S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

About to pull a trigger on a 06 S65.. Any issues?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Mercedes-Benz GL550
About to pull a trigger on a 06 S65.. Any issues?

Been a member but usually don't post. I am about to pull a trigger on a 06 S65 here in GA and wanted to do some last minute checks..

Its a CPO so I am good with warranty but wanted so see if that is good enough? Just wanted to make sure I am aware of everything ahead of time.

Can't wait to join the Bi-Turbo club
Old 07-16-2011, 04:31 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Buick T-Type, 70 cuda, S65 and a very FAST Truck!
You will love it. The more you drive it the faster it will get. Mine was a dog for about the first three tanks of gas. Be prepared to buy tires! I laughed at Busa before I bought mine that you need new tires at almost every oil change, he was right.

Tell us about your new ride?
Old 07-16-2011, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
06 CLS55 w/ P030, 05 Jag S Type R, 05 TBird-68 Dodge Charger R/T-440 w/4speed I'm original owner
Originally Posted by Max4Speed
Been a member but usually don't post. I am about to pull a trigger on a 06 S65 here in GA and wanted to do some last minute checks..

Its a CPO so I am good with warranty but wanted so see if that is good enough? Just wanted to make sure I am aware of everything ahead of time.

Can't wait to join the Bi-Turbo club
You can extend the basic CPO warranty period of 12 months by paying xtra. A good investment to protect your new baby.

Good luck and enjoy.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:38 AM

Garage Temporarily Empty
I know you have the CPO in place, but wouldn't take the chance without an aftermarket warranty.
It's not always an option for everyone because of the price tag, but I made sure I factored that figure into the total price for my S600.
And I was lucky I did that...my first claim was knocking on the door of $8k, then next claim was $1k and I'm sure I not finished.
Did I mention I have only had the car for 8 months?

CPO only will get you so far, but an exclusionary, aftermarket warranty will, most likely, save you big money in the long run.
I have a Platinum Fidelity warranty.

Honestly, I would email Bruce Mendel (brucem105@comcast.net) and ask him about the difference between a CPO covered car and an aftermarket warranty covered car. Also ask him about coverage levels and what you can, if anything, have to spend for the different warranties.
I was surprised what a CPO car DID NOT include, compared to a warranty covered car.
I hope this helps. I bought my car and warranty with Bruce and he was so honest and knowledgeable, I recommend him to anyone I know that is in the same position I was. His guidance saved me big money in the long run.

-Chris
Old 07-17-2011, 11:38 AM

Received 153 Likes on 121 Posts
'94 SL600,'05 SL600,'06 S65,'07 E63,'14 E63S,'09SL600 all sold, ‘15 S65,‘18 E63S,'17 SL65, '17S65Cab
Outside of warranty coverage the biggest cost will be brakes, pads and rotors. Next would be tires as mentioned above. After that I would say spark plugs. I had three replaced under warranty related to a CEL service, I was shocked when I saw what the bill would have been. The A and B service is somewhat higher tha an S500 because the S65 holds more oil. Anything else should be warranty.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:22 PM

'08 S63 AMG, '05 CL65
+1 on Bruce. He's aces!!

Originally Posted by Vabene7
I know you have the CPO in place, but wouldn't take the chance without an aftermarket warranty.
It's not always an option for everyone because of the price tag, but I made sure I factored that figure into the total price for my S600.
And I was lucky I did that...my first claim was knocking on the door of $8k, then next claim was $1k and I'm sure I not finished.
Did I mention I have only had the car for 8 months?

CPO only will get you so far, but an exclusionary, aftermarket warranty will, most likely, save you big money in the long run.
I have a Platinum Fidelity warranty.

Honestly, I would email Bruce Mendel (brucem105@comcast.net) and ask him about the difference between a CPO covered car and an aftermarket warranty covered car. Also ask him about coverage levels and what you can, if anything, have to spend for the different warranties.
I was surprised what a CPO car DID NOT include, compared to a warranty covered car.
I hope this helps. I bought my car and warranty with Bruce and he was so honest and knowledgeable, I recommend him to anyone I know that is in the same position I was. His guidance saved me big money in the long run.

-Chris
Old 07-24-2011, 09:51 PM

2012 S600
I'm Suwanee, GA got a CL65 you are gonna love it!!! I have Fidelity Platinum Warranty. I haven't had to use it yet. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-25-2011, 12:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
07 E63 06 CLK55 Cab 03 P-car C4S
Originally Posted by Tomlape
+1 on Bruce. He's aces!!
i talked w/ bruce on the phone - seems like a nice guy.
he gave me a quote on my existing 2005 S600(to replace/complement my CPO), and i'm awaiting a quotation on S65 for Fidelity Platinum.
Pls share what you guys find out.
Thx.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:04 PM

Garage Temporarily Empty
BZ,
I am not aware of how many miles are on your car, but I know that Fidelity Warranty prices are increased by miles.
I also know that this past January, their prices just increased substantially.

Fidelity Platinum is the best you can buy but the pricetag reflects that.
I have had great success with them.
Bruce also deals with other quality warranty companies which cost less money, but he can fill everyone in on the specific information and compare them for you.

-Chris