Sponsored by:

Used 15' S63 should I buy it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
McLaren 12C, Audi S6
Used 15' S63 should I buy it?

I have a chance to get a 15' S63 black/black with 15k miles and is really fully loaded at MSRP 178k. They will sell for 110k but asking for 5k more off, as it backed in to a parked car and had exhaust tips and surroundings replaced.

My concern is the split view screen and the reduced quality image having half the pixels. The split screen will be hardly used but don't want reduced pic quality because of that.
Also it has the 19inch 10 spoke wheels in silver, it looks horrible on this black car and just looks weird. It needs the 20's, how much would I be looking to pay to have that upgraded?

Any other issues I should be looking for or asking about?

I have an Audi S6 that is modified and super fast, a lot faster than the S63 I test drove, but love the luxury amenities of the benz. Really unsure?
Thanks for any input.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:33 PM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
S, GL
From a MB dealer?

Ask to see the VMI report and make sure the VIN (check below) does not need any repairs especially the stalling engine one (this was only major issue) ... if you see some open repairs, have them apply all work before you take delivery

Don't obsess over the split screen, you'll never think about it again once you get the car especially if you use Waze, Google Maps, etc for nav from your phone

I have a set of the 5 spoke AMG 20s (take offs from my S63) sitting here, was going to use them for winter wheels but never did it

https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/recall

Used 15' S63 should I buy it?-p1090490_zpsdibmbnn5.jpg
Old 02-01-2016, 09:48 PM

McLaren 12C, Audi S6
Thanks Jenz.
I prefer to use the cars nav over my phone. My Audi S6 has google maps and the nav looks and works great. I love the big 12.3inch screen in the S class but don't like the idea that the splitview will make the pic quality very poor with all the other functions you use on that screen.

And thanks for the VMI, it came up with 1 done and 0 left to complete or pending. So good news.

Can you PM me what you want for those wheels.
Thanks,
Old 02-02-2016, 11:20 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
cars and stuff
I just picked up a 16 S63 and absolutely love it. With just a tune it should be close to your S6 performance wise and of course it's subjective but I think the S63 is a much more attractive car (and I'm not an MB fanatic, I just the S63 is gorgeous). I agree with jenz I believe the split screen would be a nonissue. I have those same wheels off my 63 for sale too, need to get them posted in the classifieds lol!

Good luck with your purchase, I think you'd be really happy with the change from the S6.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
I have a chance to get a 15' S63 black/black with 15k miles and is really fully loaded at MSRP 178k. They will sell for 110k but asking for 5k more off, as it backed in to a parked car and had exhaust tips and surroundings replaced.

My concern is the split view screen and the reduced quality image having half the pixels. The split screen will be hardly used but don't want reduced pic quality because of that.
Also it has the 19inch 10 spoke wheels in silver, it looks horrible on this black car and just looks weird. It needs the 20's, how much would I be looking to pay to have that upgraded?

Any other issues I should be looking for or asking about?

I have an Audi S6 that is modified and super fast, a lot faster than the S63 I test drove, but love the luxury amenities of the benz. Really unsure?
Thanks for any input.
After S6 you will not be happy with the big boat S63 and the transmission in particular.
I would consider the new S8Plus if I were you, all the luxury you can use and even better performance then the S63 with a tune.
A real bargain in US too, since it cost about $40k more then regular S8 everywhere else but same price here as before.
Old 02-04-2016, 01:52 AM

McLaren 12C, Audi S6
Thanks guys, the S63 sedan sold to someone else. No worry, didn't like the way it looked and don't really care for the 20' 5 star wheels either. The 20 spoke 20" on the non AMG look much better. Anyway have my eye on a few fully loaded 550 coupes. Boys are 9 and 11 so should fit comfortably in the back seats.

The S8plus would be much faster and sportier than the AMG sedan and a great bargain here but think next year they will change the interior similar to the Q7 and R8. And the S8 would be too similar to my S6, just longer and maybe a little more luxurious.

Not 100% of what to get. At times just think to keep my S6 for another 11 months till the lease is up and then make my move and have better options, and lower costs on used cars if I go that route. Could sell S6 without a loss.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
bmw, s65, elr
I happen to love those 5 spikes.... Pm me a price please!
Old 02-06-2016, 07:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2010 HARLEY FLHTK, 2013 SL550, 2014 S63
s63's should only come with 20's, no other option...but I was wrong b4...