S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Interest in 600 and 65 Turbo Upgrade Group Buy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 02:59 PM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Interest in 600 and 65 Turbo Upgrade Group Buy

Hey guys,

So we are about to do the turbo upgrade for a local customer. After talking with him and a few other V12 Turbo guys it seems there is more interest in the turbo upgrade. Let me know if you have interest and we will put together a great price for you. We can also offer some package deals if someone would like a set of downpipes, tuning, ported and polished heads, etc. Go ahead and post in this thread if you have any interest. I will get all the information together on what we do to the factory turbos, advantages, and dyno sheets to some of dyno sheets from recent V12 B-Turbo cars that we have done the upgrade on.

Feel free to PM or email us also
Old 03-26-2014, 01:39 PM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is a dyno graph from the last V12TT that Eurocharged did the turbo upgrade on.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CL600 W216
Lightbulb Upgrades for W216 CL600

Originally Posted by EC DC
Here is a dyno graph from the last V12TT that Eurocharged did the turbo upgrade on.
Hello I just bought CL600 from USA I live in Republic of Georgia and I'm looking for upgrades for this car can you send me what part upgrades ar avalibale for this car with the prices thank
email- bubuteishvili@hotmail.com
Old 04-18-2014, 08:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi A4
Ported and polished heads... what sort of hp gains have you guys seen? Would be interesting to add that to the E..
Old 04-19-2014, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Interesting.. But can't you post a dyno graph showing just the difference between running your upgraded turbos & running stock turbos? This graph is not very helpful in this respect as you've lumped it together with your ecu/tcu heat exchanger upgrades.. Folks need to know how much actual hp/tq is to be gained utilizing just the billet turbos?

For comparo my sl gained 100 +whp under the curve between 3700-4700 rpm's & 100 rwtq between 2200-2700 rpm's by just adding ecu.. Not knocking your results just wanna see what the turbs gain alone by themselves.. Thanks!

Last edited by Thericker; 04-19-2014 at 07:22 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
CL65
Originally Posted by Thericker
Interesting.. But can't you post a dyno graph showing just the difference between running your upgraded turbos & running stock turbos? This graph is not very helpful in this respect as you've lumped it together with your ecu/tcu heat exchanger upgrades.. Folks need to know how much actual hp/tq is to be gained utilizing just the billet turbos?

For comparo my sl gained 100 +whp under the curve between 3700-4700 rpm's & 100 rwtq between 2200-2700 rpm's by just adding ecu.. Not knocking your results just wanna see what the turbs gain alone by themselves.. Thanks!
I see your point but you gotta realize this is the type of mod someone does after maxing the stock turbos with ecu/tcu and cooling mods. You can't expect a car no matter the tuner to sustain power with stock ecu, intake and cooling with larger turbos. Its going to need more air and stock cooling won't be enough to show the upgraded turbos true potential. I think this setup will put 600s at the same level of power or slightly higher than a tuned 65. Too bad noboby is offering a free set so the public can see what it does to a tuned 65...lol
Old 04-21-2014, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by RaceHorse
I see your point but you gotta realize this is the type of mod someone does after maxing the stock turbos with ecu/tcu and cooling mods.
Yes but the baseline dyno listed is showing bonestock hp/tq levels, 400 rwp is what you'd see on a very conservative dyno for 600 model v12tt
You can't expect a car no matter the tuner to sustain power with stock ecu, intake and cooling with larger turbos. Its going to need more air and stock cooling won't be enough to show the upgraded turbos true potential. I think this setup will put 600s at the same level of power or slightly higher than a tuned 65. Too bad noboby is offering a free set so the public can see what it does to a tuned 65...lol
I see your points too, but when selling/advertising a turbo upgrade to perspective customers it has to include PRE/POST turbo install gains at the very least .. IE the ecu/tcu HE mods wouldn't matter at this point, we could still seperate the gains made by just adding the upgraded billet turbs.

Every tuner always insists the dyno be used as a tuning tool & NOT to get carried away by peak hp/tq numbers, and to note rwp/rwt changes BETWEEN major modifications. Why not show perspective gains with & with out ecu tuning? The heat exchanger upgrade could be in place pre/post it won't matter it just helps to maintain cooler iat's etc etc.. The true potential of turbo gains would still be evident by simply flashing ecu/tcu to stock & would've been a simple 5 min plug n play swap & then submit BOTH dynos..

Last edited by Thericker; 04-21-2014 at 06:09 PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1988 535i 5 speed
Originally Posted by Thericker
I see your points too, but when selling/advertising a turbo upgrade to perspective customers it has to include PRE/POST turbo install gains at the very least .. IE the ecu/tcu HE mods wouldn't matter at this point, we could still seperate the gains made by just adding the upgraded billet turbs.

Every tuner always insists the dyno be used as a tuning tool & NOT to get carried away by peak hp/tq numbers, and to note rwp/rwt changes BETWEEN major modifications. Why not show perspective gains with & with out ecu tuning? The heat exchanger upgrade could be in place pre/post it won't matter it just helps to maintain cooler iat's etc etc.. The true potential of turbo gains would still be evident by simply flashing ecu/tcu to stock & would've been a simple 5 min plug n play swap & then submit BOTH dynos..
Gotta say I agree with you.

Also, this is the first time I've heard of someone doing head work on the V12s...would absolutely love to see what gains can be had there, as I've heard they are truly appalling flow-wise.