S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

2002 s55 power juction pre fuse replacement options?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 s 55 amg
2002 s55 power juction pre fuse replacement options?

Hello everyone, I’m newer here learning how to repair Mercedes and bought this 2002 s55 for 800 bucks! It barley ran when I bought it with a shot abc dampener also abc pump with other electrical issues but it ran and drove not far! I took it home and changed the fuses getting a lot of basic functions back. The front headlights don’t work and windshield wiper as well with the interior fan system is not working right now. I put on the springs with the light switch solving the abc issue. Now I have been have been battling electrical issues with the car draining the battery very quick with a p0600 code since the beginning and I recently found a fuse in power junction area under the passenger floor that was blown! It connects to a smaller red wire and not sure where that leads either, it’s a smaller flat 150amp pre fuse! I’m hoping this solves my issue with the lights and wipers at least because it’s been draining the battery quick! I also found a lot of corrosion on the ground contacts all the way to the battery as well, looks like the car has sat since 2015, I planned on changing the voltage regulator and possibly check the rear Sam if the problem isn’t solved. if there is any other suggestions on what to check please leave me some tips!

if anyone can provide links of sufficient replacement fuses for the juction box? I’ve been looking online and can’t find the identical fuse, could someone point me in the right direction on getting the right fuses? Thanks
Old 11-02-2018, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 s 55 amg
Pics

pics

Last edited by Benzanotor; 11-02-2018 at 05:01 PM.