S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Any way to active the DVD video?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Any way to active the DVD video?

What's up with MB including the DVD video and blanking out the screen? Does anyone else find this ridiculous? I mean, there is a 7+ page section in the Command manual dedicated on how to use the DVD video yet you can't watch it!
Old 04-05-2004, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 S55
I completely agree. It's such a tease. You can certainly thank the overly litigious society we have here in the US for that. It was a conscious decision by MBUSA to eliminate the video completely. At least over in Europe, the video fades out at something like 5 kilometers per hour so you can watch it when the car is stopped.

So far, I haven't heard anything about the ability to disable it. I asked my dealership to inquire to the guys at NAV-TV to see if they have found a workaround that doesn't require additional hardware. No luck yet though.
Old 04-22-2004, 01:15 AM

Originally posted by rgbyhkr
I completely agree. It's such a tease. You can certainly thank the overly litigious society we have here in the US for that. It was a conscious decision by MBUSA to eliminate the video completely. At least over in Europe, the video fades out at something like 5 kilometers per hour so you can watch it when the car is stopped.

So far, I haven't heard anything about the ability to disable it. I asked my dealership to inquire to the guys at NAV-TV to see if they have found a workaround that doesn't require additional hardware. No luck yet though.
hey! most high quality audio shops can activate the video for you. they get the european components and they can allow you to watch video, even with the car is moving, for around $2k. if you live in the NYC region, i'll give you the number to a professional that i deal with
Old 05-15-2004, 02:21 PM

Originally posted by a9jlu
hey! most high quality audio shops can activate the video for you. they get the european components and they can allow you to watch video, even with the car is moving, for around $2k. if you live in the NYC region, i'll give you the number to a professional that i deal with
$2k for that

What colour combo is your S55 a9jlu?
Old 05-24-2004, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
video-capable head units

I have a few video-capable headunits for 2004+ cars available, in the SF Bay Area.

I think they will only be sold with installation due to some complexities with programming. Unless you can assure me that you have someone who knows how to use the Star Diagnosis system.

Contact me through e-mail for further details if anyone is interested.

-s-
Old 05-24-2004, 09:31 PM

Originally posted by G Unit
$2k for that

What colour combo is your S55 a9jlu?
call me jason.. hehe..
it's silver on black