S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Need a rebuilt transmission?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 09:04 PM

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
1956 Oldsmobile 98 Holiday, 2006 AMG S55, 2016 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE
Need a rebuilt transmission?

Hey guys I'm not making any commission here but I am SO HAPPY with my rebuilt trans I just wanted to share it with you guys. Marc at Sun Valley Mercedes here in So Cal is the greatest! They have been specializing in Mercedes transmissions for something like 30 years and even the dealerships out here use them. They use all genuine parts and they replace this piece in the torque converters that is aluminum and egg shapes after a short time and loses line pressure.. nobody else does that so after a short while converter issues come back in other trannys. He also uses high stall factory converters so I'm getting a 1500-2000 stall and the car feels like it has an extra 100hp on pulls.. but the biggest difference I've noticed is the high RPM or WOT shifting.. it used to be so bad it felt like it took a couple or few seconds to shift and now it's much much faster. I just wanted to let anyone know as they ship these trannys and they are only $2k so whoever needs a new tranny why not get a great trans at a great price? It's win win for you guys and I get to pass along a guy who I thought was really great.
The following users liked this post:
compaddict (07-14-2017)
Old 07-17-2017, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes benz 98 clk 320
This helps ! In in the market for a rebuilt 722.6 for my s55 amg 2004 . HAPPY to hear u had great results!
Old 07-17-2017, 10:04 PM

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
2006 CLS55
Originally Posted by cmpcpro
Hey guys I'm not making any commission here but I am SO HAPPY with my rebuilt trans I just wanted to share it with you guys. Marc at Sun Valley Mercedes here in So Cal is the greatest! They have been specializing in Mercedes transmissions for something like 30 years and even the dealerships out here use them. They use all genuine parts and they replace this piece in the torque converters that is aluminum and egg shapes after a short time and loses line pressure.. nobody else does that so after a short while converter issues come back in other trannys. He also uses high stall factory converters so I'm getting a 1500-2000 stall and the car feels like it has an extra 100hp on pulls.. but the biggest difference I've noticed is the high RPM or WOT shifting.. it used to be so bad it felt like it took a couple or few seconds to shift and now it's much much faster. I just wanted to let anyone know as they ship these trannys and they are only $2k so whoever needs a new tranny why not get a great trans at a great price? It's win win for you guys and I get to pass along a guy who I thought was really great.
is this labor included or labor separate?
Old 07-17-2017, 10:30 PM

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
1956 Oldsmobile 98 Holiday, 2006 AMG S55, 2016 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE
Glad to help guys! I've had a few of these trannys and this is by far the best. The greatest part is the torque converter which not only solves the common issue but doesn't let the pressure by so the shifts are nice and fast and firm. Before they would slip or cut power to shift now it's nice and firm! Can only imagine how it would shift with a tune! The 2k is for the trans only. Their installer does them for $750 if your local though.