S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

2002 S55 amg Sam issue? How to identify vin For a used Sam?

Old 12-30-2018, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 s 55 amg
2002 S55 amg Sam issue? How to identify vin For a used Sam?

Hello everyone, I had a rat chew through a few wires with the open wires since I bought the car. The car ran when I bought it but not well and the kid had the wrong battery in the car, smh.. I read online the Sam units could become defective because of the pre fuses so I repaired the wires in the harness, had to replace all the blown fuses including pre fuse and got my door power back but now it just stays on and no buttons work draining the battery over a few days, I also have no low beams and my windshield wiper doesn’t work. But every other function engine wise has returned but anything that has a prefuse. Also my left mirror door light stays on and blinks then the right turn siginal left mirror and right turn signal doesn’t work. My windows also stopped working. I tested the conpenonents and they all work when I apply power. It looks like someone tampered with the seal one the rear Sam and front right Sam, there was some corriossion on the pins. I have a code and it’s a communication link error code so I guess it’s my Sam units? I removed these Sam units and I am curious how to search my vin or if someone can help me find the correct Sam for my vehicle just in case it’s been swapped out before. I attached a photo of my Sam and vin. I was also curious what the (14/02) stands for on the Sam unit, does this need to be exactly the same when looking for a used Sam? Thanks wdbng73j72a29746469