S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

HELP Cracked bumper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 S55 AMG
HELP Cracked bumper

Hey guys, I would really appreciate any advise on this matter. Yesterday, I was parking my S55, and as I was inching into the spot, I cracked the bottom of the bumper on the curb. I wasn't paying very close attention, and that was stupid of me. Does anybody have any advise on how I can fix this? It really is not noticeable at all, since it is really on the bottom of the bumper. My main concern is if the crack can get bigger. I will get pictures of the damage as soon as possible. Please post your comments.

Thank you.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
2007 SL55 AMG
the crack won't get bigger unless you hit the curb again in the same spot. A bodyshop can fix it fairly easily.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:03 PM

2005 S55 AMG
Thanks for the good news. I am new to cars, since I just got my first car a few months ago. I really appreciate it.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:20 AM

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by PersianBoi
Hey guys, I would really appreciate any advise on this matter. Yesterday, I was parking my S55, and as I was inching into the spot, I cracked the bottom of the bumper on the curb. I wasn't paying very close attention, and that was stupid of me. Does anybody have any advise on how I can fix this? It really is not noticeable at all, since it is really on the bottom of the bumper. My main concern is if the crack can get bigger. I will get pictures of the damage as soon as possible. Please post your comments.

Thank you.
Yea this always looks worse than it really is. My Dad with his S430 SPORT did the same thing but more than once, his was cracked on both sides. There is special bondo/epoxies you can buy at a automotive store that can repair the cracks. I repaired his and painted and cleared it all for less than $40 myself BUT I do have previous experience. A good body shop can fix it. If they suggest they need to remove the bumper it becomes expensive. they told me my dad's bumper needed to be removed to be repaired but that was not true. The repairs I did have lasted over a year now with no failure.
Good luck
Johan
Old 04-18-2012, 09:16 AM

SL55, ML500 and E350
Same issue on a 2005 SL55

So someone pulled up in the parking spot in front of me and did not stop until they could not go any frther because my car was in the way.

Accidents and stupidity happen, what can I say.

So I am thinking of going to an upgraded front bumper now and I am wondering if I can get some input on options available.

Anyone?

Thanks,

Anthony

Last edited by AHansen; 04-18-2012 at 09:17 AM. Reason: spelling