S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Any of u guys thinking of getting the new Bentley Mulsanne Sedan? Pics added....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 SL 55 Black/Black w/mods from Eurocharged/Kleemann/BuckheadImports
Post Any of u guys thinking of getting the new Bentley Mulsanne Sedan? Pics added....

Old 03-24-2010, 09:45 PM

2000 Mercedes Benz S500 Designo
God that beats the pants off of any designo interior I've ever seen!
Old 03-25-2010, 09:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02 S55
Gorgeous car, especially when viewed quarter on to the rear. The picture on the overlook with the water behind is striking.

However, looks butt-ugly from the front. Reminds me of a Triumph bug-eye'd Sprite.

For some years, I've not been impressed with the headlamp design/implementation on Bentley vehicles. I don't know what would look better, mind you, but I know I don't like what I see...

Still and all, if I had the $, or someone gifted me with one, I wouldn't turn it down. (Actually, if I had the $, I'd probably be more content knowing I could own one).
Old 03-25-2010, 10:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GL550
call me insane, but for this type of $ I would rather have the Ghost. And the interior really doesnt do it for me all that much... I guess I am younger and prefer more techno interiors vs. old school... but given their target market, they are right on.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:36 PM

S55 AMG '06
Beautiful car. Three things I don't like. 1) steering wheel is awful compared to the rest of the interior. They need to "sport" it up, as they are clearly trying to make this a bit more aggressive, while remaining elegant. 2) gear shift looks pretty Jaguaresque...for this kind of money, they can make it something that I want to hold on to. Again, going along with the aggressive yet elegant theme. 3) how is it possible to not have a rear entertainment package with that kind of back seat?? For a stately car like this, I'd expect not only that, but internet capability on the screen as well.

I'd buy it if I had that kind of disposable income for sure, but that's my 2 pennies worth.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A Mercedes obviously!
Originally Posted by peebs1
how is it possible to not have a rear entertainment package with that kind of back seat?? For a stately car like this, I'd expect not only that, but internet capability on the screen as well.
I think you misunderstand the Bentley demographic, rappers and Stephen Ireland not withstanding.

Bentleys aren't supposed to be high tech vehicles, they're about being wafted around in, maybe with the odd turbocharger chucked in for a bit of oompf.

I think it looks fantastic although the front headlights look a bit odd. If I was going to drop close to $300k on a car then I'd certainly be looking at this.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:04 PM

S55 AMG '06
Originally Posted by Fraser
I think you misunderstand the Bentley demographic, rappers and Stephen Ireland not withstanding.

Bentleys aren't supposed to be high tech vehicles, they're about being wafted around in, maybe with the odd turbocharger chucked in for a bit of oompf.

I think it looks fantastic although the front headlights look a bit odd. If I was going to drop close to $300k on a car then I'd certainly be looking at this.

I appreciate your point of view, but I'd say it's quite the opposite. I hardly think they decided on a insanely aggressive front grill, 20+" aggressive wheels, large chrome exhausts, gobs of HP, and the prowl stance (low slung read roof) of this car if they weren't specifically targeting a younger demographic. I'd bet good money that says the demographic for this, and all other Bentleys has come down substantially in the past 10 years, and is probably in the 40-50 range. In the US, that's a still a very tech conscious demo. Maybe in England there are still stuffy 75yr old mansion owners having their mustard, but the US market doesn't match. I think you'd have to explain why the car was made so aggressive if you truly believe that tech minded younger demo isn't who they are targeting. The $200k S65 isn't too far off the mark, and nor is the Maybach, and you can see the use of technology in their cars. In fact, MB finally caved to the masses by introducing the rear entertainment in the US on their 2010 S class. Now Rolls Royce...you may have a better point, but Bentley has been moving towards the cutting edge of technology for many years. The Continental GT is a prime example. The success of that and the Flying Spur is the reason why you see a very aggressive car in the pictures above.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
I love it. Also, I think its great that it doesn't have tv's or internet or whatever in there. This is a bentley. If you want all that techno junk, you can get an Ls460 or an S550.

also, it may be more aggressive than the Roller, but its hardly what I would call an aggressive vehicle.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:19 PM

E CLASS
GROUP BUY...ANYONE?
Old 03-28-2010, 01:27 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Mercedes S55 AMG
Really nice car - but for some reason, I felt the last Bentley Brooklands coupe is a bit more "Bentley" and has more presence as a real Bentley. This kind of looks like a hyper Flying Spur/Audi A8L with a bodykit.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible, 2014 Kia Sorento SXL AWD
Originally Posted by Fraser

Then why did they make the Continental Supersports?