S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

BEFORE BITING THE BULLET

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1966 250s 02 s430 01 e430 98 ml320
BEFORE BITING THE BULLET

Does any one have access to the w220 door control module wiring schematic. I would like to check for power first before just purchasing the dcm. Over night my passenger seat window and mirror stopped working. It was raining but i see no wet spots inside the door panel or humidity in the module. One wire has power behind the dcm not sure if their should be only one power wire or multiple feeds? Is their a fusible link somewhere in the harness that won't blow the fuse it the fuse holders?
Old 01-04-2019, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 265 Likes on 214 Posts
'06 MB S55 AMG; '04 Audi Allroad 4.2; '05 BMW M3 Conv.; '92 MB 500E
A great resource to keep handy, the W220 Wiki Encyclopedia...

https://w220.ee/Door_control_module#Functionality

Often the connectors simply come losses from opening and closing the doors over the years.

maw

Last edited by maw1124; 01-04-2019 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by maw1124
A great resource to keep handy, the W220 Wiki Encyclopedia...

https://w220.ee/Door_control_module#Functionality

Often the connectors simply come losses from opening and closing the doors over the years.

maw
Theirs enough wire for the dcm to hang when changing and to have some play if needed, but most of the play that is needed is in between the door. Was looking for a schematic for those wires as my all data doesn't have that section. All the clips behind the dcm were tight and snug, all the wires as well. I wanna check continuity and if im checking the right wire for power. Their is power their but not sure if its in the right spot or if their should be multiple power wires coming in. That wiki is only a canbus direction guide. It does not mention anything about the under carpet fuse or power tracing to any of the components just which way it talks. I initially inspected for water damage found none (white sticker) and then loose connectors hoping I would have a quick fix. If I only could have been so lucky.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by supra1jz3191
Theirs enough wire for the dcm to hang when changing and to have some play if needed, but most of the play that is needed is in between the door. Was looking for a schematic for those wires as my all data doesn't have that section. All the clips behind the dcm were tight and snug, all the wires as well. I wanna check continuity and if im checking the right wire for power. Their is power their but not sure if its in the right spot or if their should be multiple power wires coming in. That wiki is only a canbus direction guide. It does not mention anything about the under carpet fuse or power tracing to any of the components just which way it talks. I initially inspected for water damage found none (white sticker) and then loose connectors hoping I would have a quick fix. If I only could have been so lucky.
Well if the connectors are all plugged in, and all clean, then you may indeed need a new module. What you're describing is some parts of the module work while others don't. That's not a power issue, most likely. Why not source a new module and swap it in for tests and kicks? eBay. Either way, I don't have any wiring diagrams (although I'm sure Google can help). That's in the weeds for me. Maybe others can help.

GL

maw
Old 01-07-2019, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by maw1124

Well if the connectors are all plugged in, and all clean, then you may indeed need a new module. What you're describing is some parts of the module work while others don't. That's not a power issue, most likely. Why not source a new module and swap it in for tests and kicks? eBay. Either way, I don't have any wiring diagrams (although I'm sure Google can help). That's in the weeds for me. Maybe others can help.

GL

maw
No parts of the module work I didnt describe that any part . Also I don't believe in throwing parts at something hoping to fix it. I would like to diagnose the problem the cause and effect. What if you put a new module in and you have an electrical short to burn that new module right away. If it was a customers car and they were telling me what to do I would surely just change it and would not be responsible if their new part is damaged; and they would still need to pay my labor. If i just throw parts at this I have no one to blame but my own ignorance and lack of knowledge by following guesses of others if it doesnt fix it. If their was a short found after replacement dcm didn't work and it was repaired I would then be stuck with variable of 2 bad dcm burned by a short or the waist of purchasing a second dcm just to test. Also can receive a bad used dcm so new would be the best route then you may have to worry about coding. If I have short and it hasn't burned the dcm I could have my problem solved for a few dollars. Same with the logic board on the switch if I had an operations guide I could try and trace a bad chip just repairing that.

-naw maw but lemme borrow your dcm if your sure I can diagnose my problem that way and not cause harm to your part?
Old 01-07-2019, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by supra1jz3191
No parts of the module work I didnt describe that any part . Also I don't believe in throwing parts at something hoping to fix it. I would like to diagnose the problem the cause and effect. What if you put a new module in and you have an electrical short to burn that new module right away. If it was a customers car and they were telling me what to do I would surely just change it and would not be responsible if their new part is damaged; and they would still need to pay my labor. If i just throw parts at this I have no one to blame but my own ignorance and lack of knowledge by following guesses of others if it doesnt fix it. If their was a short found after replacement dcm didn't work and it was repaired I would then be stuck with variable of 2 bad dcm burned by a short or the waist of purchasing a second dcm just to test. Also can receive a bad used dcm so new would be the best route then you may have to worry about coding. If I have short and it hasn't burned the dcm I could have my problem solved for a few dollars. Same with the logic board on the switch if I had an operations guide I could try and trace a bad chip just repairing that.

-naw maw but lemme borrow your dcm if your sure I can diagnose my problem that way and not cause harm to your part?
yeah right. Not my car dude. Good luck.

maw