little more soft (suspension) and less involved cars. The second reason being that this car was built to be primarly a high speed cruiser than a canyon carver. The reason the M5 appeals is because it is more of a challenge at higher speeds and more of an event and overall more thrilling. The M5 is more of an involved and versatile car (capable of cruising, tracking, canyon carving, around town.....everything). I think the testers of one article I read said it best "it is possible to have to much of something" that being power.

In the end I am not taking anything away from an 03' E55, it is a great car. But the M5 has proven itself to be more driver involved and appeal to many enthusiasts. Go over to www.bmwm5.com and you will not hear one owner complain about their car!

Oh yeah I may be a little biased.....check my signature

Later Guys.