S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

blacked out tail lights b4 & after pix, what do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 S 55 AMG
blacked out tail lights b4 & after pix, what do you guys think?

thinking of going for the fronts next time.
Attached Thumbnails blacked out tail lights b4 & after pix, what do you guys think?-img_0410.jpg   blacked out tail lights b4 & after pix, what do you guys think?-img_0409.jpg   blacked out tail lights b4 & after pix, what do you guys think?-img_0446.jpg   blacked out tail lights b4 & after pix, what do you guys think?-img_0447.jpg  
Old 06-16-2011, 06:10 PM
pas

2007 S65, 2005 Nissan Armada
i think you need to put those wheels back on the ghetto mobile they came from! tailights look good.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:45 PM

2 S 55 AMG
lol i asked about my tail lights, but thankz for the extra input. haven't gotten any complaints driving around nyc with it as yet though.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:19 PM

Garage Temporarily Empty
Tails look good but I am reserving my comment about the wheels.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:27 PM

2017 991.2 Turbo PDK 2017 C63S Coupe Ceramic Brakes 2015 CLS63S AMG Full House
Wheels a definite throw them in the scrap metal bin. The tint, I'd say, get the the facelift lights, see how they look, then matbe, just maybe dust them over in a nice black out. Otherwise nice ride.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:39 PM

2 S 55 AMG
lol appreciate the input, i see you guys really don't like the rims, is it the rose gold plated part or cause it's spinners?
Old 06-17-2011, 02:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 160 Posts
SL55, S500
omg those are spinners? I wanna see them ahah
Old 06-17-2011, 04:56 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2000 mercedes benz s430
lights

Not a fan of the tinted lights
Old 06-17-2011, 11:49 AM
pas

2007 S65, 2005 Nissan Armada
Originally Posted by ExoticToysNyC
lol appreciate the input, i see you guys really don't like the rims, is it the rose gold plated part or cause it's spinners?
both they dont' belong on a benz if it was an old lincoln or caddy where the paint somehow coordinated with the rose maybe but a W220??? they just look to flashy and that's putting it diplomatically, just my opinion.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:33 PM

Garage Temporarily Empty
Exotic,
In all seriousness, I give you credit.....most other people getting feedback like you have, would not be so diplomatic and understanding.
Good for you.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:54 PM

2 S 55 AMG
@Vabene7 no credit is due to me...it is a forum where owners get to educate/ vent/ criticize ...I in particular don't take this personally but yes you are right about others NOT being so "diplomatic & understanding" about it. Personally I loved these rims & for 12 g's I couldn't resist, never had spinners before and wasn't sure how it was going to look which is why these are spinners/stop spin .... meaning i can lock the spinners to make it look like a regular rim or have them spin. My next project is to lower her maybe 1 - 1 1/2 inch as soon as I can find the time. Tkz for the kind words.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:56 PM

2 S 55 AMG
Originally Posted by pas
both they dont' belong on a benz if it was an old lincoln or caddy where the paint somehow coordinated with the rose maybe but a W220??? they just look to flashy and that's putting it diplomatically, just my opinion.
appreciate the reply. what if i painted the rose gold black?
Old 06-22-2011, 12:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E350 4-Matic Sport
Tail lights look ok. But the wheels attract too much attention. Do you get pulled over alot with those?
Old 06-22-2011, 02:44 PM

2 S 55 AMG
No never got pulled over by cops, had a lot people stop me on the streets though. They seem to love it.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Flying Spur
Interesting, I had a w220 600 with the same wheels but I kept them locked, spinners got played out real fast.

To everyone else, these aren't any ordinary spinners, Davin wheels are top notch, well at least they used to be until Dub bought them out.

Tinted tails looks good, car needs a drop but I see you're already on that I dropped mine with adjustable links from www.adjustableairride.com Johns an awesome guy to deal with

Old 06-24-2011, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by alloutmk23
Tail lights look ok. But the wheels attract too much attention. Do you get pulled over alot with those?
Why would he get pulled over because of wheels ?

Anyway...

OP, to put my $.02 on why you actually started this thread, I think the tails look ok. The tails aren't really " blackened " as they are " tinted ". However, I would have opted for the 03+ tails and blackened them. I know it's a minor difference to some people but, I really hate the pre 03 tails lol. I've seen the look on a cl600 on youtube and it looks pretty sick, as long as the white is still showing ( all black kinda sucks IMO which is why I said your tails just look " ok " ), especially with a corresponding black and chrome/polished/silver trim theme for the rest of the car.

What method did you use for the tint ?

and

What method were you thinking about for the fronts ? Hopefully opening them up and spraying the inside vs the outside.

Edit, I suck at embedding so here's the link to the cl with the blacked out tails. http://youtu.be/kPYka1jFuc8

Last edited by SleepersOwn; 06-24-2011 at 02:57 AM.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:48 PM

2 S 55 AMG
[QUOTE=ssonss1;4727833]Interesting, I had a w220 600 with the same wheels but I kept them locked, spinners got played out real fast.

To everyone else, these aren't any ordinary spinners, Davin wheels are top notch, well at least they used to be until Dub bought them out.

Tinted tails looks good, car needs a drop but I see you're already on that I dropped mine with adjustable links from www.adjustableairride.com Johns an awesome guy to deal with

Yea i'm working on dropping it, I don't plan on using links though, I have the SDS so i'll be using that method to lower it. yours looks pretty low, you don't bottom out with it like that?
Old 06-26-2011, 03:54 PM

2 S 55 AMG
Originally Posted by SleepersOwn

Anyway...

OP, to put my $.02 on why you actually started this thread, I think the tails look ok. The tails aren't really " blackened " as they are " tinted ". However, I would have opted for the 03+ tails and blackened them. I know it's a minor difference to some people but, I really hate the pre 03 tails lol. I've seen the look on a cl600 on youtube and it looks pretty sick, as long as the white is still showing ( all black kinda sucks IMO which is why I said your tails just look " ok " ), especially with a corresponding black and chrome/polished/silver trim theme for the rest of the car.

What method did you use for the tint ?

and

What method were you thinking about for the fronts ? Hopefully opening them up and spraying the inside vs the outside.

Edit, I suck at embedding so here's the link to the cl with the blacked out tails. http://youtu.be/kPYka1jFuc8
finally a post that actually replied to the actual thread title....lol ummm i was going to upgrade it, but i don't plan on keeping the car very long which is why i'm not trying to do too much to it.....but i went with the Painted method, clear dbu paint mixed with a little black and after 3 coats that's what i got. for the fronts i'll be doing the inside of it, not the outside.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:33 PM

2011 E350 4-Matic Sport

http://youtu.be/kPYka1jFuc8
IDK how the cops are in your area, but here in the metro Detroit area they are usually prone to pulling people over in expensive blacked out cars with bright shiny spinning wheels....For no apparent reason .
Old 06-26-2011, 10:04 PM

2 S 55 AMG
IDK how the cops are in your area, but here in the metro Detroit area they are usually prone to pulling people over in expensive blacked out cars with bright shiny spinning wheels....For no apparent reason .
LOL yes I know exactly what you mean, they do all the time in ny too...In fact I do think they go after them more than other cars...however I haven't gotten pulled over because of the rims, maybe it's the time i drive I don't know...I go into work early and leave late. There is however another car I have whenever i drive it I get pulled over allllllllllll the time...here's the suprising part...they would stop me to ask me about the paint job and modz on the mustang. This car gets me pulled over atleast 1-2 times a day(when i decide to drive it)....the exhauset system on it soundz louder than a mac truck and i'm guessing the fires shooting out the rear didn't help either.
Attached Thumbnails blacked out tail lights b4 & after pix, what do you guys think?-895793638.jpg  
Old 06-27-2011, 08:50 PM

Wow that sucks. Sorry to hear. I guess i'm too spoiled from life in AZ lol.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:52 PM

finally a post that actually replied to the actual thread title....lol ummm i was going to upgrade it, but i don't plan on keeping the car very long which is why i'm not trying to do too much to it.....but i went with the Painted method, clear dbu paint mixed with a little black and after 3 coats that's what i got. for the fronts i'll be doing the inside of it, not the outside.
Dammit, I meant to multi-post. Anyway, I gotcha on the upgrade. Would make sense since you're not keeping it too long. I'd like to see how the fronts come out ! GOOD LUCK !
Old 06-27-2011, 10:57 PM

2 S 55 AMG
Dammit, I meant to multi-post. Anyway, I gotcha on the upgrade. Would make sense since you're not keeping it too long. I'd like to see how the fronts come out ! GOOD LUCK !
if i can find the time to dismantle the headlights i'll do it...confused as to what i wanna do with it now though...cf or painted , i've done both before on other cars so i'm not sure what i'll be doing when i open it up....any thoughts?
Old 06-28-2011, 09:34 PM

Pinto
wtf is this ****..
Old 06-30-2011, 12:22 AM

S550 sport, CL550 sport, CL63 Designo
LOL yes I know exactly what you mean, they do all the time in ny too...In fact I do think they go after them more than other cars...however I haven't gotten pulled over because of the rims, maybe it's the time i drive I don't know...I go into work early and leave late. There is however another car I have whenever i drive it I get pulled over allllllllllll the time...here's the suprising part...they would stop me to ask me about the paint job and modz on the mustang. This car gets me pulled over atleast 1-2 times a day(when i decide to drive it)....the exhauset system on it soundz louder than a mac truck and i'm guessing the fires shooting out the rear didn't help either.
You are getting pulled over in that thing because it is a crime to drive that around! That picture looks like someone jacked the car and sprayed graffiti all over it then left it in the ghetto alley of nyc.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: blacked out tail lights b4 & after pix, what do you guys think?