S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Alky on AMG cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 09:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 ML350 1987 Buick GN 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 2006 Mercedes S65
Alky on AMG cars

Does anyone here run some sort of Alky injection in there Kompressor engines or their bi-turbo engines? If so by who? Thinking bout getting an Alky kit for the S65 but would like some feedback first. Thanks!
Old 04-26-2012, 12:30 PM

S600
Methanol injection is generally not going to give you a BHP increase unless:
1. Your charge cool temps are getting excessively high
2. You are able to map (ECU tune) to take advantage of meth inj by leaning off fueling and advancing ingnition timing.

On stock cars most people with turbo cars record a dyno recorded BHP drop.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by drabux
Methanol injection is generally not going to give you a BHP increase unless:
1. Your charge cool temps are getting excessively high
2. You are able to map (ECU tune) to take advantage of meth inj by leaning off fueling and advancing ingnition timing.

On stock cars most people with turbo cars record a dyno recorded BHP drop.
You can run methanol or water injection with no tune to lower your IAT's for more reliable power.

If you want to make more power then a tune would be in order but you can definitely see impressive gains with the injection and tune. Not sure on the gains with your car in particular, but on my smaller displacement evo (2.0L), I was able to raise my boost 5psi in conjunction with 91 octane and 100% meth and gain 50whp with methanol injection.

A very good methanol injection company to go with would be Howerton engineering. Started by an actual engineer, the company has a deeper knowledge concerning methanol injection than most shops. They use aquamist injection systems in combination with their own products to make a truly awesome product. Not cheap, but the best in the business.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:11 PM

Thanks guys! I should have mention the car is mostly stock with drop in K&N filters and a ECU/TCM tune from EuroCharged. The car runs good on the street but form time to time I could feel the loss of power when I get on it (especially when there is added weight or people in the car). The wife took it to the track and on a mix of 91 and 110, the car was a beast!

I run meth injection on my 87 Grand National and I was able to increase boost from the stock 15-16psi up to 26-27psi with no knock! So Im a believer in Meth injection. I was just hoping that someone that is running meth injection has some input or may be there are people out there making kits that are plug and play. Thanks again guys for the input.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:21 PM

So does no one here run alky in their cars? Or is this one of those "secrets" people try to keep to themselves? LOL. If no one runs alky then i guess Ill be the guinea pig!
Old 05-01-2012, 01:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
03 S55 AMG,ECU/TCU Tuned,BMC Filters, E-Lowered,20's, 03 Hummer H2/ 00 996 (SOLD)
So, let us know what baseline numbers and GAINS you put down!!
Old 05-19-2012, 04:21 PM

S55 AMG
I too am interested in running meth on my S55 AMG. I have talked to a few people and theny say a tune is in order to get better numbers. I know that meth injection is a easy way to have safer power, but would like to know what kind of numbers people are getting with a tune.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:59 PM

His mama. Traded y0 mama in because she was squeaking.
Originally Posted by BenJ
A very good methanol injection company to go with would be Howerton engineering. Started by an actual engineer, the company has a deeper knowledge concerning methanol injection than most shops. They use aquamist injection systems in combination with their own products to make a truly awesome product. Not cheap, but the best in the business.

Not to nitpick, (ok, maybe a little), but Jeff (Howerton) is just a dealer for Aquamist UK. I've got an HSF-4 from him, so I'm not trying to speak ill of the guy. However, the only things he "makes" are the tanks for the Aquamist systems he sells.

Other than that, yes. AM is the way to go. If your car runs off a MAP system (instead of a hot wire MAF), you'll see decent gains. Just remember to spray before the IAT and MAP sensors.

For even more power, spray before the hair dryers or the whiner. (Turbos or supercharger). There is great debate about how spraying pre-turbo will damage the compressor wheels. I have yet to see empirical evidence of this though.

Last edited by Sathinas; 06-10-2012 at 08:01 PM.