S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

S Dyno Mode !!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 11:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
S Dyno Mode !!

I posted this on the CL55 forum, however, I'm certain this will work with the S-Class as well.

Just wanted to let everyone know that the hidden DYNO and Info mode does work on the CL class. At least is does on my 2003 CL55.

The DYNO mode disables ESP, BAS and ABS.

This is how you get into the hidden menu in the MFD.

1. Insert your key and turn to position 1.

2. Press the trip odometer reset button three (3) times.

3. The first screen you will see on the MFD is the battery voltage in the following format - UB: 12.0 V

4. Press the UP arrow button on the steering wheel.

5. You will now see other information such as Software Version, etc. If you turn the key to position 2 you will get a oil reading by QTS and other info will appear.

6. If you want to put the car into DYNO mode which will disable ESP and BAS, leave the key in position 1 and hit the up arrow until you see the screen that says "ESP Dynamometer Test".

7. At this screen use your + or - steering wheel button to turn this mode ON.

8. You will get some malfunctions due to ESP, BAS, etc. being off, but this is not a problem and they will go away once you disable the DYNO mode.

9. You can start you car now to DYNO it without all the electronic wizardry getting in the way.

CAUTION: DO NOT DRIVE LIKE THIS OR BAD THINGS MAY HAPPEN. ESP, BAS, ABS are desirable when driving

10. To exit out of DYNO mode, simply turn your car off then back on and it will reset to normal.

The menus have other interesting info. I found it interesting that my engine type is recognized as a AMG M113 E55 engine !

What does your engine get recognized as ?
Old 05-05-2004, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
Hmmm...interesting. Curious to see if it'll work on our '01 S500...maybe
Old 05-05-2004, 09:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W126 1991 350SDL
fwiw, i can't reproduce this on my '03 S55.

you use the plural "buttons" in your post - i assume that's a typo? i'm hitting the trip odometer reset button (to the right of the gauges, marked "R") three times and nothing happens. i've tried it in all the key settings. i've also tried it with the keyless go card.

doody.
Old 05-05-2004, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

2003 CL55 AMG
Originally posted by Doody
fwiw, i can't reproduce this on my '03 S55.

you use the plural "buttons" in your post - i assume that's a typo? i'm hitting the trip odometer reset button (to the right of the gauges, marked "R") three times and nothing happens. i've tried it in all the key settings. i've also tried it with the keyless go card.

doody.
Correct. It was meant to be singular. Try this again. When the car is OFF, turn the key to position 1 and immediately hit the Reset button 3 times in a row.
Old 05-05-2004, 12:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W126 1991 350SDL
a few details, for the avoidance of doubt...

when i turn my key, at some point it passes a point at which lights turn on etc, but it doesn't "click into place" at this point (though you can feel a resistance pass). quickly thereafter as you keep turning it clicks into what i assume is "position 1". then you can forward it again to another stop point (presumably "position 2") and the next turn triggers the ignition.

does this sound right?

i have tried it at the initial resistance point, at "position 1" and at "position 2". no success.

i have tried three fast pushes of the "R" button. i have tried three long pushes. i have tried three "regular" pushes. holding it down obviously resets the trip odometer - but i tried that too

????

doody.
Old 05-05-2004, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

2003 CL55 AMG
Your 'position' descriptions are correct.
Old 05-07-2004, 09:57 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tried on my 03~didn't work~~