S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

nav tv+ comand upgrade?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 09:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whatever there's gas in...
nav tv+ comand upgrade?

Hey im a newbie and my dad has a few AMG and Regular Mercedes-Benz's and on our '02 S55 we wanted to upgrade the comand headunit but didnt think it was worth it. Now my dad is interested in the Nav Tv and I was wondering if we could get all the new wood pieces and all that and just put the '03+ headunit in w/ the nav tv? Can anyone answer my question? Thanx!
Old 02-26-2005, 03:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 w204 C350
The guys from NAV-Tv are a bunch of clowns and there prices are RIDICOLOUS. If you want any sort of benz modifications, especially ones involving comand and video the only person to contact is Steve (MbenzNL) on this forum.

Fazooley
Old 02-26-2005, 04:51 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Nothing MB related (sorry)
W220 DVD comands are not compatible in the older S-classes with D2B wiring...

Your current comand would be compatible with an MB TV tuner... if you can find one, that is...

greetingz,

BigSis
Old 02-27-2005, 04:55 AM
ON SUSPENSION

tv dvd command w220

Hey guys I would recommend mbdoctor for all these TV and DVD navigation
Old 03-02-2005, 02:36 PM

2013 w204 C350
Originally Posted by MBDOCTOR
Hey guys I would recommend mbdoctor for all these TV and DVD navigation

Go away and stop peddling your products here

fazooley
Old 03-03-2005, 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whatever there's gas in...
hey Fazooley your E-Class sounds awesome, can you PM me pics? that'd be great.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:38 PM
MBH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55 Delivered 01/07/05
Originally Posted by fazooley
The guys from NAV-Tv are a bunch of clowns and there prices are RIDICOLOUS. If you want any sort of benz modifications, especially ones involving comand and video the only person to contact is Steve (MbenzNL) on this forum.

Fazooley
Hey Faz,

I have the Nav TV mod on my new 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee with color back up cam. I like it so mush I am having it done to my brand new E55. I have had no problems at all with the Nav TV mods that were done in my 2005 Jeep and it cost me $1,500 installed for everything including the back up cam.

I am not associated at all with Nav. TV, just a very happy customer

MBH
2005 E55
Old 03-07-2005, 03:23 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by mysecondbenz
contact guys at www.naviplus.tv
pretty good...out of the 9 posts you came up with sofar, there isn't a single one yet that doesn't mention naviplus.
I presume you either work there or own it?

greetingz,
Old 04-19-2005, 02:53 PM

2013 w204 C350
Originally Posted by mysecondbenz
no I dont work for them they are just honest people, number two that's the only upgrade I have done to mycar, number three I just want people to know where they can get their car upgraded and what kind of experience I had with them, I just browse the forum and just give people advice, why is it bothering you so much
It bothers everyone becuase your vendor is neither approved or pays for ad space here which many others do. We have reputable people here who can do reprogramming of comands and the such. And as far as your great price, most comands tv button turn on and video adapter is no more than 400.00-600.00 installed, not 1500.00. Like I said, there a friggen ripoff.

fazooley

Last edited by fazooley; 04-20-2005 at 12:59 AM.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lexus
nav tv

Actually Nav-tv uses a Mercedes tuner and Mercedes antenna and the wiring harness from the european models. All dealings I have had with them have went well. I have worked for them since they were in New York, all jobs went great and I live in KY. Imagine how nervous I was....

If you use Nav-TV try to talk to Money Mailman(believe it or not that is his name, sounds fake I know) he will shoot you straight and tellyou what you need. He doesn't need to steal your money, He has enough business.

Right now his TV tuner option witch includes TV tuner with avinput,(mercedes tuner) and Mercedes antenna(he said aftermarkets dont get good reception) and the wiring harness to connect it to the command unit.

I dont think nav-tv are a "bunch of clowns" and I also really recommend steve and mbenznl but he doesnt have any tuners in for the older s-class in right now.. I wish he did... He probably would be cheaper than nav-tv for the same thing...

Let us know how you get your tv in you S-class, whether it be via Best Buy or nav-tv.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:36 PM

2002 S55

Hey guys, while you are talking about tv installs. I have a 2002 S55. I am wondering if there are any good places I should be going. I live in South Florida. If any of you guys know a place to install tv's in my headrest or tv in my navigation unit, please let me know. Also, I am wondering if there are any events down in South Florida. I am knew to the AMG world, so all help is appreciated.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:28 AM
ON SUSPENSION

fazooley
are you mad because i did not want to sell you the TV tuner and navigation with the dvd command two years ago don't worry i will sell it to you if you like just charge you duble
i think i did the right thing because you don't look like you deserve it IM in Brooklyn i know you are in state island if you like i know some one can install it for you a pro you know my contact number you can call me
Old 05-08-2005, 06:45 PM

2013 w204 C350
Originally Posted by MBDOCTOR
are you mad because i did not want to sell you the TV tuner and navigation with the dvd command two years ago don't worry i will sell it to you if you like just charge you duble
i think i did the right thing because you don't look like you deserve it IM in Brooklyn i know you are in state island if you like i know some one can install it for you a pro you know my contact number you can call me

Everyone disregard this fool. I wish a moderation or admin would just ban him already.

faz
Old 03-26-2006, 04:01 AM
ON SUSPENSION

fazooley
are you mad because i did not sell all those parts you wanted for the 2003 E class
its all good it was sold for more then you wanted to pay anyway
i know you are in state island if you like you can come down to Brooklyn im here
WWW.MBdoctor.com

Last edited by MBDOCTOR; 03-26-2006 at 04:04 AM.