S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Need Major HELP!!! MBUSA SUCKS!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 03:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 S63
Need Major HELP!!! MBUSA SUCKS!!!!!

Ok, here is the deal......

i have a 2010 S63 that i had to one year exactly!

the car has been in the shop for around 7 1/2 weeks now with no answer's from mbusa.

the reason for it being in the shop in the first place is the car wouldn't start. it would keep choking over and over. so the dealer said it was a wiring harness. i said fine what ever just fix it.

they said the part would be here in 10 days since the part was on BACK ORDER. I wait the 10 days only to hear from my dealer that it would be another few weeks and that the part would be here on nov,18 because there ISN'T ONE MADE OR AVAILABLE any where in the world.

i said ok fine fix it just get it here, so now its about nov,16 or so and i walk into the dealership to make sure every thing is OK and as i expected the date got pushed back to dec,12. i have contacted mbusa with no answer's for 3 weeks, there is a west coast regional rep from mbusa that came to the dealer and had a convo with the service manager and basically has zero answer's as to when the part would be here or anything.

i need help!!!!!! is there anyone that can advise me as to who else i can contact or any strategy that i can follow?

im really pissed and im scared of 2 things 1, the part isn't gonna be here on the 12'th and 2, it not gonna be the right part that needs to be repaired.

please help!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2010, 03:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pinto
parts not avail then its not avail..

only ways is they have to steal a new harness from the factory...

its a waiting game because how rare there's a harness fail?
Old 12-01-2010, 03:29 PM

2004 S55 ///AMG, 2007 E350
Since you are in California, you can always invoke the Lemon Law. Basic rules are: 1) Car in service for the same issue more than 3 times OR out of service for more than 21 days. Consult a local Lemon Law Attorney, you will get every cent back you spent on the car.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:07 PM

2010 S63
let's say i do decide to do the lemon law. i understand that i get all my money back, but can i also request that mbusa give's me an extra discount on my next mb ?
Old 12-02-2010, 06:22 PM

E CLASS
CA Lemon Law states that the car has to be out for 30 or more days and under 18,000 miles.

There are also a few other provisions but I would read up on it to be sure you qualify.

GL
Old 12-03-2010, 12:42 PM

2006 S65
i am sorry to tell you...your in for a long and wrong fight. A few years ago i had a clk cab for my wife go bad day number 6 or 7 and they had it for months and months. it was fixed and brought it back time and time again. it would die at speed on the high way or in an intersection. huge danger involved. when MBUSA got involved they said they were sorry but for me to file suit. I said i just wanted the car fixed correct or another one. they said that their attorneys are on staff and that it doesnt cost them a thing to have things linger in court. I had never heard anything like that. I asked my attorney here in California and he clained he know about the Mercedes theory of going to court. Sorry for the news. Just my interaction. I ended up being forced to trade and upgrade to a S55 then S65 and so far it has been ok.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:45 PM
DHH

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Panamera Turbo, R63, "71 280SL
I just did a similar thing with my Panamera - formerly a S63 owner. Write the chairman of MBUSA a sincere letter and you will get results - just ask for help and some form of compensation - don't complain - it will work better. Worked for me.