S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

What module is this? does it power any device

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 12:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes Benz S550
What module is this? does it power any device

From s550 w221. What does this module do?

Old 07-28-2019, 10:03 AM

Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts
2003 S55 (SOLD) , 2012 S550
Phone Antenna Booster.
A2208271842
Old 07-28-2019, 12:02 PM

Mercedes Benz S550
Originally Posted by PillDrive
Phone Antenna Booster.
A2208271842
Does the ground on it power the puck or power the main bluetooth module?
Old 07-29-2019, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 95 Posts
W221 S600, W220 S55 AMG Kompressor, W124 300E, W140 S320, W210 E3204M W164 ML320 Bluetec
Originally Posted by azontodance
From s550 w221. What does this module do?

It’s purpose is to disconnect the external cellular antenna from the optional cellular phone in the console, and switch it over to the Tele-aid/mbrace transceiver. If you have a phone installed in the console, you will notice if you press the Wrench, “I” (Information) or SOS buttons, the signal strength on the COMAND immediately drops to nothing and the signal is rerouted to the Tele Aid to have priority in case of an accident, etc.
Old 07-30-2019, 03:18 AM

Mercedes Benz S550
Originally Posted by Polar Bear
It’s purpose is to disconnect the external cellular antenna from the optional cellular phone in the console, and switch it over to the Tele-aid/mbrace transceiver. If you have a phone installed in the console, you will notice if you press the Wrench, “I” (Information) or SOS buttons, the signal strength on the COMAND immediately drops to nothing and the signal is rerouted to the Tele Aid to have priority in case of an accident, etc.
Thank you very much for the details.
Old 07-30-2019, 03:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W221 S600, W220 S55 AMG Kompressor, W124 300E, W140 S320, W210 E3204M W164 ML320 Bluetec
Originally Posted by azontodance
Thank you very much for the details.
This will explain in more detail.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Switchover Control Unit.pdf (390.9 KB, 110 views)
Old 07-31-2019, 01:31 AM

Mercedes Benz S550
This will explain in more detail.
Thank You very much Polar Bear, you have been very helpful.
Maybe you can help me narrow down my issue

My bluetooth puck does not turn on, I changed the bluetooth control module but still doesnt power on. So i thought the puck itself was bad, I decided to change the puck itself.. But still didn't get power

I check fuse 129, it fine. so I opened the armrest, i checked for corroded wires or broken wires, i did not see anything broken.

This is why i started looking at different thing in the trunk

Thank YOu and God bless
Old 08-10-2019, 10:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Has that module been removed from your vehicle? Can you place a test call to Tele Aid/mbrace?

When Tele Aid/mbrace is activated, it actually initiates a turn-off request to the CTEL device in the center armrest while the Tele Aid/mbrace call is in progress. If part of that system has been removed, it could interfere with the power that is feeding the CTEL connector.

Attempt to press the "i" button in the center console and see if you hear it connect and/or see a message on the Instrument Cluster/COMAND.

If it does not respond, try holding down the three Tele Aid/mbrace buttons - the SOS button behind the rear view mirror, "i" button, and "wrench" button at the same time. Continue holding all three until you see the SOS button flashing. All this will do is attempt to activate your Tele Aid/mbrace transceiver with the cellular carrier. Also, if you you have the COMAND on, you should see the CTEL signal strength indicator change to "Digital" and look to see if it registers a signal level. That will help us narrow down if what is and is not working with the antenna(s) and interface. After the call to Tele Aid/mbrace ends, it should restore power back to the CTEL cradle in the console and activate the Telephone/Bluetooth device again.
Old 08-12-2019, 01:13 AM

Mercedes Benz S550
Has that module been removed from your vehicle? Can you place a test call to Tele Aid/mbrace?

When Tele Aid/mbrace is activated, it actually initiates a turn-off request to the CTEL device in the center armrest while the Tele Aid/mbrace call is in progress. If part of that system has been removed, it could interfere with the power that is feeding the CTEL connector.

Attempt to press the "i" button in the center console and see if you hear it connect and/or see a message on the Instrument Cluster/COMAND.

If it does not respond, try holding down the three Tele Aid/mbrace buttons - the SOS button behind the rear view mirror, "i" button, and "wrench" button at the same time. Continue holding all three until you see the SOS button flashing. All this will do is attempt to activate your Tele Aid/mbrace transceiver with the cellular carrier. Also, if you you have the COMAND on, you should see the CTEL signal strength indicator change to "Digital" and look to see if it registers a signal level. That will help us narrow down if what is and is not working with the antenna(s) and interface. After the call to Tele Aid/mbrace ends, it should restore power back to the CTEL cradle in the console and activate the Telephone/Bluetooth device again.

I remember Each time I press SOS, it calls MB Emergency
Old 08-14-2019, 11:38 AM

Mercedes Benz S550

Thank you Very much. Each time I tried all these above instructions, by pressing the 3 buttons at the same time. It automatically calls the MB emergency line. So it does not work for me.
Old 08-25-2019, 11:19 PM

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
2006 CLS55AMG & 2005 S55AMG
I retrofitted the bluetooth phone components into my 2005 S55AMG . I did not hook that part up. My puck lights up and the phone connects, works fine. The phone system / phone cradle is powered from the UHI module in the trunk {driver side fender, behind the cover that contains the CD changer and audio components} . I would check for power at the phone cradle. The link I provided has the pin out of the cradle. Might just be a broken wire in the cradle harness inside the center console. The puck should light up with blue lights. Make sure it is seated into the cradle properly. Push the little black button, pull it out and re seat the puck into the cradle. Hook your car up to a STAR diagnostics computer and see what faults come up in the COMMAND section of the STAR diagnostics, if you have acess to one. https://forums.mbclub.co.uk/threads/...example.10249/

Last edited by hvacdude; 08-25-2019 at 11:25 PM.