S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Renntech ECU Results - 07 S65

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 07:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Well I finally made it out to the drag strip last night.

Although my ET was lousy, IMHO, my trap speed of "121" shows that I am the second fastest MPH on dragtimes.com

I will also note that my trap speed was 2 mph faster than the two rentech cars running 11.5's.

According to many of the HP calculators on the web, and using 4600 lbs for the cars weight, as I weigh in at 205, she is making 636 at the flywheel.

Minus 20% for drive train loss, that's 508 at the rear wheels. A number HIGHER than Eurocharge's "heart breaker" dyno I made add.

I have now road raced her, autocrossed her, and finally dragged it. If that is NOT a real world testimony for Eurocharge's GREAT work, I have no idea what is.

Thanks Eurocharged and a SPECIAL thanks to Jerry

NOTE: results are in the W220 section as this weird fourm will NOT let me uplaod twice

Last edited by MRAMG1; 09-10-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by MRAMG1
Well I finally made it out to the drag strip last night.

Although my ET was lousy, IMHO, my trap speed of "121" shows that I am the second fastest MPH on dragtimes.com

I will also note that my trap speed was 2 mph faster than the two rentech cars running 11.5's.

According to many of the HP calculators on the web, and using 4600 lbs for the cars weight, as I weigh in at 205, she is making 636 at the flywheel.

Minus 20% for drive train loss, that's 508 at the rear wheels. A number HIGHER than Eurocharge's "heart breaker" dyno I made add.

I have now road raced her, autocrossed her, and finally dragged it. If that is NOT a real world testimony for Eurocharge's GREAT work, I have no idea what is.

Thanks Eurocharged and a SPECIAL thanks to Jerry

NOTE: results are in the W220 section as this weird fourm will NOT let me uplaod twice
A very nice run!

I wouldn't get caught up in calculating flywheel horsepower from ET/Trap speeds...and then converting to rear wheel #'s and comparing it to a dyno #. Your trap speed speaks volumes by itself.

Also, just for comparisons sake, Stephen Selden's best non-Niitrous trap speed was 123.35mph for a W220 S600 with RENNtech tune (although it is not posted on dragtimes). I am sure with cooler weather you can approach that trap.

Tom
Old 09-10-2010, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Good trap speed.... what was the weather conditions out there and elevation of the track? You should run it in the winter for a more decent weather.

Congrats
Old 09-10-2010, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by TMC M5
A very nice run!

I wouldn't get caught up in calculating flywheel horsepower from ET/Trap speeds...and then converting to rear wheel #'s and comparing it to a dyno #. Your trap speed speaks volumes by itself.

Also, just for comparisons sake, Stephen Selden's best non-Niitrous trap speed was 123.35mph for a W220 S600 with RENNtech tune (although it is not posted on dragtimes). I am sure with cooler weather you can approach that trap.

Tom
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Good trap speed.... what was the weather conditions out there and elevation of the track? You should run it in the winter for a more decent weather.

Congrats
Thanks guys

The track was VERY greasy as there were a few blow outs that took over an hour to clean. I was actually spinning through 3rd gear on my last run, which was not very fun, or good, ha, ha.

One of my friends there, informed me that the DA was 1700. Please don't quote me on that. The track is about 1000' above sea level, but it IS one of the faster tracks around me.

I will try and sneak out again, when the weather is promising.

PS: I have always siad, that dyno numbers mean squat. They are ONLY a tool to see if you are going in the right direction.

The only thing I like about the graphs is the area under the curve