S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Suggestions on Air Intake Tube replacements?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s55 AMG
Suggestions on Air Intake Tube replacements?

HEy guys, anyone have any experience with FTP 3" Beast Tubes? I wanted to replace my OEM Air Intake Tubes bc the plastic is cracked. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated for replacements. Also are there any alternatives to the TTM Scoops that are compatible for our s55's?

https://mbworld.org/forums/e55-amg-w211-vendor-classifieds/456949-ftp-3-aluminum-beast-tubes-click.html

Thanks.

Last edited by merc79; 08-04-2013 at 07:18 AM.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 GL550, 2004 Audi S4 v8
I ran into a company on ebay a couple years ago that could make these pipe bends and send them to you for little money. If you can't find the replacement plastic piece I guess I would try this. I think it's mostly a cosmetic thing though, unless you get the scoops.

You might as well start looking into the W211 E55 section...same engine, more people that mod there car, and more answers. This section is dead. I get on here every now and then to see if anyone posts a question which doesn't happen much. haha

I also bought a BMW and found a lot of people with them like to talk about them.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s55 AMG
Originally Posted by xlr8tin
I ran into a company on ebay a couple years ago that could make these pipe bends and send them to you for little money. If you can't find the replacement plastic piece I guess I would try this. I think it's mostly a cosmetic thing though, unless you get the scoops.

You might as well start looking into the W211 E55 section...same engine, more people that mod there car, and more answers. This section is dead. I get on here every now and then to see if anyone posts a question which doesn't happen much. haha

I also bought a BMW and found a lot of people with them like to talk about them.
thanks buddy, I'll give those guys a shout out on the W211 section. So you think the 3" Beast Pipes are not worth it for that $200 he's charging,lolz...and if you do the ceramic coating its xtra 80 bucks. In all honesty I have a custom made Ceramic coated intake tube on my Jaguar S type R, and it did make a noticeable difference. I'm sure it will make a difference with his as well, but the price is a bit steep. I"ll check out ebay and see if I can come across what you mentioned. I read on the e55 forum those guys changed out there Drivers side intake tube and replaced it with the s55 plastic tube bc their oem ones were constricted and it worked out perfect for them. Less than $20 on parts.com so I heard.

Did you make a custom fit Intake scoop for yours? I sent TTM a msg if he has any that will fit our s55's. Still waiting on his response back.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 GL550, 2004 Audi S4 v8
No I haven't tried this yet. Might not get to that point. It might make a difference, but for the money you can get a tune and pulley which will make a very noticeable difference. This is what I'm working on.