S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

nice s65 on ebay Flint Grey--pretty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 12:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 ML350 1987 Buick GN 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 2006 Mercedes S65
Hi guys! Im new to this forum but not to Mercedes Benz as I have worked at a MB Dealership as a MB Master Tech and ASE Master Tech for over 5 years. I ended up buying this car from Mark in FL a few days ago and cant wait until I get it here in Cali. It must be a small world because I was looking for information about modding an S65 (I have dealt with mostly stock repairs and some Kleeman/Rentech repairs) but I have never actually priced aftermarket parts for these cars. And to my surprise I find a thread about the car I bought. Small world. But anyways, since we are talking about this car, what websites are there out there that have mods for this car? Any CAI kits, headers, exhausts, bigger turbos, etc, etc. I also have an 87 Buick Grand National so Im pretty familiar with turbo charged cars. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks fellas!
Old 06-03-2010, 07:21 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 s65. Ford Excursion 6.0. Pontiac GTO convertible. Porsche 944 Turbo SCCA car. Wife-E550 and 968
Originally Posted by mbelite1
Hi guys! Im new to this forum but not to Mercedes Benz as I have worked at a MB Dealership as a MB Master Tech and ASE Master Tech for over 5 years. I ended up buying this car from Mark in FL a few days ago and cant wait until I get it here in Cali. It must be a small world because I was looking for information about modding an S65 (I have dealt with mostly stock repairs and some Kleeman/Rentech repairs) but I have never actually priced aftermarket parts for these cars. And to my surprise I find a thread about the car I bought. Small world. But anyways, since we are talking about this car, what websites are there out there that have mods for this car? Any CAI kits, headers, exhausts, bigger turbos, etc, etc. I also have an 87 Buick Grand National so Im pretty familiar with turbo charged cars. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks fellas!
Welcome. I've got a flint grey S65 also. I think that stage one software and drag radials would be a good place to start... you can search this forum for info on software. Renntech offers a handheld programmer so you can flash back to stock, but it is hella lotta money. The programmer is great for dealer issues, but since you are a tech, fixing the car will be a different proposition for you than for anyone else. I am not sure if anyone else has the handheld programmer for this car, most of the posts I see involve them doing your software remotely or onsite.

I had my drag wheels custom made to fit the offsets by CCW and haven't done software yet so I'm interested in who you end up picking. This is a great website for info, a number of people have done software and other mods. As you are well aware, parts are exponentially more expensive than on the GN. I'd do stage one, drags, and not risk blowing up the motor or tranny. New engine for GN=new wheels for S. New engine for S= 2 GN's ! Enjoy!
Old 06-03-2010, 05:09 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
1987 Buick GNX,SL65 Black, 1987 Buick Turbo Limited, 2010 GT500
Hey Vic

NO HEADERS NO CAI NOTHING LIKE THAT...THIS IS A MODERN DAY SUPERCAR..NOT A GN OR A CAMARO.......lol...I have owned 30 plus TR'S...these cars are a drifferent yet much cooler breed....and require very little since they are already supercars to begin with...a S65 stock has more then twice the torque then a GN.......ofcourse a S65 weighs 1000 lbs more...but dont let that fool you....the torque on a 65 comes in at 1800 rpm and really doesnt go anywhere but forward...lol

ALL YOU NEED IS A TUNE...call Jerry with LET after you get the car...it will be shipping out tommorow...he will give you a deal...

You need nothing more...TRUST ME....nothing more..and besides you cant do much more anyway worth the money .....

You can research Jerry on here...
Old 06-03-2010, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
One thing for sure,an '06 S65 has to be the ultimate sleeper bar none,looks just like another old,worn out S-Class but will blow the doors off of almost anything out there....
Old 06-12-2010, 09:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 ML350 1987 Buick GN 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 2006 Mercedes S65
Okay so the only mods to this car are ECM mods? I hear there is some guy in Ohio that does this for about $800? Well since Im new to this forum and I have no clue where to start, can you guys give me some links or something? Thanks!