S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Oil/Fluid Leak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 06:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MERCEDES BENZ S55 AMG
Oil/Fluid Leak

I have owned this car from new and now have only 45,000 kms on the clock. This has been the best luxury sedan I have ever owned other than an Audi S8 Quattro and Mercedes Benz CLK 430. The other cars have not been so difficult to part from but this S55 is in my blood line! I think it is the best kept performance secret that many do not know. The performance and thundering power output is unmatched. I decided to purchase the S55 over the new BMW 745il simply because the S55 is so much of a performance car than many of it's competitors, even when parked! It is handsome, masculine and luxurious, which is the exact desire. Press teh sport selections and the power to suspension and weight balance is incredible! It becomes an animal!
I have not done any modifications to the car from New. Completely stock! I have had it serviced by a Mercedes Benz Dealer in Houston regardless of time, mileage or costs. New Michelin tyres, new brakes, discs, oil changes and major services as needed.
I have now brought the car over into East Africa for a temporary 2 year business stay and have found that this is the only one here! The engine cc is larger than that of the president,s Mercedes! There are many FAKE ones with S55 AMG badges on S320s! But many complement the condition of the car! The roads here are really not for these types of cars yet but much is being improved quickly to provide smooth roads.
However, this is the first time I have had a situation of immense concern with the S55. Yesterday morning, I started the car and moved it onto the garage. I experienced the transmission from Park to Drive mode was a little unusual as it was slightly sticky to remove from Park. There seemed to be a shift but it engaged into Drive easily. This morning I have just noticed a pool of pink fluid on the garage floor under the engine bay behind the engine bay area. At first instant, I realised it was Petosin fluid as I had just replaced some on my E320. I checked the spill on the floor and does not have any grinded metal composites in it. I checked all the fluid reserviors and found that the power steering fluid reservior was empty. The ABC fluid is in plenty. When the engine is turned on, there is no humming noise from the steering neither is there any screen messages for ABC or any CODES. The suspension is normal. But I noticed some smoke from the driver's side near the ABC reservior. Perhaps this is from the transmission area as the leak is just between the engine bay and the passenger cabin wall. Do not know exactly where from as the under pan is still attached. I was unable to check the transmission oil as I do not know how to check without going to the dealer. I thought that this leak may also be because of the 13 pin adapter on the transmission but have not been able to confirm that as well. But am also guessing that this may be the power steering unit. Really unsure.
The dealer here is well equipped and has a modern operation. I am inclined to have the car flat bedded for the attention but would really appreciate it if anyone can share any critical information of the above problems. There is a tendnancy of being lied to about many things here to obtain money from expensive car owners. This will just prepare me.